News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New setup (Vanilla) Tips for trading setup.

Started by OnkelAqua2, June 17, 2019, 03:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnkelAqua2

O.k. new setup (Vanilla - Mods - College - 3 teachers for 100 students - Badlands (like flatlands, but apparantly different)):

Starting out with some catheres huts, hunters cabins, fishing cabins a couple of farms etc. Started the trading posts with some firewood. As soon as the large amounts of food started rolling in, and the apple Ale econemy was up an running, I demolished the food production and setup this:

Trading posts

Then Stockpiles

Then a bundch of storage barns

Then a cube of 12 Breweries (close to trading posts = not a long way to transport those lovely apple ales of ours)

Next to that cube -  a market and houses (on both sides)

Then a cube of 11 storage barns

Then a cube of a chapel and a cementary (room for 63 good souls) + 2 Woodcutters and some stockpiles)

Then a cube of 11 storage barns

Then a cube of a college, a hospital, some stockpiles and a well.

Then a cube of storage barns. Etc.

Trying to do a market + 24 houses, then a market etc. next to them. Going to demolish the storage barns, when reacing the limit for building more houses.

Up to 2,7 mill stockpiled food right now. Reaching for 10 mill, before expanding the houses a lot (adding 3-9 houses a year for now)

Nilla

I must ask; why any chapels? To my experience, they have so little impact on happiness, that you can hardly notice it. Graveyards are another matter. They do have an impact but I´m not sure that they are worth the space they need, so I have none of them in my dense game.

OnkelAqua2

Quote from: Nilla on June 17, 2019, 11:26:16 AM
I must ask; why any chapels? To my experience, they have so little impact on happiness, that you can hardly notice it. Graveyards are another matter. They do have an impact but I´m not sure that they are worth the space they need, so I have none of them in my dense game.

Our people likes to pray and sing "Hallelujah". And if we don't buildt chapels, mosques will appear everywhere instead.

On a more serious note, it will have an impact. Just like wells. I tried a game with no chapels (and no graveyards). The overall happiness looked fine, but if you clicked on a person, a lot of them where really sad.

Ofcourse you could try demolish the chapels in the end game for more houses. I just don't see a reason to not builld them during the first part of the game. :)

Nilla

The graveyards have an effect on happiness, not the chapels. They have a real minimum effect.  But if your people want to pray, who am I to stop them. ;)

OnkelAqua2

Quote from: Nilla on June 18, 2019, 08:10:02 AM
The graveyards have an effect on happiness, not the chapels. They have a real minimum effect.  But if your people want to pray, who am I to stop them. ;)

Not in my experience. I even bragged about not Building them back in the days. "My people are worshipping the lake goods" I said. But hey. My people are happy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQrCfkvbGw

Nilla

If that´s your Bannis I can understand that the chapel makes them happy. I used to sing in a choir, too when I was more healthy. That really makes you happy and relaxed.

OnkelAqua2

Update: Reached 6 mill stored food. but I'm getting a capacity warning a lot. I'm building storage barns all the time. I'm a bit worried, I'm not going to reach 10 mill food. Everything else looks healthy. Lots of stone, Wood, iron etc. and I have kept pop under control. For several years it has been in the 1900-2100 range. A bit up now, as I needed more workers.

Nilla

Oh dear; this is an experiment to my liking but most of all I like that it´s not my game and I need to build all these barns myself. ;)

Anyhow, I wish you luck. Let us know how it works.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

OnkelAqua2

7 mill food reached. Opened some more TP's and pop is up a Little more, than I wanted to. But apparantly it's o.k. food wise.

Nilla

I have a couple of questions/suggestions whatever.

If I look at your statistics you produced 134k le last year. At the moment you have 388 brewers. If I assume that you had a little less last year, say 360, in that case, a brewery produces in average only 370 ale annually. I use to calculate 500 ale for one brewer, in a larger settlement it may fall to 450 but rarely as much as to 370. Is my calculation wrong? Did you have much fewer brewers last year?

I can´t really understand these low production values. My guess is that all your barns are full of fruit, no brewer need to walk far to get raw material, I also guess that all brewers live close to their workplaces. I can only find one explanation. Have you checked that all breweries are emptied fast enough? Do you have enough traders for that? You haven´t the full number of traders in each port. Why take any risk and use less than possible?

Now you seem to do just fine without a high production in the breweries and I fully understand that it doesn´t matter at this moment if it takes a few more years to reach your goal on stored food but later when you start to expand it does, so I would check and try to find out if anything could be improved.

OnkelAqua2

My only explanation to that would be, I had very few laborers, and a high rate of deaths (old people dying - not sickness and such). So the new brewers probably do live a long way from their workplace. This will all be fixed, when the labourforce increases (more than now). I could try the good old *set brewers to 0 for a while, then add them Again*, but I'm not going to experiment with that right now, since it isn't a big issue. In my last game I had about 550 brewers to fill the TP's (84 TP's as I recall). I'm aiming for that. It might be overkill - it might not. I don't really think you can trust calculations in this game that much (on big maps with a hich population volume), other than what the boats brings to the TP's (30K or 40K of food 2 out of 5 ships - the rest is ressource - seed boats - and livestock).

OnkelAqua2

About the traders I upped them to 8 per TP a couple of years ago, and I'm in the process of upping them to 12 per TP. In the end they will probably be at 16 per TP. They are at max. Perhaps you were looking at the vendors? (they are not at max yet)

OnkelAqua2

I'm now at 8,5 mill stored food. I'm running out of Space to build more barns (unless I build them, where houses are supposed to be). I guess I can't reach the 10 mill goal. Perhaps 9 mill. So I started Building loads of houses. I also have 240K of food stored in TP's and I can build 18 more TP's. The houses have about 250K food stored. That is about 1 year of consumption.

The endgame will then be - fill the rest of the area up with houses and Marketplaces. Up traders to 16 or maybe 20 per TP as the pop increases. Then destroy barns as the food gets eaten and replace with more houses.

40K of steeltools - 27K of warmcoats. 370K of firewood spread across the map. It looks o.k. for now.