News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: capbell town #3

Started by brads3, June 07, 2017, 08:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

some of these was to keep bakery mods above the bakery plus.the 2 RK mods were moved to solve water issues.KID's mods have been shuffled partly due to an icon issue.not sure if it has any other affeccts but the theme icon changes with mod order.as i said it took 5+ adjustments. on the last test the water was 10 times better,ducks were over 1000,and even the pumpkin fields produced much better.hopefully,this does not cause new issues.

START SETTINGS 346736943,verdant plains,medium sized ,mild medium start,disasters off,no new mods added.
i named the town campbell in honour of my late grandparetns.

fort request/goal: build a large strong faming settlement.

START:debug used to adjust population and add 2 carts and some supplies.

I left BREVERSET with 30 settlers.we traveled north along the river searching for fertile ground.heading out of the valleys we came upon a nice grassy plain with a huge lake in the center.we set up a storage barn and took stock of our supplies that we had left in our 2 carts.before we began our journey,we had been given supplies and the carts to travel and give us a start.we had coats,potatoes,and tools. the fort had supplied us with iron as well and bean and pumpkin seeds.there were 2 children born along our journey.

brads3

YEAR 1-4

we send out a fisherman and get to work.we had 4 fields planted the 1st year.a lookout tower,our mini townhall,barracks boardinghouse,medeival blacksmith,woodcopper,fodder field,gatherer,5 houses,and 6 crops fields were cleared the 1st year.

in year 2,we got the corner store,school,hunter cabin,a forester,medeival tailor and more houses built. we have several males living alone.it will take time to grow our population with this bunch.our food was over 4000 after the crops were harvested in late autumn.we had 11 settlers workin to produce food.with 4 laborers supplying 2 builders,work slows down but continues.

by spring of our 3rd year,work was being done on a cemetarand more housing.with 14 houses now completed by early summer, our barracks is finally empty. the builders remain busy adding more storage and markets.a small windmill is added for more water. the laborers being clearing rocks and debris around the village for future roads.during this winter the workers can finally get some rest.as the year ends,our food is over 7400.the only thing lacking is fruit.

we add a 2nd boarding house and the workers can continue to clear some paths and roads.this will keep them busy all year. roads are needed throughout the village and to the edge of the fodder field and forest areas.

as spring of year 5 begins,i take stock of our situation.our population has grown by 14.food is over 11,000. we do need more fruit.
       land is cleared for a horse stable and pasture.

pic 1:fodder to the east
pic 2: forest area to south
pic 3: fishing cabin and village wet
pic 4: village overview.inventory year 4

Nilla

This is a way it might make sense to use the debug tool; to get a"proper" number of people to start with. You so to say choose your personal start conditions.

I hope your many mods doesn't give you any new trouble this time. Maybe it's clever to start with a few and then load more as the game goes in. Anyhow, I wish you luck.

brads3

hi,NILLA. i had to debug to get the 30 i left BEVERSET with.of course then i would have been short on food,i did adjust some supplies. i did start by adding just afew mods  a long time back,lol. it was working for how long? i try not to add any in the middle of a game so it doesn't add probelms.it did take rearranging several mods. i think it will play better.

brads3

NILLA,i screwed up again and you didn't tell me. the title is wrong i forgot an "M". it should read "CAMPBELL"

brads3

YEAR 5 and 6

just before summer.11 ready to go to work and 3 children.we fire up our well and finish the stables.2 fields are cleared and construction on housing begins.since they brought a doctor with them,a hospital will be added.to help our woodchopper 2 EB markets are built to supply him and the BS.a old town trading post is located at the mouth of the river.by the time snow falls, only 2 settlers remain in the barracks.to help our supply of coats,a pine hunter is build half way across the fodder field. a fur hut is constructed in town also.

we now have population 64 and 19 houses.14 food producers-9 farmers,3 hunters,1 fisherman,1 gatherer.

we move 2000 beans to the trading post as well as some stone tools.hopefully we can swap the beans for fruit.as the workers were busy setting supplies for the mayor office,we had a strange death. one of our laborers died of starvation.there is enough food everywhere so it was puzzzling.i never saw a warning either.we also never foiund a body to bury.later 1 of the builders did get stuck in the horse pasture and had to be rescued.

pic 1: horse stables. note boarding house on the left.
pic 2:east side of the main village.below the NMT BS is the pine hospital goes good with the EB farmhouses and KID's wildwest set. i like how the various mod sets compliment and work with each other.

pic 3:zoomed overview looking east through the village.if only we had a camera mod to take pics from the bannies heads.

pic 4: the old town trading post,westside of village and inventory.

for new players now and then i try to show the different tools in the toolbar.

brads3

YEAR 7 and 8

as year 7 started,the workers were sent to collect rocks from the forest.in summer 17 more settlers arrived.they have only 1 child and several young aged workers.we add a worker to the fodder. a greenhouse,lookout tower,a mini fishing dock,and a crop field are planned with several houses.the greenhouse will produce strawberries and help our fruit supply.to help our firewood,a  tiny chopper is located close to the industrial market.with our log count low,we will slow construction down for the winter.we do build a stone bridge ato the wet to access more trees.

