News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed)

Started by RedKetchup, August 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

I have a spreadsheet in the download (Remind me of I need to update the damn thing so the newer stuff is in there)  :-[
All the items of all my mods and even some vanilla stuff is in there with trade values, weight, and flags.

It also give the recipes and how much is input and output and so fort.
Need Microsoft Excel or another program which can read excel files to load the spreadsheet.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Maldrick

Your spreadsheet is great, EB.  Last time I played your set I kept it handy on my phone.  Thanks for making it available.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

brads3

feathers is used a few places in CC,including with reeds to make coats for swamp villges.
renaming ducks solves 1 animal. there ae others added via various mods and many different crop variations.it won't solve everything.to me it really won't matter much.
pastures take time for the animals to breed and fill them before they produce meat.you can't let the animals go from the pasture to live wild.they will stay until they die from not being fed.without a worer the animials will die over time.they shouldn't breed and multiply either.
greenhouses tae more workers since you need water supplied to them i don't find them overpowered.

some food processors increase food units some uses more to produce less. this is a debatable point that has been around awhile.CC started this by increasing trade value of the end food be it a pie,bread,etc.since the trade value means nothing to the bannies,this way does not help them.a unit,whatever that be,of pie is not equal to a unit of wheat,flour,etc added together. i understand why CC did it their way.lately i question if this was the right way.most butchers anymore do work to make more meat out from whatever animal is cut up.

happiness doesn't matter to much to the game.the bannies do want to be healthy and will get sick more and lazy if it goes down.

iseefire is not included with the RK.RED has many mods out that can be added to any game.

seedlings are used to make decorative trees. they are also a trade item.

KID's mod should be under his icon under the community icon. if it is an older version if might be under the old toolbar.depending on mods you have added,i would check thru all the buttons.you may find other stuff that you added but forgot you have.

embx61

I not really made the spreadsheet.

CC has one and @estherhb made theirs so i asked her permission so I could make a copy of the CC one and use it as a template and edit it so it suites all my numbers and stuff and make it available.
She kindly gave me permission. :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on November 12, 2018, 09:07:04 AM
I have a bunch of questions. Maybe it's not best to ask them all in one thread but lets see how it goes.
1) why would you want feathers?
2) Can the RK ducks be named to some particular type of duck such as "Wood Duck" or "Mongolian Duck" (if there is such a thing lol)
3) Is copper used for anything besides copper tools (which I have never used so copper becomes exclusively a trade item)
4) My dudes and chicks are 5 hearts. I think it's because of the good variety of food. Does that mean there is no need for Tavern Church or Bathhouse? (The only need/point for those is happy, correct?) There's one or two .5 hearts cause the cemetary filled before I built the new one, but they will recover just on the good food true?
5) Do domesticated Bison create anything besides fertilizer? I haven't noticed meat or fur. Can I do something like grow them to eight, force them into pen for two, then hunt the others?
6) General question. Does it help for me to assign a rancher. Since they don't produce much I'm hoping I can leave a rancher unassigned. Or will they die? Or does rancher speed production of whatever they produce, in this case manure.
7) What does the dentist do? Is it the same thing as herbalist? Like, if I have a dentist, or barber, do I then not need a herbalist?
8) I kinda feel greenhouse is overpowered. Why buy seeds for anything if you can build greenhouse? And produces much faster than crop. Maybe it should only grow what you have seeds for. Maybe it grows more slowly than a field but all year, so the annual yield is same as field (but you don't lose any, but requires full time worker).
9) I think seeds are silly (and overpowered) in this game because you buy them once and you have them forever so they get boring. If I wrote this game, I would make it so seeds were good for only one growing, but cost less and were more readily available. Then what I grew that year, would kindof be dependent on what seeds I had, it wouldn't be entirely my choice. Like there would be five seed (packets) available and I could buy five and then plant a total of five seasons or fields.
10) Can someone please tell me the 20 flags you can have for the items. Mostly out of interest of how the designer envisioned things.
11) I added that Warehouse, and I have to say, it's helping a lot. It's not perfect, but maybe it's that nice spot of not making the game TOO easy, but allowing me to micromanage. For example when I had way too much salt and the mineral cart had all salt and couldn't fit minerals, now I can make the salt "disappear" temporarily. Also I can now move all meat over to the processors. I just set the amounts high and it sucks it up over there and then I release it 100 at a time. But speaking of.
12) Can someone tell me the recipes, or RK could you please display the recipes for items in their production? I'm concerned I'm wasting time processing food because it does not seem to increase the amount. I'm concerned it increases the selling value of the food, but if I'm eating it then I don't care about price, I care about quantity. For example what are the numbers for the butcher? If I want to increase food quantity should I build a second smoker dryer salter or butcher?
13) Is there a listing somewhere of what the food items count as? What I mean is, I heard that happiness requires getting four food groups protein (meat), starch (grain), veg and fruit, but what for example is onions and roots, are they both veg? is there no difference besides cosmetic? I mean I can't control how much of each the gatherer collects so no reason to have separate items (except for cutesie). Also, are all gathered items veg? I've seen cranberry, are they veg or fruit? And mushroom? And are these all the same as the ones that can be grown in greenhouse.
14) what are seedlings for and how are they used?
15) I can't add "I see fire" which suggests it's included in RKEC but I can't find it anywhere in the menus, where is it?
16) I've added kids Barbeque, and I see I can sell the items in trade, but I can't find BBQ anywhere in menus, is RKEC hiding it somewhere? Possibly this would be a use for separating veg from meat!

