News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Rebalancing Colonial Charter. Making a Balance Patch/Mod.

Started by smurphys7, November 10, 2019, 04:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurphys7

I downloaded the toolkit.  I did the basic tests to make sure it functions.  I made the provided example mods and got them to work in the game.

I couldn't exactly get the Colonial Charter mod to work in the toolkit.  The mod showed as enabled.  It had an error about a specific CC Wall when loading.  I didn't see the CC menu.  I couldn't start the game on any CC maps or climates etc.  When I did start the game the CC UI seemed to be in place.  There were CC buildings etc. 

I couldn't figure out how to get the template files I edited to work in anyway whatsoever.  There were about a billion errors. 

I am no longer interested in learning how to mod.  I have the template files edited.  I am happy to edit files like this.  If anyone would like to turn this into a mod I can provide the template files.

RedKetchup

how do you call your templates ?

you need to not call "entire" template but only the numbers, the paragraph or function you are changing.

example:
      "Template/RawMaterialCharcoal.rsc:rawmaterial",

that way the toolkit will only process the values/quantities and skip all the models processing.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

smurphys7

I kept being told stuff like "oh yeah, you are going to need this file to compile" etc. etc.

Kralerg and I have decided to screw figuring out which files I need.  I'll do the tedious editing of all the files and he will do the complicated turning it into pkm for me.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: smurphys7 on December 17, 2019, 09:01:13 PM
Kralerg and I have decided to screw figuring out which files I need.  I'll do the tedious editing of all the files and he will do the complicated turning it into pkm for me.
He's a good guy.  And I'm sure this will make your life much easier.  Thanks for doing this work!

RedKetchup

Quote from: smurphys7 on December 17, 2019, 09:01:13 PM
I kept being told stuff like "oh yeah, you are going to need this file to compile" etc. etc.

can you copy paste your main resource file here ? so i can see where is your error ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

smurphys7

I don't think I even got that far.  I stopped messing with the Banished toolkit when I couldn't get finished, done, original, working Colonial Charter 1.76 to work inside of it.

I have template files for resources and buildings.  I have a pile of sprites in "Models" and "UI".  I have a ColonialCharterSpringTable file.  That's all I was sent. 

I don't really know anything about how Banished modding works.  I think I mentioned I did the tutorial and compiled the examples.  That's the extent of my knowledge of Banished modding.  It didn't seem like something I wanted to spend the time to learn when I can just edit the text files and someone else will compile it for me.