News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Crops stop working

Started by mefer, April 26, 2016, 01:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mefer

Hello.

I know there is another post with the same problem I'm about to describe, but the people there started discussing about nomads.

So m problem is: I started to notice that I'm running out of food. I went to check on my crops to see that they yield 0%, in Spring. I deleted the fields but couldn't re-place them, couldn't place an orchard, a pasture, a house, or any other building. I know that soil degradation is non-existent as the developer didn't bother to create it. Why is this happening to my crops, why is the land un-buildable (if crops are removed)?

Edit 1: I started a new map, after 10-12 years the fields died out again. I'm starting to believe that version 1.0.5 is to blame.

Nilla

Strange. Never seen this. Do you use mods? If you do, I would take some away and see if the problem comes back. Maybe some combination of mods that don't fit together. I don't think it's the version of the game. If it was, the problem would have been more common.

mefer

I do use mods, but how can I find out which mod is the one screwing up my fields? I have over 5 mods active.

Turis

Find the guilty one by eliminating one mod at a time and testing.

mefer

I had the BanishedPlusTurbo mod installed and in my mind that it is the one which is to blame. I removed it and other "all in one" mods and installed single standing ones. For now the fields work, but I will return after playing for more than 10-12 years.

Edit 2nd May: So far so good. 26 years and the crops are doing very good. Seems that that mod was the problem for me.

A Nonny Moose

I tend to use an absolute minimum of mods, and I test each one individually when I add it. 

The problem with mods is they often look attractive and have usually been tested by the creator, but as the number of mods increases, the problem of finding a bad one without testing the current suite together as you insert each new one can approach an NP complete state, which means it can only be solved by dividing the problem into smaller and smaller pieces until the culprit is found.

One thing is that mods from 1.0.4 may not play nice with mods for 1.0.5 which is a major overhaul.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

brads3

yea this problem doesnt happen at beginning of game.mine is 35+ yrs in. and my fields were producing food. odd part is it seems to have spread to other fields,but not all of them. i dont have plus turbo but do have banishedPLUS with nmt and cc. it is quite odd. specially when u remove field,its gone yet we cant build on it.

Gatherer

@ all who's crops stopped working: Do you happen to remember what size of field it was? I recently experienced the same thing with squash. 2 times within 3 years on the same field (without demolishing it). It was a 10X17 size field. After that I demolished it and replaced it with 10X12 size field. No problems since then (20+ yrs).
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

mine were 10x10. in the end i figured it had to b a mod conflict thou why it happens mid game is a mystery. i do think i took beautiful worlds out also. i will say this comp isnt the most powerful. it would glitch n reset the mod order. but good luck solving your prob. it sux if u had a game going for quite a while.