News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice 1.31 Full - Town Hall crashes game

Started by MarkAnthony, June 19, 2019, 10:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

LOL @brads3  You also recommend and use debug for extra start people and seeds etc. and  Kid Normad Sign Complete and Mini Town Hall.  Easy start then.

Obviously they don't follow advice  :D constant problems and conflicts

brads3

no the DEBUG is a tool to test mod orders. it can be used to make the game easier or create a different scenario. i don't think it should be overused thou. i did use it on the map i am working that was to test the orchards and seeds.lot easier when they were listed alphabetically.still traded for the animals in the pastures.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: brads3 on June 21, 2019, 10:39:16 AM
no the DEBUG is a tool to test mod orders.
Hi @brads3
Using the Debug to test mod list order? How so? Can you give me an example please? I mean, how would the debug tool do that, help you test the order that mods should be in? Thank you.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

brads3

use the debug to add the building that has conflicts. saves time of waiting for materials to build it.same thing if the issue is a crop. orchard,or livestock. there are buttons to add items,this can help if testing markets or storage. another button adds all availa ble items to the inventory or both the TH and TP. you can scroll down thru the lists to find double tags of items.the top of the list will show any blank tags by leaving spaces.   this info can tell you if a mod is conflicting and if it didn't load. you could have odd items doubled or missing.can also tell uyou you have something added that you didn't expect.

by doing the seed tests to find what foods grow better with the nordic climate on mild, i realied i don't have onion seeds. can only grow them with a RK greenhouse.if i had waited for the merchants,it might be 5 maps or so before i caught that.

when the 1.07 1st came out, i had issues with salt. using the debug to quick build  mines and several bakeries,i narrowed it down to the bakery plus mod. the quick build tests are handy to find issues or fix them with mod orders.makes it a lot faster. what would take hours to build and test can be done in minutes. i ran the  same kind of  tests with the RK,PINE,and NAT DIV mods to check what was being gathered with the different options.how long would it take to build 5 foresters and different gathering huts? then build a different gathering hut in a forest that wasn't working correctly?

i bow once again to the master modder who gave us the MOD MANAGER. that has saved hours and hours. before we had to load and exit and reload and click 25 times just to move 1 mod.now it can be done in seconds. 

brads3

another tool that many forget  or are unaware of is the minimize button to the mods when in the mod order menu.tat opens a list of the mod conflicts for that mod. below that it shows what code lines are conflicted. nowadays it is much harder to read since most mods will show a conflict due to the community icon button. however if you can get past that,it can help with mod orders.

some mods are touchy about their place with other mods.some of the older start mods won't work with the RK EC as well as they dd before.te internal code information can help narrow down what will and won't. for instance,the old seasonFX mod has very little affect any more. however there is 1 line to the code that i do use it changes the texture to the plowed fields. if this mod s too high,other mods won't work. if it is too low it won't work it has to be set perfect.depending on other mods of course.

MarkAnthony

Uhmm, yeah... lol  Don't think I will be trying my hand at any of that anytime soon! lol One day maybe.

The only modding experience I ever had was for Dark Age of Camelot and World of Warcraft making custom user interfaces and addon-packs. I had a couple of websites for Dark Age of Camelot for large guilds that I ran. I got a lot of complements for it and a few people requested me to build them their own websites to use for their own guilds. So I did.

Then well... I fell in love with Excel and making spreadsheets and the rest was history!!! :P :D

All I do is spreadsheets now but I don't mess with scripting and automating things by macros. One reason why is my coding days are behind me, my brain power is reduced lol, and Excel likes to scare people off with a yellow warning message basically saying "this spreadsheet uses macros, macros can be unsafe, use at your own risk!" That turns people off or makes people who are unfamiliar with spreadsheets think you are trying to infect their computer with a virus to hack them etc.  I just avoid putting myself in that situation where I have to defend my integrity and honor by people who are quick to accuse.

Anyhow, thanks for explaining that to me.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.