News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

City of Teter (Vanilla game + Apiary Building)

Started by Magz, May 21, 2019, 10:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magz

I recently discovered Banished as a game and I was amazed by it. This is one of my first cities I tried to do and fought through a lot to get here :) Any suggestions on how to improve my layout would be much appriciated.
Currently still using the "vanilla" game with the "Apiary" building added, but planning to get some mods and hopefully some new cities.

***Edit: ATM still trying to upgrade to all stone houses and stone roads before any more city expanding
***Edit2: Starting point is the Storage barn below the Town Hall at Teter2.jpeg

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

everyone has their own style of play. yours will develop and change the more you play the game. mods give us so many new options  to fit any style. thou adding 1 mod that includes everything sounds like the easy way,it is not. adding several small mods at a time can have less conflicts. if you add a huge mod and many small 1's ,it is harder to figure out problems. much easier to add a couple at a time til you get used to things more.

pointers.... well efficiency can help. barns closer to fields will help. instead of walking back and forth, the bannies will spend more time harvesting.if snow comes early this will matter more.  happiness doesn't work right in the game. so you can place mines or blacksmiths anywhere without worry. don't send laborers clearing land in mid winterfarmers will work as laborers after harvesting fields. if they are a long ways off helping the laborers, they won't get back to plant the crops. this can costs  a lot of food.

one of the 1st mods to consider is an age mod. there are several with many options. most are set to 1 year age to 1 game year.some don't like it since they feel it slows the game down too far. i think it gives more control,especially when starting out. buys you time to look around and plan more plus the food and supplies you can stock up before growing the population. some of these4 gae mods can graduate students earlier there are different death ages and child bearing agges as well. even the original 1:1 yr age mod has like 10 options. a variety to fit anyones ideas. i use an earlier version of the propertime mod that KID made. between that and the mini buildings mod or something similaryou can get a base village set up quickly.

don't forget to check out the village blog pages. scan thru a few of them. they always have good ideas and pics of different mods as well. if you get stuck on anythingjust ask. someone is usually close by to offer help.

Artfactial

Welcome and well done on a big early village like that!:)

@brads3 's pointers are right on, you'll have to figure out what suits your preferred play-style by yourself. Starting out with a giant mod collection is easy, but not the best way to get an idea of what you want out of the game.:)

Magz

@RedKetchup ..happy to, hope to post more as I play it more
@brads3 ..."thou adding 1 mod that includes everything sounds like the easy way,it is not. adding several small mods at a time can have less conflicts. if you add a huge mod and many small 1's ,it is harder to figure out problems. much easier to add a couple at a time til you get used to things more."
- this is actually very helpful, I just got and tried the "RK Editors Choice 1.3.1." and i found out it was very confusing.. actually I need a better word for it, maybe overwhelming is the right terminology, the Mod is great and RK made a really good job, but i think i need a lot more experience to get to use all those buildings and add-ons to the "vanilla" game. The new buildings are a piece of art though
I actually am planning to use the "Unlimited resources" mod and "Stone bridge" mod for my next attempt, mostly because i think that aesthetically it will make my town/village more pleasing and lot more functional especially with the "Unltd resources" mod because i wont have any unused and dead space left.
@Artfactial the pointers are on point, will try and use them in my next attempt

Tnx to all the support guys

brads3

the RK can be overwhelming to new players. it is 1 of the smaller BIg mods. you don't need to build all the chains or buildings to run it thou. you can use it as a base mod and still play and build as you were. this gets you the wild animals, a mix of crops and orchards,and  well balanced gathering and storage systems. many of thebase buildings are retextured but they are still in the same spot on the toolbar.

the production chains are actually well balanced and simpler to learn than the CC mods. i think as you play with some smaller mods you will find a lot of what you wish for is in the RK. bakery,mill,creamery for milk,butchers,etc.

be sure to check your version# and make sure you have the latest 1.07.there was a beta released before the final. the beta will crash with some newer mods.