News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

About Ports

Started by Paeng, October 21, 2016, 01:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

@Paeng - It wouldn't be fair to let you down :)
You have supported me all the way.

This one is not huge, only large.
22x9 with the possibility, I hope, that the ends can protrude into water
or onto ground. Good for river bends :)
One boat. Lots of storage.

Taking a break now. Sorely needed. Then the build stages.

Paeng

Aww - I didn't feel "let down"... and always kept up my belief that it can be done  ;)

Looks cool, eager to test this giant  ;D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

I'm testing right now.
Is storage=320000 too much?

The edges can go onto land and into water.

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on January 07, 2017, 01:23:07 PMIs storage=320000 too much?

Not for me... after all, that's my main point...  ;)

QuoteThe edges can go onto land and into water.

Cool, yeah I think the smaller the part that is "land-locked" the easier it will be to place...

* thinking of CC wooden dock or DS jetties that can be freely placed on land or water...

QueryEverything

Wow, can't wait to put the Large Port in game, thank you so much @kid1293 !!
I love all the small village pieces you have been doing (more please, LOL), but this port, this is special, and needs to go in my villages!!!!

Question about the small port, now this may well be a 'path bug', being that for some reason the path is not clear, or it could be a ghosting issue, but the horses (trade & regular) aren't moving from the port.  Even when I destroyed the port and terraformed the ground to all level, they didn't move.  Yet, the pasture I had allocated to them is showing that they are there, numbers wise, and the worker is working.  I have since restarted the game save prior to this and have yet to purchase livestock.

Anyway, I thought you might like to see how I setup the small port :)

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

@QueryEverything -

I read your message and loaded up a small port.
I got cows and they happily walked to the pasture.

Is this a horse issue only?

Or did you block the path?

QueryEverything

Thank you @kid1293 I don't think the path was blocked, the image that has the circled horses has a road that goes directly infront of traders, and then has a direct line out to the fields, and also back over those bridges in the bottom right corner. It was odd.

I've started a brand new map to play with and to check what happens, if I can replicate it on this map.

I've added another 2 screenshots from when I noticed the issue, removed all the buildings and re-terraformed the water to land, they still just stood there. haha!  If I can find that map save I will see what happens after 10 mins, see if I can change the pasture as well.

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

It's not just the small port, so I must have a pathing error somewhere.

I used the Tiny Trader, bought 4 Trade Horses (mode from @kralyerg , allocated a pasture (direct line from the road to the right), and waited.  They didn't move.
When I went to destroy the building, there were 5!  I checked the pasture and sure enough there were 5 listed, but no horses in the pasture.
I then waited 1 full season after destroying the Trader, sure enough I had another horse, but none in the pasture. 
I even made a corn field and they still won't move!!!

I'm going to delete everything now and see what happens.

paralias

Quote from: Paeng on January 07, 2017, 05:39:17 PM
Quote from: kid1293 on January 07, 2017, 01:23:07 PMIs storage=320000 too much?

Not for me... after all, that's my main point...  ;)

storage is ok but it can be achieved with @kralyerg ridiculous storage mod 

my wish is can it bring more than 30000?

kid1293

@paralias - This mod is not covered by Ridiculous Storage, maybe they update.

Abandoned

That is one nice looking large port, love that brickwork.  Thanks @kid1293

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: QueryEverything on January 08, 2017, 03:31:14 AM
It's not just the small port, so I must have a pathing error somewhere.

I used the Tiny Trader, bought 4 Trade Horses (mode from @kralyerg , allocated a pasture (direct line from the road to the right), and waited.  They didn't move.
When I went to destroy the building, there were 5!  I checked the pasture and sure enough there were 5 listed, but no horses in the pasture.
I then waited 1 full season after destroying the Trader, sure enough I had another horse, but none in the pasture. 
I even made a corn field and they still won't move!!!

I'm going to delete everything now and see what happens.
You may not have a pathing error as such, it may be a lag error. So before you change anything or delete anything (if you haven't already) try waiting for a bit longer.
I have had the same situation as you with any port that has standard (not trade) livestock ready for a pasture. The pasture is operating fine and indicates that the correct number of animals has been assigned to it but it takes a little while for the animals to actually move from the port.

Wait a few more months/seasons in game and see if they move to the pasture. I suspect that they will move at some time and that you might even have half or more of the animals move to the pasture with the remainder still waiting at the port but they too will eventually move on to the pasture.
However I must say again that while I have had a similar situation, it was with standard animals and not the trade animals so it could also possibly be a bug with the trade animals.

kid1293

@QueryEverything - I think you need a stable if the horses
are CC Trade Horses. They wont go to a pasture.
Go over to BlackLiquids page Link
and somewhere they talk about a stable.
I don't know if it was on exactly that page.

RedKetchup

how you guys succeed to make horses go in stable but not in pasture ? and how you can send cows only to pasture and not in stable ? if of course they are live horses like a live cow ??
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: paralias on January 08, 2017, 03:58:56 AMstorage is ok but it can be achieved with kralyerg ridiculous storage mod

Well, but that mod makes ALL storage "ridiculous", right? I would not want that, I only want larger storage for the port...  :)