News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Request (please) Small Milk Barn/Churner

Started by QueryEverything, January 30, 2017, 08:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Hi all,

Some may know that I am in the progress of designing small areas, outposts using a bunch of small & tiny mods (Thank you awesome dev team!! (@kid1293 & @Discrepancy & @Necora etc, etc ... ), but the one thing I find myself now missing is a small milking barn/shed/churner.

I use @RedKetchup Red Barn (love it!), and I use a couple of other creamery mods, but I'm looking for a small fit. 

2 x 2; 2 x 4; 4 x 4; and at a large push, 2 x 6 would be the max I am interested in.

Essentially it would produce the same as the creamery & barns:  cream, cheese, yoghurt (flavoured wth berries, fruit etc), maybe up to 3 dairypeople.
I use the Animal Pens from MM, which is 3x3, so that fits in my plans.
My outposts are a small community that adapt to their area, building hobby farms is one of the things they love to do.  :) 

I can source/supply/sponsor a model, I have accounts at both TurboSquid & GTrader.  I have asked previously, and there may be something in the works, but it never hurts to ask again :)

Thanks all.

(update)
Thoughts:  Now if only Luke had allowed mixed pens, that would be awesome, alas he did not!!  (Actually, thinking about it now, Red & Kid got 2 of their new buildings to randomly produce items, could the same be applied to an animal pen?

Design an animal pen model, like the above mentioned "Animal Pens", but show a collection of different animals in there, and they produce random goods from all different livestock.  The design would be static, and use say, domesticated animals to start, you wouldn't work it like a pasture, but just how the Animal Pens are. 
Name it something like a "hobby farm stock" or "Petting Pen", etc...

Ok, I think that's it :D  Haha.

Cheers all.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

@QueryEverything I'd like a small creamery type mod also, one that adds the black and white cows but not linked to CC.  Being smaller than a creamery it should produce less, maybe only cheese and connected to a family farm probably only 1 worker in a small shed or cheese cellar, a lean-to like @RedKetchup's County Little House.  Color variant for that house is on his to-do list so maybe a possibility. Cows go in the pasture.  Family farms around here have many small sheds.  Health safety laws protect from food being processed in with the animals.  I don't think I would want something called hobby farm or petty zoo.  Banished times were about survival and feeding their children, so were family farms even way back when I was a child.  "Pets" kept rodents under control and foxes from the hen house and guarded the sheep.

edit:  re: animal pens. did you see thread by Jesta030 under Mod Garage/Tips and Help/Help a Newbie?

QueryEverything

@Abandoned thank you for your feedback :)
I grew up in country Australia, we have "Farms" & "Hobby Farms".  It comes down to size, the housing, the animals kept and how many people, workers etc.  You will find where I grew up a Hobby Farm wasn't just "play time", it was hard work.  Working off the land, 3-5 member families putting in all of their effort to produce the finest quality merchandise for themselves and their families, the locals and in some case, State wide through markets and stalls.

My vision for the mod isn't unrealistic when you think about how many small families would work keeping their animals safe and making produce from & by them.  A lot of times with the parents, with the children when they weren't in school busting their days keeping people fed & watered.  Even now, in Outback Australia, our Farmers are running huge amount of livestock, with just a few of their family members because times are ridiculously tough.

I go to Produce Markets now, and there are husband and wife teams with 2 alone, producing hundreds of items per month for sale, whilst technology is definitely an advantage, so too their life experience, and their education. 

And yes, for most farmers, Pets have names, Product does not.  :) :)

Seems like we really do live a world away :D :D :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

Not so far, grew most of our own fruits and vegetable for many years, not enough land for farm animals.  Most people don't even grow a tomato plant though or cook much at home.  Fast food.

brads3

there aren't any milk cows in black and white??? i have CC,but thought there was a milk cow mod that changed the colors. i also have a dairy,similar to the creamery but i get random milk products from it:cheese,cream,butter. all at the same time without changing the process. i like using this more than the creamery,especially on a small homestead.i actually thought RED's barn was going to have a section along those lines.
   i agree that there seems to be a way to make a pasture with more than 1 animal. how bout a homestead farm set. a barn with a pasture and a chicken coop.add some decorations,a small garden patch,an apple tree,set up for a family to work in. feed the animals with grain and get beef,chicken,eggs,milk,a small supply of mixed veggys,some apples,etc all at the same time but randomly. you might get eggs,feathers,carrots-beets-pumpkins,some milk 1 yr . and a different yr u could get squash,apples,beef,leather,etc. say 5 different products per yr. and it could go farther in that the banis could process some food themself at the homestead so you could get tomato soups,cheese,butter,etc.  could do a f variant and have 1 set chickens,milk cows,pigs and another chickens,beef,sheep,etc. even if its 10x10 space or more.
   there is a mod in development to make a small cider press and maple sap boiler as well.  he has a few ideas on expnading the foret sets.

QueryEverything

@Abandoned where I'm moving too the land is wide open for all sorts of agriculture, it's beautiful.  I grew up in bushland, my Mum grew up in Country, and Dad, well, he loves anywhere he can get his feet up for 5 mins, whether it be inland, capeside or river.  I live on 5acres currently, I'd love to put in a lush fruit & veg plot, but the terrain is extremely unstable, we are on the side of a hill, and the land is clay based.  Raised garden beds have been suggested, but I don't have the strength to tend to them all.  I spend my outside time in a wheelchair and I just couldn't justify paving a road for me down the hill, afterall, how would I get back up.  :) 

Anyway ..  back to the mod idea, haha!