Thanks guys for having answered most questions while i was sleeping :)

1) some other mods use feathers to make things like bed or coats

2) Why not REAL Ducks ? why CC wouldnt change their name instead of me and call them Flying Ducks ?

3) Copper is mostly used in tools, but also some building requirements.

4) lose a lovely citizens really hurts their family, if you werent ready, they will spent their lives not fully happy. it can take time to recover.

5) they create Bison Meat and double quantities of Leather when they are slaughtered.

6) Herdsmen help your animals grows, give quantities, breed and control numbers. it is really not good to let a pasture without workers. The animal will be dying over time and dont even get the meat and leathers.

7) Dentist , Barbershop , Clinics are same as an hospital. hospital can hold 30 patients. clinics 20 , and dentist/barbershop 10. there is no difference between a dentist and barber, only the name and the look of the building is different. it is useless to put them close each together, but you can put a barber in one part of the town, while a dentist in another part of the town. None of these replace an herbalist hut.

8) Greenhouses number are better than a crop for sure, and it is intended to be like that. but yeah as said, you need to count all workers in the chain (workers to get water... herdsmen/stablemen to get the fertilizers, farmers to get fodder...)

9) seeds are the way they have been done by the programmer of this game. if there is something, it is at him you should complain. we are for nothing in this and we cannot change the game mechanics.

10) as embx61 said : 20 flags are Edible | Fuel | Tool | Wood | Stone | Iron | Health | Clothing | Textile | Alcohol | Grain | Fruit | Vegetable | Protein | CoalFuel | Custom0 | Custom1 | Custom2 | Custom3 | Custom4 | Custom5 | Custom6 | Custom7 | Custom8 | Custom9;
the game started with the basics ones, and then, the community of modders asked for more and he gave us 10 more (custom0-9). we took a month stting all together (with CC crew) to decide what would be the best way to attribute them and we got an agreement. the agreement help us to stay compatible between the mods.

11) nothing to say since no question as been ask ^^. it serves its purpose. and it takes 100,000 years to trigger its merchant boats. because it is in reality, it is a trading post disguised in a warehouse. no way we can seperate the merchant boat from this UI.

12)  processed food. i can tell you, it is NEVER a waste to process the food in RKEC. it always give you +50% (uneducated) or +100% (if educated) although the numbers can be different, but it is always +50 or +100%
10 food will give 15 or 20 , and, 12 food will give 18 or 24. Uneducation is always bad, and it is very bad planning to not set up schools in a game.

13)  Use your common sense and use what you've learn so far in your life, a fruits is a fruit, a vegetable is a vegetable. an apple is a fruit... an onion is a vegetable. i admit sometimes things can be difficult to say like tomato, some considare it as a fruit, some as a vegetable. i personally set to fruit because it is what scientifics are doing so.
you are talking about cosmetic... it is really just cosmetic for you ? why do you bother to buy bananas in real life when you can get apples 365 days/year, in your next 80 years you will live ?
maybe you wants some changes ? a day you feel more for a banana ? maybe tommorow it would be fun to have a peach instead ? this is a game, a simulation, why you would care to give your citizens what you , you would love to get, if happended to be one of those citizens ? humanity ?

14) seedlings are a material requirement to "build" a decorative tree / decorative bush / decorative flowers. in 1.2 there will be more use like for the Orchard Foresters. it will take Wood, Stone, and Seedlings to build those buildings.

15)  I See Fire is not included in RKEC, For ISeeFire 1.0.7 you will find its icons in RK Decorations toolbar, should be the last one. For ISeeFire 1.0.6 you will find the icon in vanilla Services toolbar.

