News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Colorful 2-Floors Little Houses v1.0 - Redketchup

Started by RedKetchup, October 19, 2014, 03:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Used the two-story houses for the first last night. Excellent! How did you ever think of this, @RedKetchup?

slink

My guess is that he was inspired by the following from the ReadMe that comes with the modding kit.

"If the building has sections above the terrain, make a very low res 'floor' object that citizens will walk on. (The apiary doesn't need or use one.)

See /resource/Models/Buildings/FishermansDock/FishermansDockFloor.rsc

See /resource/Template/FishermansDock.rsc

irrelevant

Be sure to note when you build the ground floor, that the second floor will require additional ground space on the left side (looking at the front)

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on October 20, 2014, 08:42:37 AM
Be sure to note when you build the ground floor, that the second floor will require additional ground space on the left side (looking at the front)

i ve put fences on the ground so people see it !!!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 20, 2014, 08:44:17 AM
Quote from: irrelevant on October 20, 2014, 08:42:37 AM

i ve put fences on the ground so people see it !!!
You're so good. :)

Mahnogard

Quote from: downloadmyheart on October 19, 2014, 11:00:26 PM
This is the BEST-INNOVATIVE-AWESOME-MOD-EVER well done! thank U so much  ;D
will u add 3-floors residential houses? shop@ground flr. just like in The Settlers game
sorry for posting so many images, im just so excited & happy :D

So creative! Awesome use of them! :)

So much good stuff has happened in the last few days that it's making it really hard for me to stick with the vanilla towns I'm trying to get the rest of the achievements with. I wanna play with these houses soooooo bad!! Already downloaded and waiting for me to start a town with them.

Nilla

As expected, I am charmed by these houses!!!

At the first attempt I made the mistake, not letting the space left free. But it doesn't matter. The small 1 floor-house looks so cute. Than I thought that I invented the "stilt-house" because I tried to build the second floor alone beside it. Looks good, too. Than I saw that I wasn't the firstone who had made this.

The picture looks like an old fashioned Christmas card.  :D

Thank you @RedKetchup

Nilla

Is this something you planned @RedKetchup?

I remember you talked about testing your new baby ;)

Just started a new game to test Jamie´s modified tradingmod. I want to build only these cute houses from the start. As I looked into the houses, I notice that this family has got a new baby, the 6. member of the family. I have seen 4 children in one family before, seldom, but I thought it happened only if the parents first lived separated.

Can´t be accidental. The next 3-chilren-family just got a baby. At the couple upstairs, too.

RedKetchup

i didnt just allowed to have people living upstairs :) i also allowed a 6th member of a family :) a 4th children :)

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 21, 2014, 10:46:36 AM
i didnt just allowed to have people living upstairs :) i also allowed a 6th member of a family :) a 4th children :)

Didn´t know, but as I said, I just noticed. Hasn´t anyone else noticed it yet?

I am not so sure about the consequences. But I will give it a hard test in this game. :)

You don´t stop to surprise @RedKetchup :)

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 21, 2014, 10:46:36 AM

You sly dog, you.  ;D I've been building the houses like crazy in my latest town--great for fitting in two families in tight spots or where you want to leave some bare ground. I have to admit that I build houses, make sure a couple moves in and then move on to other things. I hadn't gone back to look and notice the extra kid.

The one issue so far is that I got so excited building these houses that I got carried away and ended up with 45 houses and 40 families.  :-[  Next time I'll try and remind myself to pay attention.

I'm also thinking that those who want to play swampy maps can build just the 2nd story in case of floods.  Back in the 90s when the Great Lakes' water level was rising people rebuilt their cottages like that.

irrelevant

RedKetchup

but it wont happends very often, as i could see

Denis de la Rive

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 21, 2014, 11:33:09 AM
but it wont happends very often, as i could see

Not very often. It will happen at the beginning of a game. The just banished people are very young and often have some children (or brothers and sisters or whatever, the age differens to the "parents" is sometimes only a couple of years). Three of my 5 starting families became their 4th child. I have now played about 10 years and have only seen it once more.

As long as you go on building houses for the young adults, so they can move out soon after they have left school, you will normally not have more than 3 children at the same time in a family. It will be a bit different, if you do not build so many houses anymore, I suppose. More families, than before will have 4 children, so the effect of building less houses, than needed will be slower. It may make the game a bit difficulter, on the other hand maybe it will be a bit easier to reach a high population, if you have enough supply. I'm not sure, but I sure will try it out.