News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kringleton (Christmas in July)

Started by Bluebird88, July 28, 2021, 10:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluebird88

Some photos of Kringleton, my town inspired by Kid's Christmas mod. My challenge to myself was to end with a sustainable town that only produced Christmas products. Mulled wine pays for nearly everything, supplemented by toys and candy (which mostly trade for coffee, tea, and rum to stock the inns & pubs). This was my first time using decorations or really focusing on aesthetics.

Overview of the mulled wine production hub, with Main Street above and a glimpse of the rural farms on the top left:

Closer view of mulled wine production:

The farms - the idea was that some citizens who preferred a moral rural lifestyle moved out of the city and experimented with new greenhouse crops and farm animals. They supply milk, eggs, sugar, and cocoa to the Christmas food/drink/candy vendors throughout the town.

The old town, that retains the aesthetic of the old fishing village & now houses mostly traders (and workers to staff the local Christmas food and drink stands)

Close up of Main Street, with Christmas-themed buildings/houses on one side, a wide boulevard with seating to enjoy the town Christmas trees, and shops on the other side selling toys, julmust, eggnog, and four flavors of candy:

And the skating pond and refreshment area where skaters and spectators can rest and warm up with plum cake, gingerbread, hot chocolate, mulled wine, roasted chestnuts, roasted corn, baked apples, or baked potatoes. (The divine smells seem to be attractive to polar bears as well!)

Abandoned

Christmas in July  :)  How nice.  :)  Always nice to see pictures, a lot of work went into this map.  Mulled wine is worth it  :)  Nice job

Bluebird88

Thanks so much! Your gorgeous village blogs inspired me to start experimenting with a more aesthetics-focused approach :)