News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Adam is a widower!

Started by Limy, March 05, 2019, 05:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limy

I started an Adam/eve Grandmaster game - just Adam and Eve  - no kids or friends.
The very first day eve died when a wild hog got her.
Well Adam carried on alone with no wife, kids or a friend even - he built a Tiny city hall and well expecting nomads to come by and help him out - at least a wife.
Well here it is over 30 years later - Adam has turned fifty. 
He is healthy 4.5 hearts  but only half a star happiness.
Will the nomads ever come?

My question... what 'triggers' nomads to arrive?

Abandoned

@Limy, in vanilla game and with some mods you need a town hall and market but nomad arrive is still based on percentage of population.  You could try Kid's Nomad Sign Complete mod set to 100% - no buildings required. 

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1930.msg39182#msg39182

There is also a mod Zero Population Nomad (not sure of exact name) that I believe is on the Black Liquid site (CC)

:)

Limy

Thanx for the answer.
I downloaded the nomad sign and added it to the top of the list of mods I'm playing.
I restarted my game but the mod did not give me an option/icon - as if it is not there.
Adam is now 54 and the year is 36.
He needs a wife quickly.........

Jinxiewinxie

You may need to enable it not from the main menu but from the escape and then mods menu when you have the save loaded. Otherwise, the save just keeps playing with whatever mods you had when you started it and ignores whatever you've enabled in the main menu.

Limy

Oh I'll try that I started a new game but still have these not important questions.

I looked at the other posts that said even when the mods show "red" in many cases it will still be okay.
So I loaded a whole lot of Kids and Tinys and (including Zero pop) and started a new game.
Placed a nomad lamppost -  everyone died of the cold. Still nomads did not come.

Question:Is it possible to make a mod that lets you choose a nomad whenever you need just one?
Also is it possible to people leave/run away/ elope/emigrate or be banished as well as dying as a population control?

galensgranny

In one of my games, the teacher was gone from the game, due to "went crazy and was banished." 

Abandoned

Nomads will enter on the edge of the map.  Often it is on the other side of bridges and streams and the can not get to the signpost, they will freeze or starve.  You need to build bridges so they can reach the signpost - if they are not at the signpost when you receive the nomad notice, they are probably stuck.  If you can not find them or build bridges, do not accept them.  No not accept if you are already short of food or houses.

Nomad Sign Complete and Kid Nomad Well are the best ways to control the number of nomads that will arrive.

There is no way to get rid of unwanted bannies, they will not leave on their own either. 

Added note:  Nomads will not arrive as soon as you place the sign or well.  If you place it in spring the nomads should arrive the following spring.

catty-cb

I use the Debug Menu when I run out of bannies

https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/664-Debug-menu

If you click the button with person on it, you will get ... can't remember if its 6 or 8 bannies pop up in your village, I prefer it as you get just enough to restart the village population without waiting and hoping a nomad(s) is going to arrive before the last of your villagers dies.

Limy

Thank you for that link.
I downloaded it and will play with next game.

Limy

Had a great playtime yesterday - haven't called up nomads yet as I love to play with just adam and eve.
Too bad I can't establish a completely separate colony and trade with it.
At the moment I'm really enjoying some of the mods - especially the tailor, blacksmith, tiny fishing and hunting mods.
I haven't had this much fun since Stronghold 2 - kingmaker mods - which I still play.
However I have to build a tannery to get leather and I still have not figured how to make/gather thatch.
There must be a mod I've missed.
I went 55 years one game without anyone dying - in fact I found that if you keep either adam or eve as a herbalist - you can keep 5 hearts always.
Thank you all you modders that do so much to make this game as enjoyable as it has become.