News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Animated objects (ex: windmill turning) possible ?

Started by Browser_ice, January 06, 2018, 05:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browser_ice

Through one of the MOD I am currently using, I added a structure that had a water wheel.  I thought that is cool but then saw that the wheel is not even turning.

That made me wonder if it is even possible to create structures with animated parts.  Is it ?

If yes, where can I find informations on how to create it myself ?
Computer Specs:
I5-2500 CPU 3.30Mhz,
16GB memory,
GTX 960, DirextX-11
Windows 7 Family Premium

RedKetchup

Quote from: Browser_ice on January 06, 2018, 05:28:33 PM
Through one of the MOD I am currently using, I added a structure that had a water wheel.  I thought that is cool but then saw that the wheel is not even turning.

That made me wonder if it is even possible to create structures with animated parts.  Is it ?

If yes, where can I find informations on how to create it myself ?

buildings dont accept animations

Quote from an email to the developper Luke
QuoteHey,

Buildings don't support animations. It's something I always intended to do, but never got around to it.

-Luke
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Browser_ice

But it is used for static objects to have animations.  The trees are an example.  Unless they are not considered structures ...
Computer Specs:
I5-2500 CPU 3.30Mhz,
16GB memory,
GTX 960, DirextX-11
Windows 7 Family Premium

RedKetchup

Quote from: Browser_ice on January 07, 2018, 10:11:12 AM
But it is used for static objects to have animations.  The trees are an example.  Unless they are not considered structures ...

there are some form of animation in the game like particle animations (fire or water) or plants and trees that grows and lose leaves in winter but they are not "real" animations. )it is controled by material and game handle those material (like cropMaterial, BillboardMaterial, BillboardEvergreenMaterial... etc)

but trees have also a part of animations but it is not the leaves swinging with the wind or change color or leaves disappear in winter.... the animation part they have is the part where the tree fall to the ground and disappear under the ground before it gets deleted from the game....

they are not considerated as structure though, you cannot click a tree or click on a plant and "highlight it" as same as you would click on a building and get a window.

animals have animations, but again you cannot click on those.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .