News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Onto Gunterfields!

Started by MarkAnthony, July 24, 2019, 06:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

I had to start a new map because Chillville "got to that point" as I mentioned in my Chillville thread as to the reasons I start new maps so quickly.

Anyhow, do you think the traders can get over that stretch of land next to the lake? I read in some other threads that sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. If they don't, do you think using the Terraform tool would let them? I would really like to do some dock work this time around.

Or should I change maps?

Thanks. 

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

irrelevant

Nope! ;) They can get through shoals, but there has to be some water visible

Put a canal section there, and they can though. Terraforming just raises the land, unless you have a special mod that will lower it. Then, maybe.

Like this image. Boats can go over that shoal, but not over the one land square in the middle.

brads3

CC's terraform tool does allow you to dig out @irrelevant.you can even choose how deep. i would save it,then dig it out to make sure there are no voids.

irrelevant

Even if you get it dredged out, sometimes boats going from the river onto a lake can be picky about where the TP is. If they have to make too sharp of a turn back in the direction they came from, they can have trouble pathfinding to the TP. If they can keep going generally in the same direction they were already heading, NP.

I've build lake TPs that no merchant boat ever stopped at, they just kept sailing on.

Check this out: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=201.0

moonbelf

Either terraform it down so that water covers that strip of land or put a canal piece there. I'd go with the terraform down but save it beforehand as BRAD says.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: irrelevant on July 24, 2019, 07:05:58 PM
Put a canal section there, and they can though.
Drats! Okay. I haven't taught myself how to do canals yet, just docks as of this morning. I suppose I could just throw down a canal piece all willy-nilly like and just do my best to ignore that visually.   :P

But first, before I suffer that... I will try the terraform tool brads3 think may work since well... I just so happened to have that installed for this game!   ;D

I just wanted some quick opinions before I got started or before I took matters into my own hands (that can be dangerous!) I kind of like this map because the rivers and lake are all out of the way to one side and near the bottom leaving a nice big land mass to go crazy with! Not like I can with my computer issue... but I can still dream.  ::)                
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

Artfactial

That is indeed a nice map!

Going with the terraform tools first, canals later seems like the way to go.
Canals are glorious, but terraforming tools are great to be able to use in many situations.:)

irrelevant

Quote from: brads3 on July 24, 2019, 07:17:39 PM
CC's terraform tool does allow you to dig out @irrelevant.you can even choose how deep. i would save it,then dig it out to make sure there are no voids.
Is this tool available as a standalone?

brads3

yes but the site is being rebuilt. so might take  a while for all the files to be available.

irrelevant

Quote from: brads3 on July 29, 2019, 01:59:38 PM
yes but the site is being rebuilt. so might take  a while for all the files to be available.
What site? I never go to CC, so I don't have the address.

irrelevant