News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2: Arnetto

Started by brads3, May 18, 2018, 07:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

no actually it is weirder. he clears 1 row thou he never has anything in inventory.walks to the next row.as soon as he tries to clear, poof.odd that the oats even grew. i would think with a error to the crop, it would not grow at all.

Nilla

You use to say, you're "nuts" @brads3. You even seem to enjoy all these unexpected, crashes, "misbehavior", you name it! Why not a simple vanilla game for a change? Or only one mod? RK Ed has a new version. It's a great stand alone mod. So is the North or CC. Or you can pick a few guaranteed compatible from Kid or DS. A totally different game! I promise. But I can't promise, that someone like you would like it............... ;)

brads3

vanilla is boring. too much missing from it.i should do a "pure" RK and then NORTH separately.it is nice to overcome the obstacles and fix the issues. i was hoping someone would have a clue as to the oat issue.it is odd and i don't have an explanayion as to what could be causing it.this has been challenging enough with no education.

brads3

YEAR 30-31

ok,no more nomads.going to go another 5 yrs without school and see where things are.that should take the educatiion to amost 0.i doubled the workers at the trading posts,added 1 to the marbe quarry,and will build a RH buiding materials trader.i want to take the laborer count down to 15 and 5 builders.so 3 mlore will work a forest and 2 more crops,1 watermelon field and 1 pear orchard.5 more houses will be added as well.
          newly acquired red friesian cows will get a 20x25 pasture. we have enough houses,as the bannies are now moving as singles.the nordic mine fails to work. i left it set at iron and coal.the miners refuse to go in it. guess they think it is haunted.umm finally they dared go in to dig iron and got stuck.they can't find coal thou.
      food and stone are back ahead. there is progress.labor count remains at 20 but is mainly younger bannies.we have made food trades with the tobacco.

pic 1:building material trading post
pic 2:haunted nordic mine
pic 3: red fow pasture cleared

RedKetchup

for your oats problem, you need to open your mod window and start checking the first one on top and see if it has a RawMaterialOats.rsc file and check next one and next one till you find the first which has it.
and tell us the name.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

you want me togo thru how many lines from over 130 mods? that is insane.LOL. RawMaterialOats-rawmaterial.crs     next ine same-resource.crs .
those template files are in CC stables above the RK.thankfuly i don't see any oat file in the pine mod. i made a note to try moving the stable mod lower next time.

i miss my notes from my comp crashing a few weeks ago. my registry is off slightly due to trying to use NORTh above the RK.in the process CC got moved and is affecting things more than i wanted. it is set RK,CC NF,then NORTH,but plays as the CC is stronger in registry.

brads3

YEAR 32-33

I adjust the trading posts. leather coats is swapped to the dock and wool coats to the mini general,to balance the values in each.the tobacco must be storing as textiles,since i am way above that limit. i increased it to 15,000.this all should help get more wool coats.
      i set a patch of fields to pickup to see how much it helps.some fields did better,but others did worse.overall there is more loss than gain between the 8 fields. i will run this another year but the 2 best fields will not be set to pickup.
    the laborers work on getting thatch supplies up this year.after double checking,there are still older females living with parents that didn't want to move. a couple houses near the village center will be built. a workplace butcher is made that can haul venison to the village since it didn't do pork. i built the Pilgrim's rest even though i don't have root seed yet. roots aren't growing as well here in the forests.

the haunted nordic mine never worked again.did switch between iron and coal during the year. it is disabled and the miners are sent to the tiny mine to dig coal.

though i don't think it will help much,i will try GATHERER's idea. several food carts will be set for the farmers to use.i think the climate and education is costing over 200 a field. the added storage will pick up 50-75 a field. if they help 20 fields,it would be a gain of a 1000 or so. we won't get a consistant 450+ per field output.
        ran this test for a year.the fields near the carts did no better than before.some outputs went up some down.same thing to fields near barns. they balance overall to no gain. i did plant onions and field onions.the field onions give 100 more than the regular onions.the onions and field berries did better without the pickup. the CC crops aren't as hurt by the lack of education as the others.the orchards are doing very poorly.

traded for logs and gained field peppers and tomato seeds. tested the CC candle shop with KIDD's beeswax and it fails to use it.the candle shop will use tallow from the beef butcher.i sent an apprentice to the half-breed dairy pasture. he did help bring in more  milk.the pasture still produces more beef than milk however.1070 milk to 1200 beef.

pic 1: cart storage added to fields
pic 2:pilgrim's rest
pic 3: 2nd KID beekeeper
pic 4: shading for the rural market
pic 5: CC candle shop and ketcup factory

brads3

YEAR 34

many of the young workers had been sent to the mines.they have grown up by now and need houses.to the west,the river curves away to the north.south of it,i plan to add meadows.

we gain more seeds amd expand another 4 fields.education is at 5%.other than firewood,production is more stable.that does need to be improved so the bannies don't burn all the thatch and fodder up.now that i have a plan and it is functioning better,i will keep going without education.just to show that it can be done,i would like to get it to 0 and run it for a year or 2.

pic 1:miner houses and cemetary
pic 2: thatch meadow
pic 3: yr 35 stats

brads3

YEAR 35-36

housing is an ongoing battle.each time i add some,there are 20 yr old couples and some young singles.yet looking around,there are still older bannies living with parents.the mine village shows it needs 5 more,yet there is 2 single households.this not counting the farmers or forests.
        next step is to improve the firewood. another reed farm will help with fire bundles. a wood cutter will be added to the orchard forest as well.a cherry orchard takes us to 40 farmers. the builders dug the precious mine.we send 4 young workers to work it.
    i added the CC weaver ,and it does use the pine mod's flax to make linen.clothing limit and tool limts are now at 1000.food is 35,000.took 20 crates in on trade at a value 1 for the tobacco dryer to use.the 2nd thatch hut is built, but noone lives close enough to work it yet.

pic 1: 2nd reed farm,
pic 2: my precious mine
pic 3: CC weaver
pic 4: cherry orchard behind large colonial house and pear orchard in  front.

Gatherer

How much reeds/fire bundles does one reed farmer/fire bundler produce? And how many foresters and woodcutters do they replace?

I guess you save a lot of logs for other things this way.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

the reed can be handy to use up feathers making reed coats.with the educstion nearing 0,nothing is working well. i wasn't going to use the reeds but here had to.firewod even with trading isn't coming up. there is like 5 wood cutters with 2 of them at the sawmill. normally a reed farm or 2 would supply a bundler and make reed coats.should get about 50-7000 bundles from a shop.so yes,it can be a cheat since it doesn't take up the same space as a forester.

this lack of education costs logs at the forester and then firewood per log at the choppers. have tried different choppers and  KIDD's sawmill.
it has been challenging.i can keep coats up with 2 tailors but have double that to even keep up with tools.doesnt take much to have a shortage of 1 thing or another.
the other thing i just noticed is with the dense forest mod has changed things. i don't think there is firewood scattered to be picked up.instead the foresters are finding more pelts and furs. this is the 1st i tried that mod.it is causing things to work different.

kid1293

What mod has fire bundles?
I am thinking about reed and I am curious.

rkelly17

Quote from: kid1293 on June 04, 2018, 12:53:00 PM
What mod has fire bundles?
I am thinking about reed and I am curious.

I think that reeds and fire bundles come with Colonial Charter.

brads3

the CC dock addon mod has a reed farm and a bundler shop.the reeds dont grow all over with the nat div mod enabled.

kid1293