16) I do not hide other modder icons, even if i would want, not sure i could find a way to do it. ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

#12 but but the nomads all come uneducated.   seriously,am glad WOB has gone away from CC on this.it is a much appreciated and improved change. used to hate that before.start making processed food to help the bannies and food would drop.

donwolfkonecny

"Quote" doesn't seem to do anything on my windows chrome browser.

4) Ok so let's say I always have room in Cemetary. THEN there is no need for other happy buildings?

6) I found that if I don't have a Herdsman, a laborer will walk over and collect the manure. They still reproduce and I can turn one on long enough only to slaughter and collect. Or it would be interesting if they required Water and Fodder, either to speed up growth or to survive at all.
Techinically how does a herdman help a herd. I suspect it is unnecessary, I think herdsmen only collect stuff, which other laborers would do anyway. Do you think Herdsmen speed reproduction by 33% or something like that?

7) Just curious then, is there no other building that replaces Herbalist? Just curious, seems the only thing not modded.

8) I guess I didn't take into account the chain (would be hard to measure). So maybe greenhouses do overproduce, but it takes a lot to get to that production. But they still don't require seeds. Maybe I need one seedling for each year of greenhouse if I don't own the seeds?

12) Do you have a sheet of production recipes like EBs? I;d like to know how many food the butcher produces for input compared to salter and dryer and smoker.

13) To be honest, I don't think of Banished as a simulation. I think of it as a city builder/management. The difference being I don't care about the inhabitants, I only care about their happiness as far as it impacts their productivity, So if one food works for them then I would not grow two.
Now, an onion might offer more (or less) calories than an apple, or onion can be used for soup and apple cannot.

And you are right! A botanist says a fruit has seeds and vegetable not. So, many things we call vegetable are fruits - pumpkin is fruit, zuchini, tomato, eggplant, etc.

15)  When I enable "I see Fire" it turns red as well as EKEC turning red. Is this okay and I should proceed even though they are both red? Does one need to be above the other or something?

Thank you very much for all the useful information, guys!

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on November 12, 2018, 12:46:57 PM
"Quote" doesn't seem to do anything on my windows chrome browser.

4) Ok so let's say I always have room in Cemetary. THEN there is no need for other happy buildings?

6) I found that if I don't have a Herdsman, a laborer will walk over and collect the manure. They still reproduce and I can turn one on long enough only to slaughter and collect. Or it would be interesting if they required Water and Fodder, either to speed up growth or to survive at all.
Techinically how does a herdman help a herd. I suspect it is unnecessary, I think herdsmen only collect stuff, which other laborers would do anyway. Do you think Herdsmen speed reproduction by 33% or something like that?

7) Just curious then, is there no other building that replaces Herbalist? Just curious, seems the only thing not modded.

8) I guess I didn't take into account the chain (would be hard to measure). So maybe greenhouses do overproduce, but it takes a lot to get to that production. But they still don't require seeds. Maybe I need one seedling for each year of greenhouse if I don't own the seeds?

12) Do you have a sheet of production recipes like EBs? I;d like to know how many food the butcher produces for input compared to salter and dryer and smoker.

13) To be honest, I don't think of Banished as a simulation. I think of it as a city builder/management. The difference being I don't care about the inhabitants, I only care about their happiness as far as it impacts their productivity, So if one food works for them then I would not grow two.
Now, an onion might offer more (or less) calories than an apple, or onion can be used for soup and apple cannot.

And you are right! A botanist says a fruit has seeds and vegetable not. So, many things we call vegetable are fruits - pumpkin is fruit, zuchini, tomato, eggplant, etc.

15)  When I enable "I see Fire" it turns red as well as EKEC turning red. Is this okay and I should proceed even though they are both red? Does one need to be above the other or something?

Thank you very much for all the useful information, guys!

4) you have no need, but why you wouldnt put some after all ? i am happy not be one of your citizens :)

6) thats possible. we modders cannot see the game code.

7) yes, the Bath House. your citizens will take anything flagged as "health" (herb, potions, bandages or whatever CC name...) and get their +.5 heart.  BathHouse is designed more to be in middle of your town than an herbalist.

8) Game mechanics doesnt allow us to play with seeds outside crop/orchards.

12) i dont have a sheet. i will see if i can give you the numbers.

13) game doesnt care about calories.

15) mods turns red means nothing. 98% mods turns red when a good mod is ON. it doesnt mean conflict or error, it means something is shared.

