News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necopee, Red Desert Outpost

Started by g_BonE77, October 04, 2019, 12:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g_BonE77

Hi, it's me again. 'twas a little bit of a heartache to leave Henega behind but there on the horizon was Necopee ( yes, the game made that name up  ::) ). Some abandoned buildings and a river crossing with lots of water just asking to be fished on. The nice hill looked inviting for future mining endeavors as well so there it was: The settlement-to-be. A hastily built storage building held the little resources brought on and had to do for now. Onwards...

A few screens right at game start after a little preparation:

(1) the mod-list
(2) seed and map
(3) view of the treck #1
(4) view of the treck #2

Thanks to @Abandoned for her nice village stories which i took the time to read a few while having a slow day at work and thanks to @kid1293 for providing the map and setting for this game: Red Desert 2.0
~ Fenster fährt mich Nüsse ~

Abandoned

Good luck with new map @g_BonE77   I just wanted to point out one of my stories that used RKED full with red desert from CC Terrains mod.  It has vanilla trees.  Thought you might want to take a look.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2572.0

g_BonE77

Yes, @Abandoned i read this story as well and liked it very much. The problem i see with the CC Red Desert is the standard trees which really doesnt fit the setting of a desert. That's why i love @kid1293 's mod so much.

Onward with a few more screen shots after yesterday night's session:

(1) year 7, slightly rearranged the village and got up some housing. It's nice how @Discrepancy 's wooden tents fit into the setting with the wagons. The ruins turn out to be pretty valuable for starting the town. This time i try to not use any regular farms but instead @kid1293 's greenhouses supported by @RedKetchup fodder farmer and stables creating fertilizer.
(2) another view in year 8, a barn, church, school and some more storage has been added
(3) added an orchard and an "iseefire"
(4) starting a new "mission"

Abandoned

;D Exactly, vanilla trees don't look good, that is the reason Kid made the Red Desert for me with the dead trees and cacti.  :)

Your new town is looking good

g_BonE77

Thanks @Abandoned and sorry for the lack of updates. I got a little sidetracked by the games Depraved and Dawn of Man. I do have a few more screenshots waiting to be uploaded tho. In addition there is this problem that @MarkAnthony wrote about in his Chillvile thread:
QuoteAnd probably the biggest reason I wouldn't blog about any of my games is because I'd start off well enough writing about it and whatnot but then I'd get so caught up in the game and by then too much would have happened that I forget to stop and write about it.
...which exactly fits what happened to me playing Necopee. Think i progressed to year 40something already now. I'll try to be better  ;)

g_BonE77

A quick update on the progress of Necopee:

(1) the mission was Extended
(2) old city trading posts and a workshop added
(3) gave up on the fodder farmer and added small orchard treefellers in ist place
(4) patches added to the greenhouses
(5) its the year 40 already, had to add a few farms to sate the need for fruit, also added livestock and nut farms to get roasted nuts
(6) tree farm is doing great
(7) year 52, mission aerial with relocated pens
(8 ) more Mission
(9) farming and mining area
(10 ) fruit tree orchard out of control
(11) uuuuuuh, hemp ?    ::)
(12) year 64 mission aerial

it's getting harder and harder to control the stock. as there is no way to stock specific things somewhere (except for wood, firewood, stone, iron) it's becoming a logistical nightmare to produce the right amount of e.g. warm coats without hindering the production of the hunters/animal pens. Challenging. Also the streets have become very busy now that there are a lot of inhabitants living in Necopee. Im not really happy with the rear layout of the Mission and considering rebuilding the Mexican Fantasy and DS Buildings somewhere else maybe creating satellite town areas. But so far so good, there's food a a'plenty and im looking forward to year 100/500 inhabitants.

gatinho65

Fantastic and inspiring, I've only tried using some of these building styles a bit and its a real challenge, requires so much more careful planning and placement than I normally use building among forests. This will be a town I will come back to for tips.

g_BonE77

Thanks @gatinho65 ! Much appreciated. I still have to come back to Necopee or alternatively start anew limiting myself in producing too many different foods/goods. The category limits of the game really make it hard to manage. I would be so much easier if there were more fine grained storage controls in the game but alas it's an exercise in not making too many different goods.