Main Menu

Nilla - Coburgh - a big settlement (I hope) with NMT-mod and no education

Started by Nilla, July 21, 2015, 06:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I haven't been playing so much lately. The summer is finally here!! :) So are my children. :)

But I can show you some pictures from a few years playing.

First picture

Year 41

:o :-[ Didn't think this would be possible with uneducated people.

I have to stop autotrading (at least for a while). 

Second picture

Year 42

I have connected the upper lake with the small stream and canals, but there are no boats, so far. Don't they like that stream?. I've built trading ports on the other one and there is no problems. Maybe it take some more time. I will wait another year than, we'll see what might be wrong.

irrelevant

Gah! The downside of pies as trade good: the food limit. I had not considered this. Processed meat is the same. Ale, coats, tools, and firewood are the only sure bets for the late game.

Your lake is connected to a canal, your canal is connected to a stream; is that stream connected to the river? Hard to tell from the mini-map, but it looks like it's not.

@Nilla, nice that your family is with you, sounds like a good summer.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on August 07, 2015, 06:21:43 PM
Gah! The downside of pies as trade good: the food limit. I had not considered this. Processed meat is the same. Ale, coats, tools, and firewood are the only sure bets for the late game.

Do the goods in a TP count against the limit? When I'm trading firewood or ale it doesn't seem to, but may be I'm just not paying attention.

irrelevant

Quote from: rkelly17 on August 08, 2015, 11:52:55 AM
Quote from: irrelevant on August 07, 2015, 06:21:43 PM

Do the goods in a TP count against the limit? When I'm trading firewood or ale it doesn't seem to, but may be I'm just not paying attention.
No, they don't, but once you get 1MM food in storage, you won't be able to make more flour, pies, lamb chops, honey, etc.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on August 08, 2015, 01:10:04 PM
No, they don't, but once you get 1MM food in storage, you won't be able to make more flour, pies, lamb chops, honey, etc.

Oh, right. The little devils just stop producing everything that is labeled food and mess up your trading plans--even if the 100M is nothing but nuts and berries. Another good reason to be a booze baron.  ;D

Nilla

If you want to build a really huge settlement and live the last game years on your previous stored surplus, I agree; it's a problem to sell food. Otherwise I think 999k is enough safety for production/trade variations. If you really want to push it to the limits, you could always use the @RedKetchup Warehouses (or any other equivalent, the CC-mod has one).

But this is not such a game. In fact, it's not a game at all any more.

All I can say is:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

irrelevant

My guess is that most of your firewood is tied up in TPs, and the rest is concentrated in a few NMT specialized markets near the woodchoppers. The vendors of one or more outlying markets are unable to find enough firewood that they could take back, and your guys who depend on such market(s) for firewood are unable to find any firewood close to home. So they are trekking to the markets close to the firewood production centers, where all the available firewood is now stored.

I've been concerned by the possibility that this might happen, due to the large capacity of these markets. The supply of one thing or another could become so concentrated that the distribution system might start to break down.

The only solution I have been able to come up with is that all markets need nearby producers of all vital goods (food, firewood, coats, and tools) for local consumption.

Nilla

I'm sorry to say; this is not a lack of firewood or bad firewood distribution. If it was; I would have been glad to deal with it. It's that damn bug! Hate it!

They do not seek firewood in any distant market. They think the only place to get warm is that nice see side house. Come there from all over the map. :-\ >:( :o ??? :'(

And on their way to that far away place, many freeze or starve to death!  :'( :-\  ??? :o >:(

irrelevant

A bug! I have never experienced this, although I know you mentioned it before. Which of your previous towns did you have it in? Never mind, I found it.

RedKetchup

/cry and this bug doesnt happend only with NMT, it happends with CC too :(

you need to destroy that house.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 11, 2015, 02:43:33 PM
/cry and this bug doesnt happend only with NMT, it happends with CC too :(

you need to destroy that house.

I know!
The problem is only, before I find the "interesting house" and demolish it, there are 100s of people on their way to it, and they don't give up and go home. They continue their walk to this house until they reach it, die of starvation or cold.  :'( ???

I have decided I will make another try tonight and play one more year, hoping that it was only a "one time occasion". I'm not very hopeful, because I saw in that other game that when it once starts, it will come back, maybe not the next winter but soon enough. I will tell you the result.

Nilla

You might have noticed; I make a Banished-brake again after the bugs tormented me again. Bud as I said I really did play one more year but forgot to tell you the result.

As you might have understand; the same thing happened the following winter as well. This time a hunters house was "the cool thing"; the only house to get warm.

But one good thing when you don't build and plan so seriously; you can look for these small funny things that I so much love.

First picture

"Mother, I'm cold!"

"Go home and start the fire, I'll follow as soon as the box is full of fish"

"I started the fire yesterday, now it's my brother's turn"

"Than go and get him, he is at the building site, right across the river."

"It's too far"

"Than help me. We will soon be done"

"No, I'm cold, I'll cover myself with fish, than I will be warm"

"Stupid child, don't you know: "Cold as a fish"

Second picture

Would you trust this doctor if you or your child was ill?

I said in that other thread that the boats didn't find that small stream and didn't visit the ports along it. So i built a canal at the river and now: the boats found their way. Not only the port connected to the canal, the other ones upstream were visited as well. Very strange. At the other small river the boats have no problems.

irrelevant

The children in this game are inexpressibly stupid (except for those occasions when they actually make themselves useful by stocking up the house; if only they did that more often).  ;D Great image!

The portion of the stream you have by-passed there looks like it may be too shallow for boats. There is a difference among streams in the color of the water, I've interpreted this to indicate navigability or lack of it.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on August 26, 2015, 08:09:56 AM
The children in this game are inexpressibly stupid (except for those occasions when they actually make themselves useful by stocking up the house; if only they did that more often).  ;D Great image!

(Expletive deleted) little disease spreading good for nothings!  >:(