News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Soylent Green

Started by Milksoup, March 20, 2023, 07:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milksoup

So...

I know people have had some problems with getting new 3d models for livestock working properly, but I had an amusing (to-me) idea.   I don't have a lot of experience with 3d modeling, so not ready to tackle adding new animations:  but there have to already be model files out there of the people used in the game, so how about a "People" farm?     ;D

You can farm "Human" livestock and produce "Human Meat".  This is a pretty low-value meat (value 1) since no one really wants to eat people, but when processed in the Soylent Green factory it becomes delicious Soylent Green Wafers (value 5).

Does anyone know where I might be able to access the existing animations of the people in the game, I searched in my steam folder but don't see it there.

Milksoup

A less ambitious idea I had was for just the Soylent Green Manufacturer that produces Soylent Green.  Make the chance of death very high and set the death text for a Soylent Green Worker to something like "... has died mysteriously, but something smells delicious."  Workers would die quickly, Soylent Green would be made... it would give the correct impression of what was intended- even if there was no way to link directly the deaths to production.

It would be a great use of Nomads.   Make sure all your educated workers are assigned to tasks before the Nomads arrive.  Assign all the Nomads to the Soylent Green Manufacturer and then harvest the sweet rewards. No more would I deny Nomads entry to my village!