News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Specialized 1x1 or 2x1 Individual Markets

Started by Anjell, January 31, 2018, 01:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anjell

I have a huge city that I have a problem with production and storage , specifically tools and firewood. Clothing is somewhat better.
I was wondering if I can get some small 1x1 or 2x1 markets for individual iron, coal. logs. I have very little forest left on my map at this point and I guess the foresters are too far away. So...  i need markets for logs only.

I think its DS Village that has some nice 1x1 carts for materials that hold 300 or so logs but they are barns not markets. So they only worked while I had forests around them. In a huge city like mine usually are; i need markets right next to my production buildings to keep up with the demand of 11000+ citizens.

I am currently using the CC individual markets for logs and iron but they are huge wagons that take up 3x1 space. They are bigger in size than the DS Village woodcutters. They look ridiculous next to them.. lol

I would also love to have a bonemeal only market for use with the CC greenhouses. It's the only thing I can use bonemeal on I think. Or for trade. At this point my bannies need all the food they can get.  ;)

So I was wondering if someone can help me out with this...

I am on my Linux laptop so I can't post pics but i will later when i get on my Windows. Thanks

I'm so used to Linux Printscreen that I forgot that in Windows there is only one screenshot at a time.. lol I lost like 20 screenshots  :o
So i just added some pics on my phone for now. I'll try again shortly.

Nilla

The wagon vendors from @Discrepancy are markets, not bars. They use vendors to collect materials. If I remember it right not for wood only but for building materials in general and blacksmith materials, but check them out, I might be wrong about the content.

As I built large settlements (haven't done that for a long time), I remember, I liked to use the hardware and general stores from NMT for the purpose, you say. OK they are not small, but you can build another 2 stores of houses on top of them.

You must have a good computer, to build that huge towns. You spoke of 11 000 inhabitants in that other thread. Impressive! I suffered real bad lags, when my towns reached a couple of 1000 inhabitants. With 5000-6000 nothing works anymore. It would be nice to see some pictures.

brads3

i know of no markets that move logs specifically that are that small.EB's markets are 2x2.for forest areas i use the pine material shed or market.they are small and fit well there. plus they store a mix of materials,iron ore,stone,and the thatch included.CC has cellars that are small but only storage not markets.depending on how spaced your production area is ,you can try EB's wharehouse or the old industrial market square.it will move multiple items for production but it has not been upgraded to 1.07.you will need a food market and 1 to move new flag items.
     with the compatability 1.07 mod,bonemeal should still store as textile,so old markets can be used to move it.there is none to move just the bonemeal.
   i agree there are times i wish i had different storage or market options.i started watching markets and taking notes more before the holidays.i haven't got back to them yet.i do need to go back over my notes and post some suggestions for modders.

Anjell

Okay so these are the 2 pics where you can see why I want smaller markets.

I don't really have much space around the blacksmiths so I was thinking i can place a 1x1 iron tiny market and a 1x1 log market in between the buildings on both sides.

If you look at the CC Wagons, they are bigger than the woodcutter...  :D

Anjell

I took some more pics of my town so I'll just post them here.

Part 1

Maldrick

Have a look at EB's Market set and Kid's Market Puzzle and you may find something that helps.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Anjell

Thanks, I have both of those mods on this game but they are still too big for that space.

With the new NMT coming out later, I'm already re-designing my production areas so I leave more space next time. The good thing about Tiny buildings is that you can add stuff where you need them later after you layout your city and run into storage or production problems.

I've had to demolish and rebuild so many times...  ;)

The Tiny mods have helped me bunch.  :)