News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Herb Patch?

Started by River, July 15, 2021, 12:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

This mini herb patch is like all other of Kid's patches, hedgerows, and farmyards.  They have no other function than to produce  food (some farmyards produce clothes, tools, and firewood).  Some hedgerows produce herbs.

Almost all of Kid's main mods have herbalist to match the set.  Other than a Mini Warehouse and now Mini Herb Patch, Kid has no mod called Mini.  Black Liquid/CC has a Mini Building mod. 

Some of Kid's bakeries produce herb bread so a patch of herbs to supplement the herbs gathered from the wild is nice to have.  There would be no problem using this herb patch with any of Kid's mods.

River

Ok, then. Sorry Kid!! It is replacing the Black Liquid Mini Herbalist. Here, let me show you what comes up in my games.

Example 1: It appears to replace the original herbalist in the Mini Buildings set. When I choose it, it only brings up the herb patch, not the herbalist.

Example 2: It also shows up here in Tiny, where I think it is supposed to be? And again, all I get is the herb patch.

So, in Mini Buildings, I have lost the original herbalist, and am forced to use another herbalist from another set. I hope this clears up for you what I am seeing.  Abandon, since it is your patch, maybe you can fix it somehow?  :)
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

kid1293

@River Okay. I changed all inside to Tiny instead of Mini.
Model, textures, icons, code.

I haven't tested yet. (busy,busy,busy...) :)

Tell me if it works :)

Here is the download
edit - I have updated the Herb Patch with a small flax patch.
Could be useful. ( It is Tany's New Flora Flax! )

Abandoned

Just to clarify, Mini/Tiny Herb Patch is not my mod, I am not a modder.  I just make suggestions and requests and help with matching and supplementing other Kid mods, more of an advisor and tester than anything else.  I write blog stories featuring Kid's mods.  Kid and I work well together.  :)

Glad problem was sorted out  :) - herb patch and herbalist are 2 different things - and mini buildings is not one of Kid's mods.

River

Yes, I know it's not Kids. But thanks Kid for changing the name, I knew it had to be something like that, that the game would over ride another mod.

Hope I didn't make either of you angry, I just thought you'd want it corrected. As a modder myself, I understand things need to be correctly stated.
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

kid1293

No problems :)
As long as you find bugs and errors, you do me a favor.
I usually can fix small things immediately. I have the time.

kid1293

Check back in this thread. Herb Patch is updated with a Flax Patch.
Good for making those Linen clothes.
I use Tany's Flax from New Flora. Not all use New Flora, but I use that flax in
my tailors and workshops. So...here it is. :)