News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The Storm Keep

Started by DrNiggle, March 05, 2021, 10:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrNiggle

My last post here was in June of last year and now that I'm about done with the town I started then, I thought of this place again and wanted to come by and show what happened. Thank you again to you mod makers and community builders; this town is 90% mods and wouldn't exist without you.

The Storm Keep
Home to ~550 people. Located on an ocean inlet, it's become a major trading hub offering food of all kinds, timber, clothing, beer and ale and strong ale and mead and wine, jewelry, noble armor, fine weapons, perfume, potions, glass, tools, and a lot of silver.

The inner bailey contains the Keep and noble housing and overlooks the farmland. The outer baily contains the old cathedral (Notre Dame), most of the greenhouse food production, the more advanced blacksmiths, gem cutters, glass blowers, potion makers, and the town common. Market street has every vendor you could ask for and the cathedral gardens lead to the open town common where all the food venders are. Past the common and out the gate are the docks, and a bridge directly across the channel leads to Eastwatch by the Sea.

On the other end of the outer baily outside the wall is Oldtown where I started off. Lots of pale yellow stone. Down main street, parallel to the wall, leads to the Globe Theatre and the mining bridge. Over the bridge is Southwatch which contains the new cathedral and the primary grazing land for food going to the docks.

The Dock District is wedged into Oldtown and Southwatch. It starts at the Broadway tower and extends to the forest island to the south and is a town in its own right with greenhouses and blacksmiths and tailors. A network of channels and bridges allows larger ships to sail through and around it, and lets people walk from Southwatch to Oldtown (if they want the scenic route).

DrNiggle

(it was a lot of images)

theonlywanderer

angainor88

Gatherer

It looks absolutely fantastic!!!
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

banishedsanni

WOW!

Did the town grow, I mean did u start with like 5 families and slowly created this town while keeping your bannies alive, or did you build the town with debug menu?

Kristahfer

So very beautiful. A real work of art.

theonlywanderer

Nilla

banishedsanni

Quote from: theonlywanderer on March 07, 2021, 06:24:44 PM
@banishedsanni

Does it really matter?   

@theonlywanderer it seems to me that u misunderstand my question as negative criticism. It is not. Im just curious.

In the name of curiosity - it does matter.

Glenn

Yes I think you are correct, it does matter and is not negative in any way.

I imaging some people like to debug all the time, and some do not  - I debug fences as it is too easy to make a mistake and correcting your error is a pain, but otherwise I build by gathering resources

The game is about enjoying the building experience and methods such as debug or using mods such as more stone only enhance the game as you play it.

theonlywanderer

@banishedsanni

I just don't see how or why it matters.   Maybe this guy has already accomplished everything there is to do with Banished and likes to mess around with just building?

As for me, I can run through any starting scenario of Banished that exists, without a problem, and for however long I would want and without cheating.  I've also accomplished three rounds of all achievements on one map, which is quite a difficult challenge.   Yet, I often prefer to use debug now when I just want to mess around building out a map for fun because it's just quicker.  I already know what I can achieve , so what difference does it make other then how much time it takes?

Glenn

I think we should all just enjoy the game and play it the way that suits us best,  whether it be debug or built.

The Storm Keep is beautiful for the style that it is - it isn't a farming community or a fairy kingdom - it is a town built on and around a lake and it looks great.

I hope it gave its creator hours of enjoyment while it was built.

banishedsanni

Quote from: theonlywanderer on March 08, 2021, 05:01:40 PM
@banishedsanni

I just don't see how or why it matters.   Maybe this guy has already accomplished everything there is to do with Banished and likes to mess around with just building?

Did I say anything different? Im just fkng curious! *rolleyes*
It is NOT- i repeat - IT IS NOT about criticising his style of gameplay. He wants to mess around with just building? FINE FOR ME! I just wanna know. Stop seeing my question negative. It is just innocent curiosity.

theonlywanderer

@banishedsanni

Not sure why you are getting so angry with me either.   I was "just curious" why you were asking them that.