needing a trade good,we worked to get the florist and perfume shop started.the workers also cleared stones and trees to allow more fodder to grow.we also added a trapper to the forest.a postoffice house was built so letters and news of other settlements could be sent back to the fort and overseas.though we now had 26 houses,3 young workers remained in the barracks,a 12 year old male and 2 females aged 11 and 14.

a well was added by the greenhouse. we will need more water with the perfume shop.the windmill is producing 276.

an NMT coal silo and mine can be built,since we have extra workers.once we mine enough coal, we can process the iron ore.for now we drop back to 2 builders and 8 laborers.they continue to clear more land.

pic 1: 2nd lookout tower.
pic 2: florist in the fodder field.
pic 3: mayors office and postoffice.
pic 4: NMT coal silo and iron mine hidden by the trees

embx61

Nice going brads3. I upped the water from 6/8 to 8/10 and made the work time/qwork required some less (20%) in the production set 2 mod.
Not sure if you play with the mod but if you do let me now if it gives better water with the updated version.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Nilla

I´ve asked you before; have you tried Red´s wells? My experience is, that they give the most water of all.

brads3

EB did the work time for the well transfer to the tannery somehow? i wondered if the "worker" profession was slowed due to another mod somewhere.
i do think that affected the last map. since i swapped several mods,my water has improved. the funny 1 was NECORA'S maritime storage has no ducks but did affect the duckhunter. quite strange.
NILLA,do you mean the wells with the fodder set or the tower? i used both before. this map has the fodder set well by the greenhouse. it is producing about 400. the small windmill is 320.and both are keeping the stables,Gh,and perfume shop supplied. i tried the windmill to see how much it was improved.

embx61

Worktime is set in the building what collect the water so the water well in this case. The Tannery only uses the water for making cured leather so have no impact on water output and water work time.

The output is set in the NMWater raw material file.

If some plays with the separate mods (Water Well and Tannery it is possible the tannery can overwrite the output of the water if it is above the well because each have a NMwater rawmaterial file.

But in the production set 1 there is only 1 NMWater rawmaterial file. That is one of the benefits of making sets :)

I have to update the production set 2 as well as Apothecary is using the NM Water rawmaterial file as well.
I forgot about the apothecary in prod set 2.

If production set 1 is above prod set 2 in de mod list it should work fine till I update prod set 2.
The Unified Mod is allready updated with the new water numbers.

brads3

so you are saying the game has gremlins that jump out and attack us at will whenever they decide to. that explains it quite well. i did expect some glitches with so many updated mods. sometimes i hold off and let bugs get fixed before i load,. but these issues seemed to be all mod order related not 1 mod with a issue. i keep playing this map until i find more of those gremlins.

brads3

YEAR 9 and 10:

though merchants come and go,none have anything we need.we did manage to finally do a swap for some sugarbeets.
     with both wells pumping,we have no shortage.the greenhouse produced over 1000 strawberries last year.we have 21 water in storage with 3 buildings working.
  by fall,the workers decide to start on a forestoutpot between the main forest and the fodder field.this will give more fruit and furs with a tower hunter.all supplies were delivered before late winter so the extra workers could get back to their fields.we also traded perfumes for corn seeds.

now that our coal is over 300,we will build the small refinery and smelter to process some iron.the small buildings will sit behind the industrial market.we also add a small colonial house for the workers.
      a building supply merchant stops. since we don.t have a sawmill,we trade for the lumber.it was 2 for 1 perfume, so we gladly took the deal while we had the chance.the lumber he said was from BEVERSET. he was glad for the oil issence for the indian ceremonies. he would trade it to a village north of us.
     the town has grown in 10 years. we have 108 citizens in 29 houses. 45% educated.food is over 15,000
we have beans and pumpkins,strawberries,corn,and plenty of meat. perfumes,pelt and hide coats are our main trade goods.
      our oldest member turns 60 next year. several more are in their 50's. we should add another herbalist soon.

pic 1: forest outpost
pic 2: iron processing small refinery and smelter.
pic 3: overview
pic 4: 10 year stats
pic 5: 10 year food graph
pic 6: 10 year full inventory chart.

embx61

Quote from: Nilla on June 09, 2017, 06:08:50 AM
I´ve asked you before; have you tried Red´s wells? My experience is, that they give the most water of all.

Yeah, Red has water output at 12/16 I believe and work time 4.0/16
I went from 6/8 to 8/10 and from 5.0/20 to 4.0/16 so the well and/or irrigation reservoir(s) should give more water.

I had the same numbers as Red when I first released the Well but then the water output was too high according to some.
But if more buildings are added what using water it makes maybe sense to go in the direction of Red's numbers.
Bannies drink water too although they don't get any nutrition value.

brads3

yeah RED's fodder changed the need for the water alot.EB i do hope you tried to enjy yourself and find some comforts in the last few days.