RedKetchup

i just did a full compile of everything i did so far and enabled everything... and i am playing with it since a couple of hours...

i first loaded 2 of my big city different saves, and it loaded like a charm and no crash (2 on 2) and then started a new city...

i must say .....

if there is someone who will say this mod is not ..... just beautiful!
sorry but it would s-cks to be him or to be her because this mod..... is a powerful rainbow !!

theonlywanderer

I've been playing your RKEC for the last few days and it's been awesome!    I do miss a lot of your mods from using MM8.1, but that's okay because it's supposed to have limitations to create the challenge/puzzle aspect of it.

Currently at 444 citizens...    I got so focused on building up a new area on a peninsula and reworking the original settlement area to have more homes, that I completely missed something that caused my food reserves to drop from 40,000 to alert status.... OH NO!!!   I think it was a massive influx of births due to over building.  I tend to do that.    I hit pause and tossed up around (24) 11x11 crop fields and saved the day!!

It's a great stand alone option!

donwolfkonecny

Is something supposed to happen when I press "quote"? I would expect a reply to open with the post in questions text appearing in quotes, but nothing happens when I press quote.

brad writes     some food processors increase food units some uses more to produce less. this is a debatable point that has been around awhile.CC started this by increasing trade value of the end food be it a pie,bread,etc.since the trade value means nothing to the bannies,this way does not help them.a unit,whatever that be,of pie is not equal to a unit of wheat,flour,etc added together. i understand why CC did it their way.lately i question if this was the right way.most butchers anymore do work to make more meat out from whatever animal is cut up.

Can you say more about this? I would expect if I take apple and wheat and make a pie, I would expect that to be more food than the units that went into it, it sounds as though you are saying it is worth LESS food??? Why on earth would anyone want to do that??? Is it because it makes fewer pies and expects you to sell, not eat it?

After reading this
RK : you take 12 beef and make 24 steaks.
incase of some extra like smoke meats... you take 12 beef 1 firewood and get 24 smoked meat that stay at 3 value cause the firewood that imply(instead of 2 value with no extra intake) the thumb rule is always you double.

This implies that butchers etc produce double the count. But if it requires salt or firewood then the value is higher. So if I plan to eat the meat, I should use butcher& dryer , but if I plan to sell it then use salt & smokey, true?

So to summarize, it's a waste to let bannies eat bakery and pies and bread etc, though it's worth selling.
And some meats are profitable to eat, but some are only (or more) profitable to sell. True?

brads3

the quote button doesn't do much. you have to press the insert quote button on the post when you are in the respond page.

as RED said he has adjusted his food processing to give more food out than is put in. CC did it based on trade values they calculate work time and food total used to get a higher valued product.of course this does nothing to help the bannies. the argument comes from the "unit" measurement. is it by weight,count,or some other measurement? so 1 cake takes X amount of flour,and eggs,etc.but 1 cake would weigh more than those food ingredients totaled. over time of playing this game,i feel the old way is wrong. actually think both the trade value and amounts can be increased by procesing.RED and other modders have adjusted and do increase food with mods.that is parrt of banished we learn as we go both players and modders.

if you play CC,expect the dropoff of food. as you expand the town and start processing foods there is a double hit to the food use.1 you have to stock the new houses and feed the newborn children.2 the processing will use more food and produce less.you can have thousands of food extra stored and a few minutes later be in trouble. if you trade the high valued food away,you can bring tons more in.

different players have different styles and ways of playing. most of my towns try to be self-efficient. we don't trade away needed items of food or firewood.we try to produce what we need.normally i have extra clothing to trade for livestock and seeds. otherwise i try not to depend on trading. lately i have been working with the railroad mod, and it does make sence to trade or ship coal or other extra goods via the trains.

donwolfkonecny

Quote from: brads3 on November 15, 2018, 09:44:37 PM

Ah, you have to press it AFTER you create the reply! thanks!
I guess in reality that would be true, a cake weighs more than an apple, but as you say it doesn't make sense for food production. They could do "slice of pie" and have more slices than the input. But I guess I need to tell them that, not you. lol

donwolfkonecny

First I had too much fodder. Now I have stripped some areas of land, and I'm planting trees. But no fodder is growing there. Do trees prevent fodder? There are other areas I stripped where I'm not planting trees and nothing is growing there, trees fodder or flowers. How can I encourage fodder to grow? Does it only grow on a certain color terrain?

donwolfkonecny

Oh and I am unloading some bison from my warehouse. I'd like it to be deposited in TinyBarn A, but the stocker passes TinyBarn A and TinyBarn B, to drop it in TinyBarn C. Do they deposit randomly or can I control where they drop somehow? TinyBarn C was the first one built, I wonder if that's why it goes there. No the others are not full, less than half.