Main Menu

Abandoned -Wildwood (Deadwood Part2) - Story 78

Started by Abandoned, February 28, 2022, 06:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Abandoned

Abandoned

Chapter 18

We were all eating pretty good here in Wildwood.  Not only did we have the cow shed for milk or beef and the pig shed for pork, we had the chicken shed for eggs or chicken, the goat shed for goat milk, and the sheep shed for mutton or wool.  We had a corn crib and 3 greenhouses:  a grain house for growing corn and oats, a soup house for carrots, cabbage, onions, and potatoes, and a salsa house for tomatoes, peppers, and squash. We had 2 gatherer's shed for collecting wild foods, and we had thatch patches to feed some of the animals.  We had a kitchen, a dairy, a baker with build in mill, a smokery, and a tailor.  There were matching storage sheds and houses also.  Along with our hedgerow berries and rabbits and a little trade, our town of Wildwood was doing quite well indeed. 

Abandoned

Kid Animal Shed Plus update has been released.  Find info and link to download here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3854.0

Abandoned

Chapter 19

Wildwood?  I don't quite know when our town got the name of Wildwood.  I suppose it was after people from other towns wanted to know where the river boatman was getting the wood statues from.  He would tell them Wildwood.  We had been calling my garden the wildwood garden because of the wildlife wood statues Woodman made. Two more statues were added to my garden, a wolf and a moose.  The town just somehow became known as Wildwood. 

As I said, the town is doing quite well after 9 years.  The population is 112, 70 adults, 23 students, and 19 young children.  They are all healthy and happy.  We have 42 families but only 31 houses.  The old boarding house is still across the river for anyone coming through the tunnel to use.  Most of the houses are in the main part of town but the west valley has almost as many with more new houses being built all the time for young couples wanting a place of their own.  Four house and a small park have only recently been built just past the corn crib.  In that park there is a statue of a squirrel and a fox and a new one of a pair of rabbits.  One last statue was being added to my wildwood garden just as the snow began to fall.

Abandoned

Chapter 20

Woodman said there was only one thing missing from my wildwood garden and that was a statue of the little elf girl who kept him company and entertained with her little wildlife friends all the while he was a man of wood in the Deadwood Forest.  He carved a statue of his little elf girl for my garden.

Those years in the Deadwood Forest seem so long ago now but it really wasn't all that long ago that we came here with the peddler's cart and the old donkey.  He is alive and doing well, we visit him every day even in winter.  He especially likes being outside in spring just like the rest of us.

The Wildwood Garden is even more beautiful when the spring flowers and shrubs are blooming.  Woodman and I spend a lot of time in the garden with and without the children who are both in school now.  We are all very happy.  I am even more convinced that everything happens for a reason and what is meant to be, will be. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcWbZUgymkw

Happy First Day of Spring, weary traveler. 

The End

Abandoned

taniu

@ Abandoned  ;D Thank you so much.A beautiful story, it's a pity that it's over, a great insert I like the music from the old days, a tear swirls in the eye. Regards

Abandoned

taniu

Jinxiewinxie

Thank you such for including Bitty Village buildings! It warmed my heart to see that! < 3

Abandoned

:) Hi, @Jinxiewinxie

Nice that you are still visiting the site.  I use your mods often, one or more in almost every story.  Especially like the chickens and the rabbits, and always think that it was your Festival Park that first gave us deco people.   Good work  :)