News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mark's Ramblings

Started by MarkAnthony, August 31, 2019, 02:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

which main mod were you using with the mild settings? you might get 1 bad year but overall the years should be warmer. if not, then i wonder if the mod has flaws.

MarkAnthony

Good morning Brad,

This Mild climate setting was used in my KidMexico game using the Landscape Nordic start mod. I don't recall what the higher temperatures were but I'm hitting lows of 9° and 5° F and hovering in the upper 20's° a lot. Planting occasionally starts in May and early frost hits about September often times. I use the smaller field and orchard sizes: 11x11 (847) or 15x8 (840) fields; 15x4 (520) or 7x10 (520) orchards - perfect for one Farmer but I think I'll just have to wait for my population to grow and start using two per to get it cleared in time. I sometimes start harvest early like at 65% yield but that's still not a guarantee they'll get finished in time. 

My seeds were Squash and Beans and Pecans.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

brads3

the nordic climate take the temps way north.so a mid climate that way is harder than a vanilla mild.i actually use that climate setting. it brings the climate closer to where i ive on the PA-NY state border. the vanilla mild pushese maps south closer to Virginia.hard part with it is the crops like 70 degrees to grow and the temps dont stay at or above 70 very long.it doesn't just make the growing season shorter it slows growth during summer too. it definetly makes it much harder to produce food.

MarkAnthony

Mosquito, Year 2 - Kid's Swamp

I know this screenshot maybe doesn't show much but can anyone think of a reason why my Laborers and employed workers are no longer using the barn and stockpiles to put the stuff away? That starting barn and stockpile was used plenty in year 1 and part of year 2. The stockpile even got to 100% and I built that second one next to the crop field. Then instead of using the second stockpile they started dropping all the iron between the stockpile and crop field. And the barn is only 12% full yet they toss the stuff down in the alleys on the sides instead.

What gives? Any idea? I'm not mixing mods, just a couple of Kid's stuff.

brads3

hmmm they are just being bannies? could they have locked that space to another item, such as did you send them to clear trees across a river? do you have a market with a vendor and the game has him picking these scattered piles up?did you prioritze something and that called them away? they all stopped for lunch or got cold? i don't think you hit a limit, but that can cause this.

weird things have happened to barns off and on.ike emptying them for no apparent reason. that was more comon to CC thou. theory is that as a new item became available the space in the barn had to be reset.sometimes barns or markets  fill to a % of different items.so like % tools,%food,% clothing,etc. as a new tool type or item was added to the inventory the barns would be emptied and restocked with the new calculations.

thou i said that happened to CC,it could have been the MM version which does include many mods.

Nilla

It sounds weird. I might have an even weirder explanation; I see some homeless people. Are they really homeless or are they locked up somewhere where they can´t escape? I can see some of them around that houseboat. It´s been a while since I used any houseboats but they are tricky. You need land access to one special tile of the boat. I can see a jetty piece behind the boat but it´s not clear to see if it´s the right piece that´s connected. Check that (and other houseboats) and see if things will sort out. Bannis are acting even much weirder than usual if only one of them is locked in a place they mean they can´t escape from. The same thing may also happen when you are building jetties; if you are building two at the same time and the piece not connected to the shore is done first. The builders on the finished part stay there, get the homeless sign and other Bannis start to "play nuts" as well. 

irrelevant

MarkAnthony

Hi Nilla, nah... the Market Boat is all good, they come and go and I never saw anyone get stuck. The jetty goes about 3/4 of the way around boxing it in kind of and they go in from both sides of the boat. Those homeless are really homeless, at the bottom of the screen you see I was in the process of building the last home for them but then I was getting spammed about being "out of iron" when I got iron laying around all over the place except where it's supposed to be... in a stockpile that's going unused... and barn too!

No worries though, for them it will all have been a dream for I'll delete the game and restart it since I was only in year 2.  I'm going to change up the mods a bit and Abandoned suggested another one to me so I'll try that too. This game was using 42 mods, next will be with 33 instead.

