News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 4:Clermott

Started by brads3, May 04, 2020, 08:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

yes,92 in 1 group and before the last group was moved out of the boarding houses. more than enough to start another map even.

this map uses the mini townhall to bring nomads. it randomly brings the nomads every few years,usually every 3 or 4 years. it starts out bringing a couple and then a family but over time the groups get larger. up til now, the mini townhall didn't bring a group until after everyone moved out of the boardinghouses.

brads3

YEAR 57

the DS workers dug a huge industry mine and built the DS trade post.the trade post is stocked with all kinds of items that they have been stockpiling.  bricks,glass,sand,coke fuel,and excess lime.there is twine and pine boughs from the pine forest and silver pfenning from the fort.

an outbreak of measles slowed progress. 6 bannies perished from the fever. then it snowed early. on top of that,the coal pit had to be dug deeper.

pic 1: DS trade post
pic 2: nomad valley
pic 3:DS industry mine
pic 4:rail system for the coke furnace

brads3

YEAR 58

the nomad village started planting a double CC appple forest to the far southwest.hopefully the CC forests will function. the RK orchard forests don't collect the apples with this mod order.    they built a school and hospital. 2 farmyards were worked the back yards.they built a church during the winter and more houses.

a merchant found his way to the DS trade post. he had only procesed goods.the DS trade post does get more merchants ,several stopped dur ing the year. all had processed goods and materials we do not need.

a DS silver mine was dug.the cemetary and several houses were complted. the bannies seem to be slower lately.this is usually due to the churches being crowded. an RK stone church is constructed for the south DS workers. this does pick up the pace of the bannies. it doesn't show to the happiness,but lack of space in churches does affect them.

pic 1: double CC apple forest
pic 2:nomad valley church,clinic,and school
pic 3:DS TP merchant
pic 4:DS silver mine
pic 5:DS cemetary
pic 6: RK stone church

brads3

YEAR 59

we made gains on the train yard. a 2nd KID market station will move supplies  south of the tracks.a 3rd RK station will move wool.since the DS trade post brings boats of materials we don't need, the other half of the trade post was constructed.

the north meadow has a market and a market was built for the nomad valley.the docks added 2 rice farms.the nomad valley has made a push for housing for all the nomads.the boarding houses do remain full, but noone has to sleep in the barns.

in the push to increase food and build houses,we have a tool shortage. the train isn't bringing enough to keep the DS miners supplied.a 2nd KID RK ploppable mine was dug to bring in more iron ore.

pic 1:meadow market
pic 2:nomad valley market
pic 3: south DS station market,trade post,and storage
pic 4:north dock fields
pic 5: 2nd KID plop mine

brads3

YEAR 60 REVIEW

population has quickly grew to 877,502 workers,126 students, and 249 children in 186 houses. 149 bannies arrived in 2 groups.these 2 groups coming so close together after we started to catch up the housing pushed our growth. we are running out of room.

several areas were finished;the fort,colonial west,docks,and farm areas.the last group of nomads built a new village in the west valley.the DS supervisors are concerned that we have outgrown resources and will continue having shortages. they sent word back to the Landing Fort not to send any more help.the wagon shop and seedling greenhouse will work to supply Pioneers to travel thru and settle more lands.

the DS production town has grown into a shipping transfer point.goods arrive by boat and the railroad then reloaded to send to other destinations. they've constructed several more stations and wharehouses,finished 2 trade ports,and dug 2 more mines. the city has a glass factory and pottery shop.

goals for the next decade- recover from the shortages and get the map back to being stable.the DS town has a few more mines and factories to complete this map.hopefully,we can empty the boardinghouses by then.

pic 1: stats
pic 2:production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: food graph
pic 5:population graph

brads3

YEAR 60

The nomad valley needs a blacksmith and wood cutter.then we expand the north docks to produce more food.another leatherworks will help produce more saddles from the excess cured leather.the South DS town added an industrial quarry.the quarry workers built Sherbrooke houses. enough houses were completed to empty the fort barracks.

we overcame the tool shortage with tools brought by the train.food production is more than we used. the DS trade posts have not seen any merchants that carried food. the DS merchants only carry processed goods ,materials,and minerals.the train brings several boxcars full of food each year.we will need to adjust the trading.

pic 1:nomad valley blacksmith
pic 2:2nd leatherworks
pic 3:DS quarry
pic 4:2nd RK seafood collector

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

GOOD to hear from Mr. RED. how is life in Canada now? good tyo hear from fellow Banished modders and players frrom around the globe with the virus running around.

yes i use the RKEC and build my mod order around it. don't want to give up the wild animals and everything else that you have in it. the docks is quite handy to add quick food resources. i figured you might like the colorful houses on this map.

