News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Packs of Minimaps JPGs of seeds (100) Large Valley

Started by RedKetchup, August 13, 2014, 10:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

it happends sometimes i use AutoKey scripts to do some batchs and ranges of seeds and i ask to take a screenshot of the minimap which i resize 300% for better view of the map.
they give a very good idea of what that seed looks like. each pack of 100 seeds (8100-8199 for example) have between 15mo-24mo. zipped at optimal compression.

do you want me to post them ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

rkelly17

irrelevant

@RedKetchup Thanks for these; very helpful! I expect I'll be using one of these maps very soon ;)

RedKetchup

some range have 1 or 2 excellent map, need to find them like a needle in a ....
and some are very good range, if i think back about the 75xx, which unfortunatly, i didnt kept the minimaps back in the day, only numbers on a paper. i ll try to redo sometimes soon.
i saw 3 good in 81xx (i use one for Cheyenne, my new city)
and some range are ugly, but sometimes it s only cause i search for a 5000pop map, sometimes there are some extremly interessant, and beautiful settings, without maybe holding more than 2k, but are very beautiful.

when i ll start the waterfront challenge... i ll use one of those, i saw extremly very nice ones for that challenge  ;D

RedKetchup

it takes 75mins to my computer to do a range of 100 (1h15) but sometimes it bug and stop. it's when the prog do an [ESC] and call the menu to go click on 'map' to screenshot the seed.. it bugs or take too much time (pc occupied by something else, services) so when 'it click' on the 'map button' it wasnt 'appeared' yet so it clicks on nothing, and everything 'breaks and bug'
i tried to fix it by asking the program to count up to 2 secondes before clicking but ... seems doesnt work. when i gone to bed, yesterday, i asked to do from 8200 to 8999 which should have take 8h-10hrs... but after 150 seeds around that, at 8253 , it bugged out and stopped there.

i ask to do a screenshot of the map seed number to be sure i have the good number... i guess i am not obligated but i would need to really be sure to setup everything without any doubts.

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 14, 2014, 02:18:44 PM
when i ll start the waterfront challenge... i ll use one of those, i saw extremly very nice ones for that challenge  ;D

....which are exactly the wrong ones for 5000 pop ;D

rkelly17

MarkAnthony

Hi.

A tiny bit off-topic. When using a seed number that someone may suggest, does everyone always start at the exact same location within the map? Or is the seed# map always the same but the starting locations within that map are random?

Thanks
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

RedKetchup

Quote from: MarkAnthony on June 20, 2019, 10:24:33 AM
Hi.

A tiny bit off-topic. When using a seed number that someone may suggest, does everyone always start at the exact same location within the map? Or is the seed# map always the same but the starting locations within that map are random?

Thanks

the staring location is in the middle till it doesnt have water.
the randomness will depend of the randomness of the terrain. but same RNG seed number will always place the starting zone at same place because the terrain will have the exact same shape.

MarkAnthony

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

Nilla

Just a remark; I don´t think that these map seed numbers from 2014 are still valid. Something happened with the map generator by some upgrade quite some time ago.

Abandoned

One thing to keep in mind about recommended map seed, the maps will turn out differently using different mods, a stream may be in a different place, an extra small lake, etc.  The same map seed does not always generate the same map unless everything is the same.

RedKetchup

yeah i deleted the post with the .zips.

rng is rng, change 1 number in the rng, 1 more tree to plant.... and everything else in the chain of rng has changed and gave you a different map ....