News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Lumbers

Started by RedKetchup, December 30, 2017, 02:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Gatherer on December 31, 2017, 05:45:59 AM
So, as far as I'm concerned: logs for crude starter structures and lumber for advanced structures. But keep the logs and lumber separate materials.

I agree with this.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

adelegarland

Just my two cents, I have a lumber maker in Necora's Pine set, and the Lumber mill (I think Red's).  Some houses and others need lumber so I just get one of the above mentioned going.  I like the set up as is, Just add Lumber as a building necessity and leave the logs alone.   I feel that with all the mods out there, its becoming too complicated to integrate them as it is.  If you make fundamental changes, then a lot of older mods won't work or become redundant.   SO: Just add the lumber as a required material in the building and leave the logs alone. :)
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Nilla

Lumber, logs, wood.... hm ???

What's the difference? I mean in life. I have lived in several old houses (more than 200 years) . They where made of wood, sure. But logs? No, it was no log cabins. But much of it wasn't lumber in the meaning, made by a saw mill either. It was lumber made by hand with axes, very beautiful to look at.

Same as we may say a Banished vanilla wood house is made by lumber, cut by hand from raw logs. We just can't see the steps of work. I like it to stay that way. Primitive buildings need no extra lumber cutting step. It's different, however when we come to the larger "more advanced" buildings. In these cases, I find introduction of in a sawmill produced lumber very good. The new possibilities of more than 3 building materials, makes it even possible to use logs (whole cut beams) together with sawed lumber and several other materials.

I agree with the thoughts from others in this thread, that if you build a house from "logs" it's reasonable, that it takes longer than a similar house from "lumber".

So my opinion: no to generally replace "logs" with "lumber". Yes, to use from logs produced "lumber" in more buildings.

RedKetchup

ok . )

i've let you discuss all day yesterday, even today morning.. trying to not intervene too much.

looks like poeple seem to agree to not replace logs with lumber and keep them seperate.
and use lumber for advanced buildings which can include the vanilla advanced buildings and a lumber version of the other with benefits.
not counting the woodcutters problems (which i could easily solve since i am editing already the vanilla cutter, but making a mess in other modder's woodcutter)

thanks you all for your thoughts
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i still like the idea of using work time requirements to push us to go to lumber and higher grade housing.to some it might slow the game down too far but i think it is a good trade off.

Maldrick

@brads3 Thought about something like that.  IRL it can take a month or several to build a house depending on the house...larger buildings years.  But, then the Empire State Building was completed in less than a year because of exceptional planning and logistics.  Would be interesting to see how a set balanced around that kind of thing would play.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze