Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Tree Replacer Spring Light

Started by kid1293, July 04, 2022, 11:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Thorsten44

Good Morning, hello KID1293,

there has been a little misunderstanding, i guess.
I like the original Oaks, there is no problem with them.
My wish was to replace the maple trees, wich are in this strange red colour.
Would be nice, if you could change them instead of the oaks.
THX :)

kid1293

@Thorsten44
I don't understand. What tree replacer are you using in that picture?

Voeille

As far as I can see, those red maples are from CC. They are not included in NaturalResourceTree.rsc (they still appear after I made changes to that file), but instead, I assume, they are their own file which is then included in StartConditions.rsc, so a tree replacer that modifies the tree resource will not replace them.

While I don't have CC source files, I found out using the details in the in-game mod list that the texture file would be in Models\MaterialInstance\MapleTreeTexture.rsc, and the associated image is Models\MaterialInstance\MapleTree.png (but you can set the reference to something else in the .rsc file). I made a retexture for myself to make them darker red that way.

Thorsten44

Ah...ok, i understand, didn´t know that thoose Trees are from CC. THX

The Maple-Tree colour is  a bit to unnatural...anyway.

Thorsten44

@Thorsten44
I don't understand. What tree replacer are you using in that picture?

Hello Kid,
in this picture i am using  your new =Kid - Tree Replacer Spring Light ...on a new map just for testing, how it looks.
...and during the first use i saw this group of  Maple-Trees again and made a screenshot.
Tree Replacer Spring Light replaces the Oak-Trees...no problem with the original.
I would like to see only theese ...
Maple-ugly-neon-red-trees replaced.

kid1293

The problem is - I have NO maples in my Tree Replacer Spring Light.
Furthermore - I have no such red texture at all.

Since I can not identify the problem, there is nothing I can do.

Are you sure you have disabled other mods that change trees?

Voeille

@kid1293
I think the misunderstanding here is that @Thorsten44 wanted a vanilla tree replaced, which is what you did, however he thought the maples were vanilla, but they actually come from CC so naturally your mod wouldn't change them.

The thing with those CC maples is (same with CC buckeye trees) is that they might look like trees, but (based on my observations with how it interacts with other mods and tinkering with modkit) they are a separate layer of resources added to starting conditions in StartConditions.rsc (just like vanilla stone for example, or extra things that RKEC adds in the same way, like grass), and have nothing to do with NaturalResourceTree.rsc, which what a tree replacer mod would edit. So if I have a tree replacer loaded above CC, I get new trees from a tree repalcer and the CC maples are still there. However, if I load RKEC above CC, the CC maples are gone because RKEC replaces the resource references that are being used on map generation.

I hope this helps.

kid1293

@Voeille - I am aware of all that. I have written a number of start conditions.
The question is if Thorsten is aware of it.

@Thorsten44 - I can change that Spring Light to include oaks, but the maples
is nothing I can change.

Thorsten44

@kid1293
I think the misunderstanding here is that @Thorsten44 wanted a vanilla tree replaced, which is what you did, however he thought the maples were vanilla, but they actually come from CC so naturally your mod wouldn't change them.

That´s the point...i didn´t know that thoose red maple trees are not from the vanilla game. It´s  from the CC Mod.
I'm sorry guys...  :)

kid1293

It is okay. I got bewildered too :)

Do you want me to include oaks in Spring Light?

edit: I thought about it. Maybe add oaks and remove pines?

Voeille

I was curious and couldn't help a little test, and it is possible to replace the CC maple without having the source. I created a file Models\MapleTreeMesh.rsc (as this was the model according to the resource list that can be viewed in the game) and filled it with info from another mesh file (sorry @kid1293 I used your witch brew model for the test, as that's almost like a maple... right?), and then also created Models/MaterialInstance/MapleTree.rsc and filled it with the contents of the corresponding file of witch brew. And now this how my CC 'maples' look in the game (it's small but you can see it in the middle of the image):

So perhaps replacing this with one of your trees would be a good solution? It would also affect the maple orchards I believe (I haven't tested it but the model looks the same so it's likely a reference to the same mesh and not a copy). Now I want to see an orchard full of those little potions...

Edit: Sorry guys I just had to... Enjoy my 'maple' orchard.

kid1293

brads3

experiments???? perk-i could make lists for u to try.LOL