News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed)

Started by RedKetchup, August 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on November 11, 2018, 08:44:38 AM
RED are we overhunting the maps again? that used to happen way long ago but LUKE fixed it.could it have been retriggered somehow with adding the new animals? there do seem to be less herds and with less animals after many years than the start of maps.

so , i added a couple of "points" to the populations... just tiny number changes... i hope it will help.

int _cellSize = 22; // was 8
   int _largeCellSize = 148; // was 64

in RKEC it was 24 and 152 as numbers. that control the overall number of packs. it is linked the the map size.

other thing, i also modified the time to get a birth, making it faster.
vanilla deer had :    float _reproduceTimeInMonths = 12.0;

i changed it to :    float _reproduceTimeInMonths = 8.0;
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

had you changed the birth numbers before? not sure what LUKE had to change when he added the banished plus mod long ago. i do know coding is a language to itself and can be quite touchy.let alone the coding for this game. subtle change to the coding from 1 upgrade to the next on a mod can have big effects. sometimes changes happen without you modders trying.

littlelamb

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 11, 2018, 07:50:15 AM
Quote from: littlelamb on November 10, 2018, 05:25:42 PM
Thanks for the advice brads3, Does adding building have any other effect on the game besides giving more buildings. I ask because at present I am having a problem getting RK's ducks to show properly in the pasture.

I have taken out all mods except Iseefire, Horse and Wagon , and Debug. I have started a new game and am now waiting for a delivery of ducks. I was playing with CC Journey and have also taken that mod out.

Do you know if Redketchup"s butcher will work with the vainly game.

I have placed specific covered stock piles near the appropriate buildings and it is helping.

as i said earlier, there are 2 ducks. CC ducks and RK ducks. they are not the same at all. the CC ducks are 99% flying over ground but making levitation. they wings arent flapping at all.
mine they are on the ground and they dont fly at all.

and as you said, i personally cannot figure out of which ducks you were talking.

I am sorry for the confusion Redketchup. I was referring to the RK ducks. They were not showing in the dock or the on the ground in the pastures.

I installed the RK Ducks With Feathers mod and it is second under RK Editors Choice mod, in my mod list. The only other mods I have are the ones I mentioned above in the quote.

I did have the 'Colonial Charter Journey', 'Lush and Green', 'Renewable Resources' and 'MrFlopsies Stone Bridge'
I took all of these out of the game. After removing these mods, I starting a new game and was finally able to purchase the RK ducks, They showed up at the dock and they walked to the pasture and are now on the ground in the pasture. 

I now have to work out which mod was the cause of them not working properly.
I will also test the game without the 'RK Ducks With Feathers' mod.

Thankyou for the help and the great mod. I like having the animals you have added wander through my town.

RedKetchup

Quote from: littlelamb on November 11, 2018, 10:27:47 AM
I now have to work out which mod was the cause of them not working properly.
I will also test the game without the 'RK Ducks With Feathers' mod.

Thankyou for the help and the great mod. I like having the animals you have added wander through my town.

if you prefer to have ducks with feathers, you need to place it ontop of RKEC
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

littlelamb

littlelamb

Hi Redketchup.

I installed CC Journey 1.76 and made a new game. Finally was able to buy duck but they were not the RK ducks

In my mod list I did as you said and put the RK Duck With Feathers mod before RK Editor Choice
The CC Journey mod was at the bottom of the list

As the CC Journey mod was the only different mod I have installed since being able to get the RK Ducks, it would appear that the CC Journey mod it the one causing the problem :(

elemental

If you are playing with CC and RK then both types of ducks will be in your game. It doesn't matter which mod is on top, both versions of the ducks will be in your game. It's the same with CC pigs and RK pigs, and also CC cows and RK cows. Both types of animal will be available to buy. Just wait for the boat to bring the ones you want.

littlelamb

Quote from: elemental on November 11, 2018, 11:33:20 PM
If you are playing with CC and RK then both types of ducks will be in your game. It doesn't matter which mod is on top, both versions of the ducks will be in your game. It's the same with CC pigs and RK pigs, and also CC cows and RK cows. Both types of animal will be available to buy. Just wait for the boat to bring the ones you want.

