News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trying out RK Editor Choice Edition

Started by galensgranny, January 15, 2018, 09:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

@Hawk  you can add CC no rain mod if you want to get rid of the rain and fog.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i am quite more satisfied with my last numbers about grass/flowers spawning :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 16, 2018, 12:13:38 PM
i am quite more satisfied with my last numbers about grass/flowers spawning :)

yup i like so much last build.... i am sending right away the BetaTest05.zip :)
i wont make the 06 before couple of days, maybe a week :) time to included many things

Hawk

Quote from: brads3 on January 16, 2018, 10:31:04 AM

I'll look into that. Where is it; over at BlackLiquid?

I am trying to run this mod with no other mods, but I did have to include the Flatten Terrain mod by GimmieCat.  ;D
That CC mod shouldn't affect the this mod at all though.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Hawk

I looked over at BlackLiquid and did not find a mod named no rain. I did find one over there that said CC: Light Rain Effect by ShockPuppet. The description said;

QuoteReplaces Rain with a light occasional rain. Does not affect snow.

Doesn't say anything about the fog.

I also have a mod named LessFog. Not sure where I found it or who made it. The description says;

QuoteNot a perfect solution, and you'll still get fog when you zoom the camera out during normal weather. But while it rains or snows, your vision will be perfectly clear.

Isn't that the same thing that the Show weather effects in the Game Options tab unchecked does?

Zoomed out all the way is where I got the fog in my screenshots. Zooming in eliminates the fog.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

brads3

I checked too.the lite rain is the file but mine is older.not sure if there has been any changes or if it is just due to the site change that occurred. if the fog onl;y bothers whwn you are zoomed out all the way,i wouldn't bother with it.since you only see the fog zoomed out,i wonder if it is computer graphic fog not the game itself.

Hawk

I think it's the game itself. That zoomed out fog has been mentioned before by others.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Discrepancy

@Hawk , I just put a mod together to see about that and you are correct, I can't get that fog to completely disappear either.

Anyway this mod will replace the particle textures of the Rain and Snow to be blank clear textures. So it will still Rain and Snow, you just won't see it.

I lightened the fog a little I think... not completely sure though if the change i did there actually did anything.

**post edit -- removed mod download

Hawk

I'll check it out on my end with Red's mod.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Hawk

@Discrepancy - Here's a couple screenshots showing the difference with and without your new mod.
The first one is without.

Just curious; how is this different than the Game Option to 'Show weather effects' unchecked?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Discrepancy

haha, nothing by the looks of it. I'd forgotten there was even an option for that.

Discrepancy

okay we try again,

@Hawk ,

delete the last mod, this one here will remove the fog - but you must also have the Show weather effects unchecked in the options menu, otherwise the clouds will come with the rain/snow.

elemental

Quote from: Hawk on January 16, 2018, 03:19:45 PM

I'll look into that. Where is it; over at BlackLiquid?

I am trying to run this mod with no other mods, but I did have to include the Flatten Terrain mod by GimmieCat.  ;D
That CC mod shouldn't affect the this mod at all though.

No Rain mod is on Steam, not BL. BL made a Light rain mod but that's not the same thing.

If you aren't using Steam you can have my copy of No Rain. You might also like No Wind, which kills that slightly annoying wind noise you get when you zoom out.

Hawk

@Discrepancy - Thanks! I'll check it out, but probably not tonight. I'm busy in the kitchen right now, making pasta sauce - from scratch. YUM!  :)

@elemental - No, I'm not on Steam but with the Show weather effects option unchecked you don't get any rain anyway, or snowfall. Just snow on the ground.

As for the wind mod, I kind'a like that sound, when I have my headphones on.  :)

Thanks for the links though. Much appreciated. I did download them, just for the heck of it. I might try them out.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]