@brads3 I've been following @Necora work religiously and am often over at BL, not sure if he will produce a 2x2 or 2x4 dairy for me, I did ask for one the other week as an idea to his latest expansion work, and to tack on to the barn, but I'd also like to see an independent one, if possible.

The idea would be in 2 parts:  1) Dairy Farm, with the pasture that produces random goods, like the ones that @kid1293 & @RedKetchup have just produced, but all farming products.  and 2) the Dairy, where you get to churn the milk exactly like the creamery into different items of your choosing.  In my case I have nearly 2,000 berries, so my dairy creameries are churning out fruit yoghurt. 

I like your idea, I wonder if it's possible to produce it with the following things in mind:  The animals native to the game (plus expansions), deer, chickens, cattle, sheep, (ducks etc by extension, so the file would have to read what animals are "available", the duck hunter (hunting blind), etc) and 2, the season.  So, spring lamb, winter veg etc....
It all comes down to Luke's base code, that's what may halt this.
I'm happy to invest if a model is needed, to save some time, I just don't code, which is where my ideas come to a screeching halt!!
:)

Necora

I'd love to add goats to the game, but that might be beyond my limited modeling skills. Perhaps I'll give it a go one day.

The forest set was initially done to supply the resources for the pine productions needed in the maritime industry. Once I had made a couple, I figured I may as well do a whole set for it so it ballooned pretty substantially. Glad I did it though, makes it more complete.

I do like the idea of more 'backyard' production, that is what I was going for with the maple boiler and cider press, small little homestead productions. I will expand that area when I get more of the fishing sets finished, I also want to expand the crystal cliffs part as well so perhaps they will be together.

It is on my list! A goat pen, chicken hutch, garden, greenhouse, this list is getting long haha. I also want to add a cellar that is built into the hill side that will mature cheese, wine, whiskey etc.

QueryEverything

@Necora I love your passion :D
Please let me know if you need me to beta whilst you develop, lol.  *hint* :D

I've sent you a PM on BL, hope you get a laugh!!  Thanks for stopping by my post here. :)

brads3

the only thing with any of your ideas QUERY  to my knowledge is the modders can't mod via the calendar. it will do the same things all yr not based on seasons.
NECORA,wc to WOB. the hardest part of any animal to design is animation from what i hear.that seems to be 1 of the reasons we don't have a fur trapper.yes u have been busy with the fish mod and went several directions from it. it has been a project for u.i would like to see the fishing expanded to have a catfish pond,bass lake,etc. the lakes we have now,are tiny and more like a park setting than the forest.
   the greenhouse would b awesome.the CC version produces too little. and looks odd with the white glass.RED's gh is nicer looking but brings seedlings to trade not veggy's or fruits. his i find too big. need something in the middle of the 2 on size that takes bonemeal and gives veggy and fruits. the problem i was reading the other day is there seems be no way to make glass as a building texture.

QueryEverything

@brads3 very right about the seasons, I saw a post though that @ShockPuppet has managed to add a timing function, but in a lateral way, I'll leave that up to him if he would like to explain it, but it's on the BL forum :)
And yes, re the animation, even hubby won't do animation for his pilots he designs, he outsources all of that for our work we do (not Banished :D ), he's been a 3D modeller for over a decade, nearly 2, and he won't touch it. haha.

Yes!  A smaller glasshouse etc!!  Sweetbeats!! 

brads3

put him to work modding. we have many ideas . :)

QueryEverything

@brads3 if only ...  nope, unless we want to do a SciFi Map (Bannies discover the lost city of XYZ) and there are planes, it's not something he's interested in.  I've asked, and in his stead he gave me the logins for our business accounts and 3D model sites, lol, told me I could have what I wanted.  He's converted some files I chose to be usable ingame, but I still need them coded, and imported into the game, which is something I can't do.
I don't have the head for coding, or I would.  :(  Sadness ...  Beta test, do reports, admin, that's my bat & ball :D
When he has some down time I'll get him to look at a mod code base and see if it's something he can do. 

RedKetchup

yeah the animation part of the game is really poor
i wish i can learn to make animated animals and i would add them all !!!

part of the problems are :
1. extremly hard, and long to do
2. extremly hard to learn to do
3. we got a developper who had no idea what he was doing...
... but manage to do it in a way he finally learned BUT....
.... is not the way all the tutos on internet and youtube tells you....
... so it doesnt help you alot
4. since his animations doesnt work like others, all the animated you can buy on model sites...
... is a pure waste of money cause they are useless, not made in same way.

i wished to have someone who had make me a tuto but i didnt succeeded to convince to make me learn.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

@QueryEverything what sort of things do you have than you want put in game? I'd be happy to take a look at them and code them up for you, depending on what they are.

Abandoned

@brads3 regarding black and white milk cows and small cheese shed, without CC the only way to get the black and white cows is to use one of Red's creameries or the North mod (which use different b&w cows).  If a small shed was built which required milk, you would have to have one of those mods activated in order to get the cow from the livestock merchant or wait and trade for milk, if the small shed mod includes say Red's cow then only the shed mod needs to be activated. Not that big of problem if requirement stated.

I prefer to have less mods activated at the same time for several reasons, especially big mods.  1st) I lost one video card due to overheating and could not get a replacement card as good as what I had, thus can't run Banished on my desktop. 2nd) limiting limited playtime because of heat.  3) lag time no fun to play. 4) spending game time searching through mega icons for certain item to build, no fun. 5) waiting years for merchants to bring multiple necessary items to construct or use buildings does not a stand-alone mod make. No fun.  But that's just me (without the latest gaming machine).

I was happy to read that @Necora 's maritime mod does not require CC but hopefully won't need half the map for docks to get needed items, no fun.  There are certainly many things in that mod I want to try, really like those colorful town buildings.