I love playing with tons of stuff, it's nice to have many choices on what to give them all to spend their days on, but at the same time I don't like tons of toolbar buttons either so I'm dropping a few mods to lessen my button-clicking / searching.   ;D

MarkAnthony

Quote from: Nilla on September 19, 2019, 01:11:10 AM
The same thing may also happen when you are building jetties; if you are building two at the same time and the piece not connected to the shore is done first. The builders on the finished part stay there, get the homeless sign and other Bannis start to "play nuts" as well.
Yeah, that's happened to me once before, maybe twice I forget but at least I was babysitting the job while it was being worked on. I'm talking to the builder saying to them, "Now look what you did! How do you expect to get off of there by building that last piece first? Hmm..., sit tight and have a sandwich while I go fetch someone to save you."  -- "What a dimwit", I say to myself as I go to assign another builder.

He's lucky I was there though, I think if it was left up to the rest of the villagers they may have "voted him off the island" and left him there.   :P

brads3

yeah,mods give you many options but we spend time looking for which building will look good here or there.then there is the confusion of which can we build with the materials we have. once you pull a mod out then that is the 1 you want or need too. playing with many mods brings its own confusions and frustrations.

i caution new players to make a list, BEFORE you ever add any mods, of what you want the game to be or what you want in it. it is so easy to get lost in the forest of mods and it can become a jungle.

brads3

i fought your Gremlins today. why did you send them back? i am scratched up and my anke is sore from running from RED's rattlesnake.  only heard it.

mod order
new Pine Flora patch,Crystal Cliffs, and pine 1.04 above RKEC works. the Crystal Cliffs seems to patch the pine and RK. do think this would work with the 1.05 pine but did not test it. this way i get rid of the crashing when changing to RED's starts.

i think or hope my mod order is safe from any more Gremlins.

MarkAnthony

I haven't really been playing any games the last couple of days but I have been messing around with nearly all of Kid's mods and digging in and discovering all he has created. I got 105 of Kid's mods in my WinData folder; of those Kid has 11 starting mods: 3 for terrain, 4 themed starter mods, 2 climate mods, 1 aging mod, 1 wildlife mod. Picking 1 or 2 of those to start with leaves me with his other 94 mods to pick and choose from.

Well, last night I had the hair-brained idea of ' What'd happen if I said, "what the hell..." and loaded them all?'  So I uhmm... did!   :P

Holly molly! Kid created his own Mega!!! ... (I won't repeat that name here but you get where I am going) .  I call it, Kid's World and his entire collection I refer to as Kid's Kreations!  :D

I was going through each and every button and F-variant and wow, Kid has made so many great looking things and some are quite creative and unique. I am really impressed with all he has done and the time spent working on it all.

So far I have been in two KidMexico games, two Swamp games and this morning I am headed home to an old love of mine - the wild west and ghost towns! I have his KidGhostTown starter mod loaded, and added KidAbandonedPlaces, KidOldTown, KidWildWest, KidWindSawmill and a couple of other miscellaneous ones for markets and storage.

I think I will enjoy spending some time here.

brads3

KID has made a lot over the years. a ton of options to fit any game. most do work well with the other collection mods. you say 105 mods. did you go thru the older 1.06 list? that still wouldn't include upgrades that he has done. the Rowhouse mod set was upgraded 5 or 6 times and expanded.
i actually still use an older version. as his mood changes we get  a mixture of options.

there was a change in honey along the way.use the GF farm od high in KID's group and all honey should be interchangeable and work between all workplaces.

MarkAnthony

Yeah, I went through 1.06 and 1.07, from various threads, some that are hidden in Abandoned's stories, on his Nexus site and that's about it. I only download the latest version of each, I don't get every update for every mod mostly because I see no way to get the older ones really - maybe Nexus has the different versions. But yeah 105 mods comes nearly close to all of them that I can tell. I did forget to count the UI mods he made for me, I forgot those so maybe an extra 4 or 5 there.  Yeah also, there are a few I did purposely skip but I can't think of what ones they are - but I grabbed the ones that interested me anyhow.

Anyhow, thanks for the tip about the KidGothicFarm fixing honey for all the other mods.

MarkAnthony

I'm looking for a stand alone canal mod to cut through land masses for boat traders. To my knowledge Red's NMT Canals is not standalone right? And EB's Ground Irrigation and EB's Natural Irrigation do not function as canals for boat traders, is this also correct?

Speaking of EB's irrigation mods, do those serve any real function in game other than eye-candy? I mean, if you lead irrigation to fields and orchards will that actually help to speed up or increase outputs?

Thanks.

EDIT: Maybe this was removed from WoB Downloads? But I see this referenced in a few threads here -- NMT3.1 Series: Canal set 1.0.7  That sounds like a standalone mod to me but I am unable to find a download link or page for it.