News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Wild Oats - tanypredator

Started by tanypredator, May 22, 2016, 06:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanypredator

Gatherer, I think I fixed it (I'll test tomorrow), but I have a question - should I upload the first version of oats with only this fix? Or maybe it would be better to decrease its yeld (as in version 2), or to change something else?

Gatherer

IMHO it would be best to go for the second option (version 2).
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

tanypredator

Gatherer, I fixed that conflict and decreased the amount of plants - this fixed mod is at the main download link. (The link for version 2 with separate building is in the text.)

Gatherer

Sweet. Thank you. Just tested it and it works without problems.

Cheers
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Nilla

After I finished my test of the Nordic Landscape mod, I looked a bit around, to see, what all of you diligent moddler have done lately. It's amazing what you all create. I like it, when you say @tanypredator when you miss a wild grain; "I'll create one". Great! I couldn't do that. Maybe I could learn, how to create a mod technically but I haven't enough creativity to make something nice and beautiful, like you guys.

Another thing is obvious, when you browse the modding threads. You have a great community. You help eachother when you have problems, you give away your codes for further developing by someone else. That's also very nice to see.

Now I have a stupid question to you @tanypredator: As you can see in my writing; English is not my native language. I didn't know what "Wild Oats" is, so I used Google translate to find a translation. To my astonishment it said "vildhavre". That's a terrible weed. There's even a law here in Sweden, that says, if a farmer has this weed on his field, he had to take it away. I can remember picking it as I was a child. It seems to be a "popular" child work. ;) My daughter helped her farm-girl friends with it not so long ago. I know Google translate isn't totally reliable, and sometimes there are different plants in different part of the word with similar name. I am curious. Can you tell a bit about your plant?

tanypredator

Nilla, lol, I used "wild" only to indicate that it will grow in the forest, not in the fields  :D I'm not native English speaker too (and not a biologist), and I didn't even know that there is exactly such kind of oats which is weed. Sorry to disappoint you  :)

UPD - I just think that what is now considered to be weeds, could be the ancestors of cultivated oats.

gerns

in the u.s.a. it is a great open range plant for animals and as a cereal its used a lot(as in quaker oats etc.----this mod is super by the way

tanypredator