Thank you for the reply elemental. I was not aware that both the CC and RK pasture ducks were available for purchase

Do you know if there is anyway to tell what ducks are being offered for sale.? They seem to just show as 'Ducks' or if there is some way to get rid of them if the wrong ones are purchased?

elemental

Price is one way to tell them apart. I think RK ducks cost 400 and CC ducks cost 600, but I'm not exactly sure.

If you don't know which is which, just save your game before you buy them. And then if you get the wrong ones you can reload.

embx61

The name Ducks is set in the string tables by the modders and this is what the players see in the game.

CC and Red have both set it to Ducks because it are Ducks so it is hard to tell which Ducks it are you are buying.

To get rid of them is to leave them at the Trade port because after a while they will die I believe because nobody takes care of them as in a pasture.
You can also do a save just before you buy them. Then buy them and see the animations.

Reds ducks not fly I believe so if they just wander around a bit and not fly you have Reds Ducks.
If they fly you have CC Ducks so you reload the save and not buy them.

You can also ask Red to rename his Ducks in the string table but what name to give the Ducks?

EDIT: Elemental beat me to it and I did not now about the pricing. If the pricing is as elemental says then it is clear which Ducks are from what Modder.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

littlelamb

Thanks folk.

I think I may also have another way to tell them apart. I payed close attention to the offered animals, the last time they became available for sale and noted that there are small pictures next to the name of the animal. I was Pigs I picked up on because 'Pigs' showed twice in the list. On close inspection I noticed that one lot of pigs were small that the other.

Saving prior to purchasing is a good idea. I do that before I place a 3 storey house, as I like a one tile space between the houses and quite often I miss calculate with the 3 storey ones

brads3

you can have similar things happen with some crops.some orchard fruits grow in fields under CC.

donwolfkonecny

I have a bunch of questions. Maybe it's not best to ask them all in one thread but lets see how it goes.
1) why would you want feathers?
2) Can the RK ducks be named to some particular type of duck such as "Wood Duck" or "Mongolian Duck" (if there is such a thing lol)
3) Is copper used for anything besides copper tools (which I have never used so copper becomes exclusively a trade item)
4) My dudes and chicks are 5 hearts. I think it's because of the good variety of food. Does that mean there is no need for Tavern Church or Bathhouse? (The only need/point for those is happy, correct?) There's one or two .5 hearts cause the cemetary filled before I built the new one, but they will recover just on the good food true?
5) Do domesticated Bison create anything besides fertilizer? I haven't noticed meat or fur. Can I do something like grow them to eight, force them into pen for two, then hunt the others?
6) General question. Does it help for me to assign a rancher. Since they don't produce much I'm hoping I can leave a rancher unassigned. Or will they die? Or does rancher speed production of whatever they produce, in this case manure.
7) What does the dentist do? Is it the same thing as herbalist? Like, if I have a dentist, or barber, do I then not need a herbalist?
8) I kinda feel greenhouse is overpowered. Why buy seeds for anything if you can build greenhouse? And produces much faster than crop. Maybe it should only grow what you have seeds for. Maybe it grows more slowly than a field but all year, so the annual yield is same as field (but you don't lose any, but requires full time worker).
9) I think seeds are silly (and overpowered) in this game because you buy them once and you have them forever so they get boring. If I wrote this game, I would make it so seeds were good for only one growing, but cost less and were more readily available. Then what I grew that year, would kindof be dependent on what seeds I had, it wouldn't be entirely my choice. Like there would be five seed (packets) available and I could buy five and then plant a total of five seasons or fields.
10) Can someone please tell me the 20 flags you can have for the items. Mostly out of interest of how the designer envisioned things.
11) I added that Warehouse, and I have to say, it's helping a lot. It's not perfect, but maybe it's that nice spot of not making the game TOO easy, but allowing me to micromanage. For example when I had way too much salt and the mineral cart had all salt and couldn't fit minerals, now I can make the salt "disappear" temporarily. Also I can now move all meat over to the processors. I just set the amounts high and it sucks it up over there and then I release it 100 at a time. But speaking of.
12) Can someone tell me the recipes, or RK could you please display the recipes for items in their production? I'm concerned I'm wasting time processing food because it does not seem to increase the amount. I'm concerned it increases the selling value of the food, but if I'm eating it then I don't care about price, I care about quantity. For example what are the numbers for the butcher? If I want to increase food quantity should I build a second smoker dryer salter or butcher?
13) Is there a listing somewhere of what the food items count as? What I mean is, I heard that happiness requires getting four food groups protein (meat), starch (grain), veg and fruit, but what for example is onions and roots, are they both veg? is there no difference besides cosmetic? I mean I can't control how much of each the gatherer collects so no reason to have separate items (except for cutesie). Also, are all gathered items veg? I've seen cranberry, are they veg or fruit? And mushroom? And are these all the same as the ones that can be grown in greenhouse.
14) what are seedlings for and how are they used?
15) I can't add "I see fire" which suggests it's included in RKEC but I can't find it anywhere in the menus, where is it?
16) I've added kids Barbeque, and I see I can sell the items in trade, but I can't find BBQ anywhere in menus, is RKEC hiding it somewhere? Possibly this would be a use for separating veg from meat!

