News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

fountain mod heir

Started by Fellow Villager, October 23, 2014, 03:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fellow Villager

I know (or I can imagine) the difficulty to take the project of another person, but it's a pity if it dies in this way,.,,

I hope some good modders as red, shock, rageignonsense, gix, slink (sorry for the guys I forgot) could go on on it

Pangaea

Some great stuff in there, but it felt like a carcrash too, with parts lying everywhere, so I don't think it's a great shame if it isn't continued. The current stuff will always be there. It should have been divided up ages ago though. Maybe I would use some of it then.

Fellow Villager

expecially I think on inventor workshop and mechanized furnace....more stuff could be added using this dinamic....however, It's good is someone uses this mod to make something

rkelly17

I'm with @Pangaea. I hope that, should someone take up the mantle, the first thing they do is separate the mod into logical components. I use the Lite version (since it doesn't mess with production chains or add new products) but I only use pieces of it. I could see one component of decorative items (the base fountains, the hedges, the bridge), one of housing (the "medium" houses and the inn), one with castle and one which has the new materials chains and stone/iron gatherers.

Oh, I forgot the small houses since I stuck to the version of Lite before those were introduced--never much cared for them.

Bobbi

I believe @RedKetchup suggested to him that if he took over helping with the mod, that is the first thing he would do is divide it up. Castle and castle parts, Decorative - bridge, hedges, fountains, Housing - Inn, little houses, Alchemist lab. Four parts.

slink

What's the point in publishing mega-mods, anyway?  Is it an attempt to corner the market on everything if anyone wants even one item from the mod, and thus hopefully stomp out competition?

rkelly17

RedKetchup

Quote from: slink on October 23, 2014, 09:15:32 AM
What's the point in publishing mega-mods, anyway?  Is it an attempt to corner the market on everything if anyone wants even one item from the mod, and thus hopefully stomp out competition?

no idea, but he knows what i think :) and i told him that i am probably the last person he should want to get it cause i would seperate some element
add some i have to it that go with it...
and take some out of it to put them in something else more appropriated
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 23, 2014, 09:33:34 AM
Quote from: slink on October 23, 2014, 09:15:32 AM

no idea, but he knows what i think :) and i told him that i am probably the last person he should want to get it cause i would seperate some element
add some i have to it that go with it...
and take some out of it to put them in something else more appropriated

Too bad. In the best of all possible worlds you would inherit it and merge the decorative stuff with your decorative items mod.

RedKetchup

or i would take most of decorative and put inside it, and put castle and walls alone, put inventor and really make it working (not at it is) and merge it with monastery
delete the water essource that isnt usefull at all .... and put stonecutter with.... with..... i dunno i would find something to do with :P

but ... i am happy to not have, i dont care.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

I don't think he wants someone with new ideas, he wants someone to help him with his OWN ideas that he just doesn't have time to do any more. I understand somebody having their own vision and wanting it all to be in one mod. I think he has lots more ideas for production chains (just guessing by some of what has been said on his facebook link). I wish he would break up his stuff into the parts we have suggested, and then also have a "mega mod" with all of his stuff combined for those that want it all. Sort of like he did the "lite" and the "full" version.

Fellow Villager

yes, agreed with you. dividing mod in more parts could be a good way,..,

rageingnonsense

Mega mods make sense if all of the components are tightly connected to one another. For instance; a meat mod where you get a butcher, smoke house, some new animals, etc.; and the production chains rely on one another.

Fellow Villager

so you are thinking of adding smoke house?  ::) ::)

bubbamcgee

So, is this mod totally dead now???