News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Best Mods

Started by RobDyllan, October 03, 2018, 05:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobDyllan

Just thought that I'd get some thoughts. I am a newb to the game (just figuring out how to get Mods lol). I have been playing with Mods for a couple days, and I'm noticing in Youtube videos that there buildings, options, etc.  are much better. I've gotten the Colonial Charter Mod, and many other ones that are compatible as well as ones that aren't. What are the best Mods to use? I've also been having trouble completing the Officer Townhouse. It says that I need furnishing. I've built the Joiner, as well as the Hardwood Forrester. But I still can't complete them. Am I doing it right?

embx61

Hi and welcome :)

Best mods is not to answer as it depends on each player what they like or not.
Some players even change mods for a new map they play.
Some like big mods, others rather have small mods, some like mods which make things easier, others what makes things harder, etc., etc.
I am not familiar with CC that much but I am sure brads3, and others, will jump in to help you on the CC part.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

dont worry too much if they turn red ... thats normal !!  ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: RobDyllan on October 03, 2018, 05:29:59 AM
Just thought that I'd get some thoughts. I am a newb to the game (just figuring out how to get Mods lol). I have been playing with Mods for a couple days, and I'm noticing in Youtube videos that there buildings, options, etc.  are much better. I've gotten the Colonial Charter Mod, and many other ones that are compatible as well as ones that aren't. What are the best Mods to use? I've also been having trouble completing the Officer Townhouse. It says that I need furnishing. I've built the Joiner, as well as the Hardwood Forrester. But I still can't complete them. Am I doing it right?

The thing with CC is that many buildings have required materials which are unique to CC and which have fairly complex production chains. That is, you need to build x in order to produce y which is required to produce z which is required to produce a. The Black Liquid website has charts which detail all of this. OR: You can trade for many of these items. Most can be acquired with a building supplies trading post. You just need to produce something which has a decent trade value (I favor booze, but anything with value of 8 or more works pretty well) and you can trade for things like "building supplies" or "home wares" etc., etc. which are required for various buildings. Check out the various specialized trading posts to find the one that you need. I usually start with an agricultural TP to get the seeds and animals I need, then move on to building supplies to get stone, iron, etc., then move on to the others. Trading is the secret weapon of Banished.

If you like CC. you might try the MegMod from Black Liquid which includes CC and a large number of compatible mods by various modders. Warning: It takes a looooong time to load.

As to the best mods, well, that's up to you. Every Banished player I know has a list of favorites and each one is different. As @embx61 says, many even use a different set of mods for each town. Check out the blogs section here for various ideas and to see what the results are.

brads3

if i remmber right,the furnishings is made by another building.i think it is furniture and silverware or something like that.might even be fancy furniture.<hardwood>

to ask this question you must be brave.you do know you can start a stampede or arguement with that?  the best colonial mod is still in production.well between there and someone's ideas.  i'lll behave now even thou i don't want to.LOL

Oenanthe

CC is probably the mod i wouldn't be with out, with RK's New Medieval Town being a close second.

If I remember rightly an Officers Town House requires Homewares, Homewares are put together by a Homewares Supplier and consist of furniture and copperware (or similar options).  A joiner makes funiture from normal logs and fancy furniture from hardwood logs, so your problem might be that you are making fancy furniture when you need normal furniture, or your Homewares supplier is set to make Fancy Homewares (Fancy Furniture and Silverware) not normal Homewares.

I buy all my Homewares in so I can't check the exact details, but I hope that helps.

elemental

Yep, in CC you make things like furniture and silverware and rugs and then a homewares supplier uses those items to make homewares.

rkelly17

Quote from: Oenanthe on October 03, 2018, 11:02:52 AM
I buy all my Homewares in so I can't check the exact details, but I hope that helps.

Me too! Tequila can buy a lot of homewares, building supplies, fancy homewares, hull parts, etc. etc. But, then, tequila itself requires agave seeds, farmers, agave mashers, tequila distilleries, and tequila bars. For every X there is a required Y.

purringcat

RobDyllan

Thank you for everyones help. It helped greatly

theonlywanderer

I currently use Mega Mod 8.1, it appears to be the latest version.

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/211-megamod-801/

It's a massive mix mash of mods by many different artists that you see in these forums.   Has Colonial Charter built in as well as mods by  DS, RK, KID... EB....     It's an amazing mod.

It's extremely overwhelming sometimes with all the options.   I'm constantly trying to remember where things are even after my many hours of using of it.

RedKetchup

haha i hope you have fun with it :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

theonlywanderer

I certainly am.   Huge fan of your stuff RK.

I am currently... slowly but truly... working through every item making a screen cap with the toolbar path visible and build requirements.  I need a way to quickly scan through the options and find the building I want for certain areas and certain tasks.  The toolbar system is great, but it's still cumbersome.   I'll organize these screenshots in to all kinds of groups like every bldg that produces clothes in a folder.... tools in another folder... etc.     I mix and match all the time to get the look I'm after.    I'll do another grouping of complete themed sets, so and so on.   I can quickly view an entire group of photos with irfanview to see all my options a lot easier and a lot bigger.   See attachment as an example.    I will eventually make these files available for anyone who wants them.

brads3

i started to do something similar a long time ago was going to make a chart of all the buildings by the build requirements and in each catagory houses,storage,city serives,mines,etc. i gave up after a few days off and on working on it. as we add more mods or updates happen,the list would constantly change. that before we had the community icon and 1.07 upgrade. it does become a long list and huge project.