RedKetchup

going good. still playing wow classic everyday
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

YEAR 61

the north dock added 3 houses. this emptied the colonial lodge.there are still bannies in the train station.

a DS smelter for silver was built and the silver mine activated.the mine claims it is missing something to work. a Neubert blacksmith keeps the south DS miners supplied with tools.an iron ore mine works near it. i think the DS trade post sells items for silver and then the silver is traded for food.the DS workers constructed the huge blast furnace to smelt iron and copper.a DS placer mine works on the main river.

pic 1:north dock housing
pic 2:DS trade post stocks,now and then wer did get a boat that carried food.
pic 3:DS silver smelter
pic 4:blast furnace
pic 5: DS placer mine

brads3

YEAR 62

a group of 85 nomads travels thru town. we do not have space for them. they go on to settle more land elsewhere.this is the 1st group that was denied.

the north docks extended again. they added a church and school.an RK school is built for the south DS workers.enough houses were completed to empty the boardinghouses. the bannies still need 90 houses for all the couples.i think many of those are younger couples that came with the nomad groups. we do show over 100 laborers for the 25 builders. 

1 gold ore tag shows in the townhall menu.the my precious mod overrides the DS gold and silver ore flags. they are set the old way to textiles.hence the silver smelter and assayers office wouldn't work even if the silver mine did function. 1 of those give and takes to using different mods.the RK foundry does take the gold ore and smelts it into gold bars that will flag under the precious limit flag. just depends on how the mod was coded.

there are other items that do cross flag.RED's carts store a mixture of some goods.flowers store in the assayers storage as precious.KID's log depot will store coal. at times this works good and other times it is a nusance. SLINK's market set storing goods with the changed limits even thou it is a 1.06 mod.KID's log depot will move enough coal to cause slow downs to wood cutters,since they would be short logs. again,it is a give and take to adding mods together. with some experience, you learn to use it to your advantage and avoid issues when you can.

i recommend placing a variety of storage scattered around the map.  avoid filling the start pile as well. this helps avoid shutdowns and slowdowns that would occur if the bannies can  not find storage for any item. each of the modders have worked to add storage options that help improve the storage.KID has foresters that store thatch,RED has a forest storage barn and a set of carts,EB has a set of markets and the material wharehouse,and Necora has the pine sheds.

pic 1:north dock church and school
pic 2:RK school
pic 3: RK foundry,

brads3

YEAR 63 and 64

the CC orchard forest is working and collecting apples.there is  space between there and the nomad valley and then in the south DS town.
i won't build all 90 houses but will build several as i wind this map down. not all the factories and mines were completed from the DS industry mod set.

a my precious mine works near the south mines. it will work in place of  the DS silver mine. a supervisor lookout tower works there as well. the gap between the tracks and lake is used for storage and offloading of the train.  the nomad valley cleared land for more houses,fields, and farmyards. they added some workplace shops to make jam,nut bread,and to cut steaks.

the DS town added the White Swan tavern and several parks and wells.a loading ramp and platform helps load heavy minerals onto the train.  we have over 200 houses for the bannies.the map is covererd except for the far northwest corner that was designated for forests.

pic 1: CC apple growth
pic 2:workshops
pic 3:KID water tower
pic 4:2nd DS Stythe tower
pic 5:White Swan tavern
pic 6:load ramp

brads3

CLERMOTT END

we took many nomad groups,all except the last 1.that made the population grow quicker than houses could be built.there are a lot of mines and factories. the bannies have an assortment of housing options.they have a variety of food.

the train functions well to back up the issues with the trade posts.the way the game orders the stocking of goods for the trade posts does slow them down and is cumbersome. adjustments have to be made constantly to insure the TP's are stocked for merchant boats.sending more workers did not help speed up the stocking. i should try to improve the trading of these maps.

the only issue was the silver and gold orers not working for the DS mod and the DS silver mine not working. since the RK foundry does take the ores,i am not totally sure it is due to the limit flag changes. the my precious mod works so well with the CC fort that i am not going to remove it.this isn't a major issue.

Clermott functions well.it grew into a city.bannies can go thru here to settle other lands. they will leave with wagons,seeds,and supplies.

pic 1:stats
pic 2: inventory
pic 3: production
pic 4: graphs
pic 5:trade post stocks
pic 6: train inputs

brads3

Nilla

Hi again, it's bin a while. Nice town there. Is it the biggest town you've made?

Anyway, I'm fine. Making one of my usual Banished vacations. But I'm sure I'll be back, if not earlier at least in autumn.