Started by Gatherer, February 20, 2018, 03:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Welcome to Castle Rock XIV.

Map seed number: 684 422 595
Map Size: Large
Terrain: Peak's Lakes (RK EC)

Starting seeds and animals: cucumber, carrot, apple, blueberry and leghorns

I will not plant cucumbers and blueberries, leghorns will be left to die out.

Year 1:

Overview of starting village and surrounding area. The hill to the west will be leveled to allow expansion.

Area across the river to the south. A future mining and industry centre (sand, clay, coal and iron ore extraction, iron smelting, tool making, glass and bricks manufacture).

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 5:

One child became adult within first 20 seconds of the game, nothing I could do about that. By clearing the area to the west I gained significant amounts of stone and iron ore. Bit difficult to obtain enough leather though, deer are scarce and fur collecting erratic. The village is growing ok though. There is enough food for everyone.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 8:

I've started to produce iron fittings and wagon parts which are needed for DS Jetty pieces. Also making lumber.

Two trading posts mark the beginning of shore developmnet.
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

:)  very nice as always @Gatherer  How do you get that sandy shore area on the second picture?  Can the bannies get to it?

Gatherer

Fiat panis.

Abandoned

Gatherer

Year 9

This starter village is only temporary. I'm already thinking of moving the population to the west along the shore.

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 10

Kid's log depot and boat market and DS jetty firewood splitter.

I will place two forest nodes above the paused irrigation canal. Most of the housing here will be temporary. The main town will be built later on to the north.

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 11

Orchards for a greener look. I will build DS Bryggen houses in this area.

Gaining a foothold on the southern expansion.

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 13

New fields are awaiting activation after I delete the old ones in starter village. I have no clear vision yet as to how this area west of the school should look like in terms of housing. I may need to use flatten terrain tool here as well.

Clearing the land for the southern village.

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 18

Slowly but surely moving the people elsewhere.
https://i.ibb.co/s27WKnp/Castle-Rock-XIV-Year-18-014.jpg

Bannies were suffering from bad health so the wheat seeds I bought were put to good use.
https://i.ibb.co/VjF9z5C/Castle-Rock-XIV-Year-18-015.jpg

Southern village is slowly growing. I've pre-built the industry section fort he most part. Still need to put down coal and iron ore mines and then some forest food producers.
https://i.ibb.co/ZXk55KT/Castle-Rock-XIV-Year-18-016.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/2tKT3j6/Castle-Rock-XIV-Year-18-017.jpg
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 21

I plan to build a railway and greenhouse sector on the site fo the original village plus deco docks on the shore.

Southern village is taking priority at the moment.

Coal and iron ore mines. I've started making steel tools.

Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 29, 2018, 05:05:03 AM
looks great !!!! like it ?

It's quite nice actually. I love the terrain colour and the various industry chains. Also the various animals make it a good challenge to secure enough leather at the beginning. But I will probably switch to RE EC Light for the next map. There's just too many housing options here that I don't need and will not use.

Question: Do you have plans to include first floor houses with an underpass like there were in NMT 2.0.4.? The ones that you could build 2nd and 3rd floor above?

It would be great if multi floor homes were separated from this mod and offered each texture as standalone. I only ever build them in sandbrick texture and would save a lot of MBs this way.
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .