Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

A8 America City Living

Started by angainor88, June 06, 2022, 06:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angainor88

A8 America City Living V. BETA 1.0

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=653

This is a beta test version. I am going to be adding more houses, I just wanted to let you all play with it so you don't have to wait another six months for the finished version.

Let me know any feedback, especially with respect to balancing the costs for each house.

jerica

*runs off to start another colonial town*

Bluebird88

Wow, these are gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing!

taniu

@angainor88 ;) :) :D Thank you very much.Mgnificent buildings

banishedsanni

QuoteLet me know any feedback, especially with respect to balancing the costs for each house.

Yeah, okay! But first:
They look awesome.

I am using them in my latest playthrough and here is what I recognized.

I think the house are way to cheap. You could at least double the needed amount of resources, since it is a very big, massive house.
In addition, I think more Bannies should be able to live in such a big house. At least 8 I think like in Kids modular Rowhouses. This goes for the big Elfreth Corner House, the big Tremont House, the big Commonwealth Corner House and the big Commonwealth House. All other houses have less floors and fit for 6 people.

Aaaaand if I could make a wish it would be the following:
You have designed the houses so that they come with their own walkway. If you build the houses in rows, it looks great.
But sometimes I don't want to build the houses in a row at all.
I would wish for additional F-key variants that come without a sidewalk. I would also like a free-standing variant with one wall of the house wasn't bare.

And at last, not to forget:
They look awesome.

brads3

with these multi-story houses and that suggestion, would it be better if they could hold more than 1 family? i understand this will be more work. have you consulted RED and KID on making these in sections, 1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor? and in that case have an option for shops on the 1st floor?

to save work in redesigning or modding that idea, what about ghosting the 2nd and 3rd floor residences? so the original mod looks like u have it, but add the other residence floors like as an invisible square or blocks. ghosted items can be placed on top of the footprint of the tall buildings. i realize players could overuse such a thing , but would save you much work. maybe have the added stories overlay the front wall, so a player could click the front wall to check on the bannies insde that unit.

kid1293

Do not make them ghosted!!
If a fire breaks out (it can happen) the game will crash.

I use something like

XXX
X.X
X.X  3x3 for the first floor

And only a 1x1 (the red dot for all upper floors)
It means they will walk through the door on the first floor
and all will look neat

angainor88

I've done some second stories before in some of my other mods (not ghosted ones) but with this one, there's no real way to make the 1st and 2nd stories look good, or even vaguely coherent alone. I'll see if I can add some second stories to houses I make later though; I know mine are a bit large for one family alone in banished lol.

I will definitely rebalance the costs of building, though. I wanted to make them close to the cost of vanilla banished at first, just to see how people play with them.

Thank you all for the feedback!

wiscoke

in a way it isn't a problem to have such a large building for 1 family. this means you can build a big city with these buildings before the lags ruins all the fun ;)

the buildings are beautifull. but like @banishedsanni said...the sidewalks are a pain when you want to put the buildings seperatly.

angainor88

Beta version 2.0 is at Nexus Mods (file too big for WoB): https://www.nexusmods.com/banished/mods/114/?tab=description

This includes all 4 New Orleans style houses (two with optional additional stories).

banishedsanni