embx61

Feathers are used in CC. Bedding I think.
Yes possible, if Red want to do it.
Copper is used in two or three of my Mods as building Material. In CC copper can be used to make copper pipes I think.
Happiness is stars, hearts is food/health I think. You need both in good standing so some happiness buildings are a pre.
I think all four foods are linked to happiness but more important is the link to health.
Not sure, but i think Red said Bisons are only for fertilizer.
Rancher? Sorry cannot help you there.
Yes, dentist works the same as a herbalist. It is at least some variety.
I think seeds can be set in the code so they work only once but that would not be liked by many.
20 flags are Edible | Fuel | Tool | Wood | Stone | Iron | Health | Clothing | Textile | Alcohol | Grain | Fruit | Vegetable | Protein | CoalFuel | Custom0 | Custom1 | Custom2 | Custom3 | Custom4 | Custom5 | Custom6 | Custom7 | Custom8 | Custom9;
The customs were added by Luke and by agreement between modders these were filled.
From Custom 0 to 9 they are: Crafted, Forged, Fabrics, Industrial fuel, Materials, Construction, Precious, Misc, and 2 reserved. Red using Custom9 as a happy maker (Tickets) for the theater.

Some modders like Tom Sawyer and Discrepancy changed some flags for their mods.

I not know all the recipes of RK EC.
So many foods it is not easy to name all the flags for them. Onion and root are both flagged as Edible | Vegetable.
Seedlings are used so you can plant Decoration trees with them. I think Red going to use them in a newer version into something different.
Not sure if I seeFire is in RK but it can be loaded with it separately if not included.
No clue, sorry, but I doubt Red is hiding it :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Maldrick

Most of these questions can be answered by loading a debug tool and testing.

For the trade values, there's a button on debug that unlocks all possible items currently available with what mods are loaded. Hit that then up arrow every item on a trade post, and the trade window will give you a list of the value of everything.  Make notes.

It's also really easy to test production chains you are unsure of.

If you don't know what a particular resource is for you can easily build one of everything and find out.

A flatten tool along with debug helps a lot.  You can quickly create a large flat work area to test on at launch and have water and terrain not be an issue.

There's no universal list of what foods are in what food group.  If memory serves, some modders flag honey as fruit, others as protein, for example.  Additionally, some processed foods are more than one because they combined two raw foods of different groups.  Usually it's common sense. If it's obviously a fruit it's usually a fruit.  If it's anything else besides a fruit or nut it's probably a vegetable.

If you really want to know specifically for what you are playing with, load a set of specialized markets and test with debug.  Most modders combine fruit and veg in specialized markets but there's an older fruit market someplace if you really need to test that.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze