News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Download compatibility

Started by PreferredBuilder, November 30, 2019, 10:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreferredBuilder

Hey Guys,
Was just wondering exactly how to use this mod list and how to download them so I can use them in game. It seems that all this is not included in Steamshop and the content here with the community is great. Any help would be useful as I am not much of a computer guy.

Goblin Girl

Click the download button.  Then you'll need to use a file extraction program like winrar to extract the mod to c:\Program Files\Shining Rock\Banished\WinData

Just so you know, anytime you make any change to the WinData folder or when you rearrange load order, enable or disable even a single mod, you MUST then start a game and then exit the program completely.  If you just use Quit instead of Exit, your game will crash. 

Jewelz

Start a brand new game? or load a saved game?

moonbelf

Quote from: Goblin Girl on November 30, 2019, 10:37:14 AM
Click the download button.  Then you'll need to use a file extraction program like winrar to extract the mod to c:\Program Files\Shining Rock\Banished\WinData

Just so you know, anytime you make any change to the WinData folder or when you rearrange load order, enable or disable even a single mod, you MUST then start a game and then exit the program completely.  If you just use Quit instead of Exit, your game will crash. 

@Goblin Girl Excellent instructions! Just one thing. If you're using Win10 you don't need to download an extraction program. Win10 will extract.

galensgranny

Jewelz, if yuo are making a change to to mod list, start a brand new game.  Save, then exit the game.  Restart the game.   Many mods won't be added to a saved game, even if the mod is enabled.  However, it might be fine in a saved game if all you did was change the load order of mods that do affect starting conditions.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: moonbelf on November 30, 2019, 01:47:31 PM
If you're using Win10 you don't need to download an extraction program. Win10 will extract.
It will?  I had no idea!  So you're saying I no longer need winrar? Huh.

quickee

moonbelf

Quote from: Goblin Girl on November 30, 2019, 04:22:16 PM
Quote from: moonbelf on November 30, 2019, 01:47:31 PM
If you're using Win10 you don't need to download an extraction program. Win10 will extract.
It will?  I had no idea!  So you're saying I no longer need winrar? Huh.

@Goblin Girl I take it back. Need something else to extract a rar file. My bad and my apologies.

Goblin Girl

No worries, @moonbelf !  Windows has always been able to extract zip files, so you probably just got confused.  :)

Hawk

Quote from: Goblin Girl on December 01, 2019, 05:00:45 PM
Windows has always been able to extract zip files, so you probably just got confused.  :)

Actually, that didn't start until Windows ME. You had to use a third party utility in Win 2000, 98 and all versions prior.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Goblin Girl

Quote from: Hawk on December 03, 2019, 06:03:16 AM
Actually, that didn't start until Windows ME. You had to use a third party utility in Win 2000, 98 and all versions prior.
And now that you said that, I'm remembering a little program called PKunzip.  Gosh, that was a long time ago. 

While we're walking down memory lane, I'll mention that while I was packing my stuff back in May, I found a box of 5.25 floppy disks.  With games on them.

moonbelf

Quote from: Goblin Girl on December 07, 2019, 04:42:24 PM
Quote from: Hawk on December 03, 2019, 06:03:16 AM
And now that you said that, I'm remembering a little program called PKunzip.  Gosh, that was a long time ago. 

While we're walking down memory lane, I'll mention that while I was packing my stuff back in May, I found a box of 5.25 floppy disks.  With games on them.

LOL I have some games on floppy and also the small square discs. I should toss them all lol

Hawk

A also remember PKUnZip. WOW! I'd forgot about that one.  ;D

I think I still have some 3.5 floppies with Win 3.1 on them.  ::)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]