News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

WWE Raw & Smackdown

Started by Brathaehnchen, March 17, 2015, 12:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brathaehnchen

Hello and good morning

I wanted to ask if there still are wrestling fans here.
Or am I the only adult idiot every Monday and Thursday Raw & Smackdown look at?  :-X ;D

As a teenager, I have seen more regularly.
At times as a British Bulldog, a Tatanka, Bret the Hitman Hart had a still active.
Then there was a looooooong break.
And a few weeks ago, I follow every week both shows.  ::)

RedKetchup

personally i never been a big fan of wrestling ;) boxe neither ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Brathaehnchen

Boxing is a "sport" only for Pussys  ;D :P
Real men are wrestle  :-X

Nilla

he he
I remember those names and the Hulk (my son's favourite). Not that I ever fancied wrestling. But I tried to be a "responsible" mother to my kids and my son loved wrestling a period of time, as he was 10 years old or something. I didn't want to forbid him looking, but i wanted some control, so I watched it with him.

He is also responsible that I play computergames. He wanted to play and to that time (early 1990ies) some "experts" said that playing computergames was very bad for children, made them sick (body and soul). So what to do if you want to be a responsible mother? My answer; let the son play and play with him. (By the way; he turned out to be a normal adult, fit for life, we have a normal parent - adult child relationship, so it couldn't have been all wrong ;) )

Brathaehnchen

Quote from: Nilla on March 17, 2015, 05:15:30 AM
some "experts" said that playing computergames was very bad for children, made them sick (body and soul).
Ah, that explains to me a lot.  ;D
But when I see that a 56 year old grandpa (Sting in yesterday's Raw show) paint his face white and beaten with a baseball bat in the ring other people I'm quite normal despite many PC games in youth.  ;D

A Nonny Moose

When I was much younger, before television was much, I used to spend some evenings in Maple Leaf Gardens (Toronto) watching people like Whipper Billy Watson bounce people off the floor of the ring.  I was always sorry I missed earlier performances by Lou Thez, who was probably the greatest of them all.

Tag team matches were always well-rehearsed and got the crowd going.  A relatively cheap evening's entertainment where one could enjoy the sport of people watching.

Gorgeous George was very popular, and well before gay had any sexual meanings.

The current WWE stuff is just crap by comparison.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Brathaehnchen

Oh man, the nights were long past.
First, the introduction into the Hall of Fame on Saturday. On Sunday, Wrestlemania and then RAW tonight.
The endorphins are now replenished  ;D