Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-testing RK Editor Choice beta 08 -09-10-11

Started by Nilla, February 05, 2018, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 23, 2018, 08:52:14 AM
there wasnt any problem for the nomads to find they way in ?

Yes and no! The very first nomads all died of starvation, before I had time to build two bridges across the small streams. After that there was no problem.........

or maybe there is......... hm.........

I just had a very weird crash. That's why I came to this page right now. And this question made me think about nomads. This is what happened:

As I said, I had a crash. I didn't do anything, that I think may cause any crash; only the same things as before. If I load the autosave; the crash comes to the same time. Luckily I had a save from about one year earlier. When I load this, there's no crash to this time; winter 36. I haven't played much longer, because I wanted to ask here, what it could be. This question about nomads gave me the thought, that it might be time for nomads. I have rejected nomads once after I took the last, but it was some time ago. What is, when something is built on the spot where the nomads appears? Can it cause a crash? I have built on that area.

I will go on with the save, that hadn't had any crash, yet. If it's nomads, there will soon be a crash. After that I will demolish some buildings and fields in that area to see what will happen.

@brads: I only know one trick to build more than one of those buildings supposed  to be there only once. That's setting all the foot prints at the same time, or at least before the first building is done. If you know other tricks, let me know.

brads3

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Yes. I play disasters on. Is there anything with disasters that may cuse the crash.

I´ve tested a bit; weird! I started the bug game again and demolished all fields close to the moutains; no crash but also no nomads. With some trial and error, I found out; when I demolish the red marked field, there´s no bug. If I only demolish some other field; crash!

Nilla

I made some more tests. I rebuilt tat spooky field one tile shorter- crash. (red marked). Then I rebuilt it one tile thinner but one tile longer (blue) - no crash. The "bad" tile is on the red marked spot. Do anyone have an explanation?

Turis

Whoa! Another case of ghosts. Should we call Scooby-Doo and friends or the ghostbusters? :D

Hawk

Quote from: Nilla on February 23, 2018, 04:02:28 PM
I made some more tests. I rebuilt tat spooky field one tile shorter- crash. (red marked). Then I rebuilt it one tile thinner but one tile longer (blue) - no crash. The "bad" tile is on the red marked spot. Do anyone have an explanation?

It's hard to tell from your screenshot which direction your looking from, but I wonder if this comment from a post you made a couple of years ago might have any affect on this.

Quote from: Nilla on January 28, 2015, 09:50:29 AM
-Better access to some fields. The farmers always start to work at the southwest corner of a field. If this corner is blocked or the path to get there complicated, there will be problems.

It's from this post.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=751.msg12694#msg12694
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Nilla

No, @Hawk I don't think that this has anything to do with the crash. The southwest corner is blue marked. There's no change in the access to it. The neighbor fields look the same.

But @Hawk, I am impressed! Quoting an old thread from me! And even finding it! Marvellous! I often know, that I wrote about something, but I seldom find it. Next time I'll ask you! ;)

As you can see; I've played another year; no more crash.

Forgot the picture with the marked corner (but now it´s good Night, Nilla belongs in bed)

Hawk

I didn't think so @Nilla but thought I'd throw it out, just in case.  ;D
Like I said, it's hard to tell from your screenshot what corner is the southwest corner. Even then, I didn't think that corner being blocked somehow would cause the game to crash. I was under the impression it would just cause the farmers problems when planting and harvesting, based on your post.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

brads3

glad someone is chasing gremilns besides me. :)

Nilla

Just one small difference, @brads3. You have 168 mods loaded. I have 1 (!). ;)

RedKetchup

i had another guy save where there is a crash occuring. sometime i thought i narrowed it to something but after 3-4 attempts to narrow it more i was not getting the same thing :
a crash disappear 3-4 times and then bang, the 5th time was back.

at begining thought and narrowed it down to a gatherer hut ... then to crops.... then to the granary itself....

but if i asked if you have the disaster ON..... it is maybe a fire starting right at that moment ... on something...
the guy also had disaster ON. (maybe the thing is with the changes we sometime do to try to resolve... we happend to change the RNG of the game - and not get same thing happening)

and even if i used the debug tools to start fires....
i never have been 100% sure.

brads3

RedKetchup

if you have a crash.dump to give me... i can maybe sent those 2 to luke... he is the only one who has a tool for it.