News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The Mad Kings Maze

Started by Rahbek, October 13, 2014, 08:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rahbek

Greetings Brothers and sisters! Today I will tell you the story of the Mad Kings Maze.

The shadows of a dark age has finally left the kingdom of Mosbyton (ye...forgot changing map name when i created it ^^)

The kingdom has risen from beyond the mass graves of the nomad people being used as slaves to fulfill this Mad Kings desires.

10 years ago, in the year of 65, the beloved King got an idea, an idea that would cost the lives of hundred of slaves, purely to make the king and his offspring happy.. He wanted a maze, a maze to surround his castle, a maze like no other seen in the kingdoms. A maze you could enter and never come back!

But the king did not wish to wear down his own people, Having an enourmous kingdom, holding over 1500 strong men, women and children, and every house in his kingdom being filled to the brim, he decided to go with a less humane approach.

He hired nomads... Lots of nomads.. With the kingdom booming in materials and food, the nomads were well fed, but he was too greedy to build them houses. Therefor the nomads, should they accept the "invite" to the city, were doomed to live on the streets, and survive only by the breadcrumps left by the noblemen. The nomads were then forced into the castle garden, and whipped into working. The king had no intention of helping the poor nomads survive and work soon became a question of living or dying. 

As the nomads soon realised, being able to find your way through the maze became a question of life and death, as being lost in the cold winter night could prove fatal within the hour. Bodies was soon found piling up in the garden, only to be picked up and dumped in mass graves outside the city.

There was no god here, only the whip of a mad mans reign..

The maze was finally completed in the year 71, and quickly after its completion, the mad king and his family was assassinated. After the kings death, a person led by the entire town, rose up and took over the throne. With the promise of finally helping the nomads and building houses for one and all, he quickly became the king Mosbyton so desperately needed.

The historic monument still stand, because as crazy as the idea had been, the result has drawn many travelers to the country, and thus Mosbyton has risen, and is now greater than ever.

The king has unified the people, and his kingdom now holds over 2000 inhabitans, all healthy and happy.

Approximately 500 nomads has died in the creation of this maze.

Can you find your way through the maze without being lost? (The goal is the 3 archways between the two castles)

Facing west

Facing south

Facing North

One of the many smaller settlements keeping the city of Mosbyton alive :)

Hope you enjoyed my little tale ^^

If no one can find the solution to the maze, i'll post it :)

[EDIT] MORE PICS! :)

Building it:

irrelevant

Aw, yeah, excellent! :)

Jack Torrence isn't in there someplace, right? ;)

Rahbek

A minotaur or two might be lurking around the corner, but no Jack torrance ;)

solarscreen

I'm not loading the images for some reason.  @Rahbek you can always upload your images here in the gallery and link to them or attach them directly to a post.

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Bobbi

Rahbek

Just accepted another 600 nomads(2x300 at the same time) :P

at 2700 citizens atm

Looks awesome when the nomads run through the maze (They spawn at the castle in the middle)  - but not uploading pictures of that yet, as it would show the solution :P

RedKetchup

at least we know the game is good at path finding ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

OH GOD!!!
what a great job!!!  ;D
very nice!!
I had also thought of a labyrinth in my city .. but certainly nothing so ... HUGE !!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

Great!!!!
I have a small corn labyrinth in my town, but that is nothing compared to thisone, impressive!!!

salamander

rkelly17

Amazing! I can only imagine how long and how many builders it took to get it all finished.

slink

A Rahbek's Cube!  Well, Maze, anyway.   ;D

The mods you are using make it not even look like the same game.   :)

solarscreen

The mods are really letting everyone build beautiful villages!

I LOVE IT!

Very nice work @Rahbek !
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics