News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Texture Problem

Started by Maldrick, January 22, 2018, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

Working on my current mod...Everything is compliling but I'm getting an error trying to run the game...

Assert: Failed to load resource 'C:\BanishedKit107\MyMods\MDAAFrameCabin\bin\MDAAFrameCabin_resource.crs'

Object\ExternalFactory.cpp(364)

Callstack:
Runtime-x64-profile.dll(0x00000000eeb55a65)
Runtime-x64-profile.dll(0x00000000eeba9297)
Runtime-x64-profile.dll(0x00000000eeba5177)
Runtime-x64-profile.dll(0x00000000eeb6e48c)
MSVCR110.dll(0x00000000fbd23fef)
MSVCR110.dll(0x00000000fbd24196)
KERNEL32.DLL(0x00000000064f1fe4)
ntdll.dll(0x000000000773efb1)

I checked against my first mod and the .crs it's calling for isn't generated when compiling.  Which leads me to suspect there's something off with my .fbx but I've double checked everything and there's nothing amiss that I can find.  Really has me stumped.

Anyone seen anything like this?  Given the nonspecific nature of the error, and the fact the code is compiling, I'm really not sure what I should be looking to fix.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

kid1293

Too generic error!
We don't have the error codes so I can not say where it failed.
You have a screen output when compiling. Was it error free?

I can have a look if you want. I can PM my email if you don't want to post it here.

Maldrick

Awesome, thanks @kid1293 .

Yeah, it is generic, isn't it?  First time running into this.

I may take you up on your offer.  But something occurred to me that I might try first.  The only real difference between this one and the first one is I'm using generic build stages for this one, instead of a separate duplicate for each variant as per Discrepancy's example.

But I just noticed that he uses separate FBXes for each one, where I'm still using one FBX for everything.

Think that might be my problem?
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

kid1293

If you address them wrong, yes.
I have not found any problems with all-in-one.
Yes, I have but I solved them. Check spelling. Capitals and all that.

Maldrick

Hmm...Double checked all of that, but I'll look again to be sure.

Maldrick

Yeah, that all looks good.

Only other thing I can think of is I haven't set up footprints yet, but that wasn't a problem with the last one.  Although this one is 3x3 (3x4 with road) and the default house footprint is 4x4 so could that be the problem?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on February 04, 2018, 01:05:05 PM
Yeah, that all looks good.

Only other thing I can think of is I haven't set up footprints yet, but that wasn't a problem with the last one.  Although this one is 3x3 (3x4 with road) and the default house footprint is 4x4 so could that be the problem?

footprints .png ? it is a 256,512, 1024 thing .. pixels it does nothing with it is a 4x4 or 5x5. it will always stretch the .png so it fits the number of tiles you ask

if you cant find the error, another pair of eyes are very helpful. ask kid how many times he got to check for me cause it was laughing at me :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

I sent @kid1293 my source.  He packed it and it loaded and ran just fine.  I did the same and had the same result.

But running it in the modkit doesn't work for either of us, it seems.  Very strange.

I'm going to try removing the modkit and doing a fresh install.  But beyond that, not sure what else to do. lol

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on February 04, 2018, 02:27:46 PM
I sent @kid1293 my source.  He packed it and it loaded and ran just fine.  I did the same and had the same result.

But running it in the modkit doesn't work for either of us, it seems.  Very strange.

I'm going to try removing the modkit and doing a fresh install.  But beyond that, not sure what else to do. lol

i never never never never run anything in the modkit : i am always always run real LIVE!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

I'd go crazy!  I'm constantly tweaking and running in the kit.

He suggested some changes to my root rsc and resources that seems to fix it.  Now I've got to figure out what that does so I know how to do it going forward adding to this. lol