News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed)

Started by RedKetchup, August 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

;D oh, no, we are good, I did not think you wanted me to do that.  I understood what you meant about the size and totals.  :)

I just meant that so many disabled mods in folder doesn't cause slow down.

Quick rough count, the most mods used in any one story was 50 mods.  :)

galensgranny

Red, I don't see the building radius circle when I go to place the corner grocery.  Is is the same radius as the grocer from RK EC that is not a corner building?

I thought that talk of Mountain Oysters was a joke, but oh my,  people really do eat cattle testicles, which is what Mountain Oysters are!   I suppose why not, since people eat the rest of the cattle.  I don't want to eat them, though.

Regarding the load times, it does seem for me that the more I have in my Windata folder, the longer it takes to load.  Thanks to Reds list earlier about some mods I can get rid of, my load time is a bit less, but still approximately 10 minutes is the the norm for me.  One thing I did notice is that if I restart my computer, close various running programs I don't need on, and then run Banished, it will load faster.  But only one or two minutes- that is only the case for me with no mods.
Regarding RK EC, I am loving how the trees fall down when chopped!   :)   I am having fun just sitting and watching. 

Quote from: brads3 on September 03, 2018, 12:40:13 PM
be advised my pine mod c laims it s 1.04.  see no difference between it and the 1.05.anyone kow what differences there is? so far you all are crazy.  tested without the flax patch and can't force it to crash.
@brads3, I did try again adding the Pine mod, but again crash, so that iis out for me if I have RK EC.  I did like a few of the Pine buildings, but would much rather have RK EC if I have to chose between the two.  I never used a flax patch.  The Pine Mod has flax?  I guess the Pine Mod gods like you.

brads3

glad you have it working,Granny. tried to throw all knds of stuff at it ,but could not get it to crash.

embx61

Quote from: brads3 on September 03, 2018, 06:00:37 PM
glad you have it working,Granny. tried to throw all knds of stuff at it ,but could not get it to crash.

Try a brick next time  :P :D :D

But seriously I get crashes too if I load the Pine Mod. Brads, I think your PC gave up resisting you with all those mods you load together. :)
I am glad the issue is resolved for Granny.

Sometimes we have to let a mod go for a certain map as not everything works well together.
Maybe with all kind of load order shuffles I will get it work too but I hardly play so only did the test to help out a bit.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

maybe there is a 3rd one in middle that makes the 2 other working together LOL
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

@RedKetchup I found 2 minor menu items you may want to correct on full version.  I would think lite version would be the same.

On Decorative flower toolbar it says open this toolbar to get decorative fruit trees
In vanilla blacksmith menu every option says +logs but the iron tools says +wood.  (I think you might want them all +log)

:)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on September 05, 2018, 05:51:09 AM
@RedKetchup I found 2 minor menu items you may want to correct on full version.  I would think lite version would be the same.

On Decorative flower toolbar it says open this toolbar to get decorative fruit trees
In vanilla blacksmith menu every option says +logs but the iron tools says +wood.  (I think you might want them all +log)

:)

thanks you ! i love those err tooltips findings :)
i fixed the flowers one, i fixed too the bushes one too ^^

the blacksmith : that the vanilla game that said that, it was the Luke's words ^^ it should be fixed too. compiling presently to see the visual confirmations...

thanks you for those findings :)

Freedom

RKEC 1.1 and Necora's Pine Set troubles:

• I played my last map for 40 Bannie-years with both RKEC 1.0 and Necora's Pine Set (v105). The mods got along happily with no issues. (RKEC atop the load order.)
  • I replaced only the RKEC .pkm with the 1.1 version in WinData (Steam), made no load order changes, did the usual complete exit and restart, and started a new game.
  • The game crashes every time within the first minute every time. (Thinking it may be as something spawns or the grasses and trees start to bloom out??)
  • As suggested above, disabling the Pine Set mod stopped the crashing. So something in the change between 1.0 and 1.1 is causing the two to not play nice together.
  • Curious, I moved the Pine Set mod just above RKEC 1.1. This also stopped the crashing on start! The two again seem to play nice (so far!).
Now to figure out which bits and pieces are probably not working as expected...

brads3

yep,pine mod is a start mod so should go above the RK.the only thing it might do is drop RED's pine trees.that wll depend on how his and Necora's trees are coded. very few start mods can be added below a main mod and work without issues.

agree with RED that the issues Granny had were a 3rd mod interferring with the other 2. this has happened since the 1.07 limit flags.since EB had the crash,i have to think it is an update to an EB mod.some change between the individual EB mods that i have and the full sets.as far as i have that conflict narrowed down so far.

RedKetchup

the problem with Pine and RK1.11 is the change of texture of the pine. Necora need to update his mod to make it work with my new texture. i dont know what he did, but there is something he didnt made properly. His new pine should had its own texture which was probably the mess. if it had its own texture, having me changing the vanilla one wouldnt have caused any trouble. thats a fact.

Necora need to comeback to fix / or share his sources like we all did with him so we can see/fix the troubles.

it doesnt please me alot to maybe do a 3rd version without the new Hi-Res pine texture or do a patch to put back the vanilla texture.

brads3

you shouldn't have to ,RED. the most likely issues that caused Freedom's crash was the pine mod under the RK was trying to spawn.which it can't do after the map was loaded.with the pine above it should work fine.i haven't looked at it enough to know if the pine overrides your trees.

Granny's crash i agree with you on.a 3rd mod messed something up.EB narrows it down farther since he was using less mods. it is funny that since the 1.07 limit flags and upgrades, there are times a 3rd mod can cause issues. if you use any 2 out of the 3 all is fine but not mixing 3.

RedKetchup

i just download the pine set 1.5 from WoB download section. and added it to mod list.

after reload i ve checked the conflict lines. and nowhere i saw about the pine texture so probably it is not that. i ran the game and yeah, or it is when something has to spawn or something was starting to show up in spring (billboard material).

for first confirmation test, i just disabled my hi res pine texture and compiling. i ll have the confirmation on this once done. work ok with RKed1.0 + Pine but not ok with RKed1.11 + Pine. I didnt touched the tree spawns. i did long time ago in 1.0 but not in 1.11.

will do some more tests after this hiRes test

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

i think i narrowed down the problem. continuing my tests. it is slow cause takes 20mins to compile between tests....

for sure, it is not the hiRes change the problem. So if one day you read this @Necora , i am very very sorry about everything i could have said about your Pine Set 1.5 mod. There is something your Pine set doesnt handle... not it is not that and it's really not its fault. This is something i did and your Pine set doesnt handle it when both mods used together :P

brads3

REd,did you try the pine above the RK? it works fine for me.there is a difference in the trees.with the RK the pines are fuller but shorter.yours are brighter than the pine mod trees.i also don't see the vanilla oaks or other trees with the pine mod.