News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Idling Locations

Started by slink, August 26, 2014, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Idling creates happiness of varying types.  According to the rsc files, the following types exist.  I may have missed some.

Entertainment:
Tavern

Goods:
Trading Post
Market

Health:
Hospital

Safety:
Well

Spirit:
Cemetery
Chapel

Edit:  I see there is a sixth type, but no one idles around these two buildings.

Detraction:
Mine
Quarry

mariesalias

The hospital idlers must be the thrill-seekers and risk-takers of Banished.

irrelevant

Different types of happiness; interesting. Wonder what effect the different types might have. Or do you suppose each type just represents one of the 5 stars? I wonder are there also five types of health?
Quote from: mariesalias on August 27, 2014, 11:40:50 AM
The hospital idlers must be the thrill-seekers and risk-takers of Banished.
The hospital idlers are the idiots of Banished  >:(    ;)

mariesalias

Hmm, I read it as 5 types of happiness that contribute to the overall happiness of the idlers. From game play, I don't think you have to have all of them. I did not have Taverns for the longest time, for example, and I still had 5-star health and happiness in my towns.

slink

I often have no wells, and never have taverns.  I usually have five stars.  Maybe these five types of happiness were related to a feature that was not in the released game?

RedKetchup

markets and TP, graveyards and churchs have a nice good happiness circles around them, which affect all houses around them.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

"Happiness circles," wait, what? :o

RedKetchup

those happiness circles :)

and also quarries and mines have the opposite, it suppresses the happiness around them :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

mariesalias

This changes the strategy when placing homes a bit.

slink

I see there is a sixth happiness type, called Detraction.  That is what mines and quarries possess, but no one idles around them.

irrelevant

Do we have access to the sizes of the various happiness and detraction circles? Would some kind person please list them here? :)

slink

I think these are the numbers.

Building Happiness Idle Range
Cemetery Spirit 0 30
Chapel Spirit 3 35
Hospital Health 5 30
Market Goods 0 45
Mine Detraction 0 30
Quarry Detraction 0 30
Tavern Entertainment 3 30
Trading Post Goods 5 20
Well Safety 2 20

irrelevant

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on September 29, 2014, 06:11:17 AM
I think these are the numbers.

Building Happiness Idle Range
Cemetery Spirit 0 30
Chapel Spirit 3 35
Hospital Health 5 30
Market Goods 0 45
Mine Detraction 0 30
Quarry Detraction 0 30
Tavern Entertainment 3 30
Trading Post Goods 5 20
Well Safety 2 20

I'm assuming that 0 is the highest desirability because of how many people I see idling in the 0 locations.

When I tried and failed to do a hospital mod I was also trying to move the hospital's health happiness to the herbalist. After seeing this I think that I might have left out a modded version of this table. I'm going to look at it again.

I'm also interested in the "Detraction" item. These locations actually seem to decrease happiness inside their circles. I wonder whether it might be a good thing to put some detraction on other more negative structures when doing mods.

Did @RedKetchup add some spirit happiness to his small chapel?