News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Pictures from Linntown

Started by catty-cb, June 23, 2020, 04:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty-cb

The plan is to make the small island a park/nature preserve with a canal between the small island and the larger island which is where the walled village/city will be built, I have downloaded the gridlines mod so I can work out the best place to add in the walls without having to go back and redo sections if I get the wall location in the wrong place

catty-cb

Close up of park / nature preserve area and the next two pictures is the section of canal that has the trading post on it and then the mill, I should mention that I tend to do a lot of building then decide I don't like it and rebuild it.

Final picture is the start of the village walls am using Kid1293 Gothic Fantasy mod and the sections that will also allow people to live inside it, which is why you can see windows and doors in them

catty-cb

At this point I took an overview picture and decided that I needed to change the storage barn area next to the trading post

brads3

good to see another blogger.

Artfactial

That's a wonderful ma and idea.:)
RK's undergrowth helps so much in making nature come alive and varied.

catty-cb

Quote from: brads3 on June 23, 2020, 07:04:54 AM
good to see another blogger.

Have a great deal of respect for the Banished Bloggers like @Abandoned but that's not me I'm afraid ... its going to be the odd picture with a brief note on it, as in the attached picture is showing the changes made to the trading post side of the canal.

Quote from: Artfactial on June 24, 2020, 12:26:20 AM
....RK's undergrowth helps so much in making nature come alive and varied.

Yes I would have loved to have used the RKEditorChoiceEdition mod, but computer slows down to much, as it is I have to switch off the shadows unless I'm taking a picture

pezet

amazing map! would you mind to share the map seed with us? :)

catty-cb

Sure will its Mapseed: 92688 from [CC] Lake Waters and the Terrain Size is set to Large

catty-cb

Another three pictures, the first is from the canal or north side of the island and still doing the odd bit of tweaking here and there, but pretty much building is complete, the second two pictures are showing the west side of the island and the start of the building on the south side of the island.

The west side of the island is where the cemetery is located and eventually between the two cemetery sections will be a church, but a number of the villagers got sick so have temporarily added a doctor + herbalist, they will eventually be moved within the walls.

The last picture shows the start of the new trading posts, I try and avoid cheating so am spending a lot of time waiting for things to arrive at the canal trading post or for it to be built so am building some of  @Discrepancy trading posts to get more building materials, crafted items and raw materials

:)

Jewelz

catty-cb

Quote from: Jewelz on July 22, 2020, 07:43:41 AM
How's this going, Catty-cb?

Plodding along have been mainly concentrating on food production as the population has increased to 163, so have expanded the trading post canal on the north side of the island to include some jetties (fish drying and shellfish, etc).

Have started building within the walls, so now have chickens, cows and sheep and have moved the doctors inside, added a marketplace and a few greenhouses.

Have been a few changes to the trading post on the southside of the island, still a work in progress and have merged Bodiam Castle into the wall towers, knocked down the doctor + herbalist that was between the two cemeteries in preparation for building a church.

Once that's done, need to start looking around for a suitable place to re-build the school as that got knocked down when I added in the marketplace.

:)

catty-cb

Not a lot to report am still building walls, but am on the home stretch as I just have one corner left to do, once the walls are finished I can make a decision as to where the railway is going and can also make a proper start on building on the land inside the walls, at the moment its a bit of mess and I need to stop relying on traders to deliver bricks, etc

Anyway here are some overview pictures