News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

happiness / unhappiness radius

Started by BlueFireChelle, May 19, 2018, 03:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFireChelle

Hi all,
I know there is a mod for it (which I am not currently playing with, but will install for next time) but is there a list somewhere of what the radius is for happiness/unhappiness for each of the main buildings?  I'm trying something different with a planned town and it would be helpful to map it out more than I usually do.
cheers!

Nilla

I have never sen a list and since this "advanced" happiness system is new, I don't think, there is one. @Tom Sawyer explained it in my blog this way:
QuoteWhat we already know is that there are 5 or actually 6 aspects:

"Safety" provided by wells to feel save from fire and let's say to have clean water. Easy to build and necessary anyway.
    "Health" or maybe better "quality of life" provided by a sauna in old times and by living in red cottages later. Cheap to build and without ongoing costs.
    "Goods" provided by markets, village shops and trading docks. Also a basic need and covered anyway in most cases.
    "Spirit" or "Religion" provided passiv by the chapel (the cemetery not in this mod because it already has an important function)
    "Spirit Bonus" provided by a priest working in the church given to members. It costs a full time worker which makes it only useful in mid and late game.
    "Entertainment" by Ale House and Tavern (if alcohol is stored) as final and most expensive aspect with ongoing costs.

People (at least with low population) seem to need minimum 3 aspects to then profit from the fourth and to reach 100% with the final ones. So you will not see an effect until you have solved the basic needs with wells, a sauna and a market and building at least one of the actual happiness providers (Alcohol or Religion).

I think it might be helpful for you. The buildings he describes are of course Nordic buildings but I think you can transfere it quite well also to other buildings. I know that hospitals bring "health happiness"and I think cemeteries "religious happiness". But since these bildings (except the cemateries) never had any reall affect on happiness, I´m not sure if all modded buildings have any radius at all.

From the vanilla buildings mines and quarries are said to have unhappiness radius, that's the only one I heard of.

BlueFireChelle

thanks for that. It was actually the unhappiness radius of the mine etc that I was most wanting to know about for my current town, although I'd like to make a complete planned city next so will have to really think it out. I wasn't sure how far away I needed to put them if I was making an "industrial area". 

Does unhappiness stack? ie. are three mines all together MUCH worse?

Even though I've been playing this game for well over a year now (maybe two??) I've never really tested all the variables, and it was only reading through old threads here that I even realised that sick people in the hospital infected people in an 8 block radius! I had always put my hospitals quite central. So it's good to check on the basics sometimes ;)

brads3

are you playing vanilla or the new NORTH? happiness doesn't have much impact to the game.TOM is working to adjust it so we will have to worry about it more though.

i don't worry about hospital placement,most diseases won't klll a ton of bannies. f my workers aren't loiteringthey are out in their workplaces. this keeps them out of the way. hospital is only 1 part of the issue anyhow. you would need to figure in the herbalist and market. the sick bannie goes to the market to find the herbs to tak to the herbalist or hospital.that will cause him to spread the disease. not counting where he was when he got sick.a blacksmith in the middle of town with herbs and a hospital nearby is controlled. a forest worker will bring it to town passing by farms.moving the hsopital just reverses who spreads it.

RedKetchup

they wont mostly die but they are still losing time to idle till they cure and lose some precious working time.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

@brads3, you mix things up. People who have deceases don't pick up herbs. They just go to the doctor. And on their way to the doctor and in the hospital, they do infect other people. In the time as they are ill, they don't produce and depending on what decease it is; something like 2-50% of the infected dies. So it's really worth to locate a hospital well. (unless you use a mod that take this effect away) Bannis need herbs to keep the general health (stars), that they may lose, if they have a poor diet. The only way these to "illnesses" are connected, is that it's more likely to catch a deceases(that can be cured by the doctor) if they have a poor health, that can be healed by herbalists.

But @brads3 is right; unless you use "Norseman" or "Ironman", all happiness buildings except the graveyard have no visible impact on the happiness and the gameplay. But you can use these mods in a vanilla game as well.

To the unhappiness radius. This is what I have seen so far in my games with the "new happiness system" There are some things I don´t undersand, so it might not be the whole truth.:

If you build a house inside a "unhappiness circle" no matter what, some people who live there, lose 2 stars happiness. If they are in the radius of all kind of happiness buildings, it might not be everyone, some may keep the 5 stars. But inside 2 unhappiness circles, everyone lose 2 stars. But on the other hand; even if they live inside 10 unhappiness circles, no one loses more than these 2 stars (unless a familymember dies).

brads3

i read that somewhere. maybe it is different with or without the hospital then. no i don't have a disease cheat mod. i do have a safety mod attached with the multi mines to help lower the accident deaths.

BlueFireChelle

@brads3  "
Quoteare you playing vanilla or the new NORTH? happiness doesn't have much impact to the game.TOM is working to adjust it so we will have to worry about it more though
."
Sorry, I should have mentioned, I'm playing Colonial Charter with a bunch of Red's and Kid's medieval and farm sorts of mods. I've not played The North at all yet. Waiting on my new computer before I start downloading more mods (my current laptop is maxed out).

I'll definitely be installing the happiness radius mod for my next game. But I'm looking forward to installing whatever-its-called modding-UI-debug thing that let's us see behind the scenes. The more I have read here, the more keen I am to know how it all works  :)