News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: LEGO Houses - slink (SJGL)

Started by slink, September 25, 2014, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

This is meant just for fun, and perhaps for learning.  It is both a usable mod and the source files that go with it.  It re-skins the stone houses in four primary colors while obliterating any detail provided by the normal skin, such as doors and windows.  It certainly removes the depressing aspect of stone houses, albeit in a rather silly way.   ;D

A person intent on learning how the skins are laid out could edit the six png files included in the package, recompile and package the mod, and make genuine stone house reskins.  I don't know if I have the patience required, but someone might.

Pangaea

Great stuff @slink. They sure do look different from the dark, depressing stone houses :D

How cool would it be with wholesale changes to the game's environment. I guess that's what the Desert guys are up to, and Blackwood. If you talented modders had access to the graphics files, I reckon all kinds of creative mods would come out.

rkelly17

Crazy fun! I notice that one of @Pangaea's citizens is getting cold. Does this mean that Lego is not a very good insulator?

Pangaea

It's actually the house lacking firewood. That may be a good thing, as I can't imagine a lego house would take too well to such a heat source.

Btw, I'm surprised the houses came out looking like that given what the png looks like.

irrelevant

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Denis de la Rive

solarscreen

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

slink

Quote from: Pangaea on September 25, 2014, 03:31:31 PM
How cool would it be with wholesale changes to the game's environment. I guess that's what the Desert guys are up to, and Blackwood. If you talented modders had access to the graphics files, I reckon all kinds of creative mods would come out.

They sure would.  I have an old, cheap graphics program that I run under WinXP on a virtual machine with which I can add all sorts of effects and play with the colors in ways I cannot do with Paint.  But I can't do diddly without the original png files.  It's so frustrating.

Quote from: Pangaea on September 25, 2014, 04:04:49 PM
Btw, I'm surprised the houses came out looking like that given what the png looks like.

Look at the png file for the apiary.  It's not at all straightforward, which part goes where.

Pangaea

Wow. That's quite the jigsaw puzzle.

RedKetchup

yeah i am unable to make those, it would take me like 3 weeks to make one. (if i would succeed)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .