News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Turn few changes into .pkm mod file

Started by Yandersen, January 14, 2018, 08:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yandersen

Thank you, Kid, just got the stuff and will start working on it to merge with the line of my other mods of improved production buildings with storage. Kid sent a very robust archive full of data for me to process and understand - since I never played with model modding, it will take some time for me to release the "Improved Forester Lodge" mod.

Meanwhile it is possible the Kid will do the same on his own. Unlike him, I prefer to overwrite the vanilla buildings instead of introducing new ones as a separate option, so there is a difference.

Thank you all for the hype, but better convert it to patience... :)

Yandersen

Alrighty, some preliminary results r coming. You can test it yourself now! :)

In my version, the building has 6250 total capacity volume (5x5x250 equal to the stockpile of the same size) for Wood | Iron | Stone (no Fuel as the building is assumed to be used by foresters - whatever they grab from the forest which is not Firewood in vanilla). Foresters now carry the collected stuff themselves (not laborers like in vanilla). My version replaces the vanilla's Forester Lodge. I use the vanilla's stockpile's tiled decal texture for the footprint decal. Chose the hay texture for the roof. Switched build requirement to 45 work only, no material (if any materials used, it will visualize as a filled up stockpile during the construction). Here is the result for now:

Yandersen

Now I have to bug Kid for some model scaling so that the roof legs jump from outside to the positions shown on the pic below. Hope for some user points redefinition also...
What soft do u guys use for modeling all these? Is it Blender?

Yandersen

Well, figured out how to do simple tasks in Blender, so managed to add the use points and rescale the model to make roof supports match the desired points like in the layout pic in the post above. Well, not perfect overall, but the goal is reached - the roof does not stretch that far on the sides. Not even sure which one I like more.  :)  Either earlier version needs some roof-trimming, or the second version needs the roof extension. I guess to make it perfect some model refining required, but it is up for Kid or anyone else who wants to join. But you got the general idea, right? The approach works in general, just visual needs some more work on it.

Gatherer

This is excellent stuff you guys are creating!!!
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

personally,i would like a forester tower in 1 of the corners. the way you both have it, it looks like a covered pile too much.am glad to see progress on the added storage concept thou. is interesting that it was found by just swapping a few lines in the coding.makes 1 wonder how much else is hidden like that.

RedKetchup

i just didnt understood the part where ... you make the item storage showing like a stock pile instead hiding like a barn.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

It is probably our only chance to get some animation in Banished
See the logs come and go.

Maldrick

Doing some really cool things with this.  So, you've got visible stockpile storage integrated with a production building?  Very cool.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Yandersen

Hey guys!
Kid made an awesome model for the stockpile roof so I dare to upload the mod and call it complete! Here is it:
Improved Forester Lodge

But if anyone would decide they can do it better, I can hook you up with the code so you can publish your version. Or... if everyone would agree that one is better than another, we can team up like we just did with Kid to replace the model in next update of THIS mod to avoid duplications. I say it because even though I do like the art the Kid did and greatly appreciate it, there is still something I wish to be different in the model, but do not feel I can let myself to burden Kid with more requests on this one any further - he did more than enough, thanks again, Kid! So that little doubt I have is about the model details. I wished the structure looking like it was constructed from the forest materials like unfinished tree trunks, branches, some pine needles and leaves on the roof, you know. Just because due to technical game limitations the build requirement must not include any material for construction - only work. Therefore visually the model should look like it was build from the stuff obtained by the builders directly from the woods. Makes sense? So this is my only concern with Kid's model.

In the publishing release I actually decided to let the Fuel (Firewood) into the storage, so it is totally identical to the stockpile of the same size functionally.

galensgranny

I like the forester's cover Kid made. 

I wished the structure looking like it was constructed from the forest materials like unfinished tree trunks, branches, some pine needles and leaves on the roof, you know.

That would be a thatch roof.  It had pine needles and leaves on the roof, but it rained and was windy so the all the loose debris got washed and blown off.  ;D

RedKetchup

what if now you would want to have your own icon in the community icon toolbar and put all your mods inside it instead to modify the original vanilla ones ?  :)
you know only 1 mod can change them and all the next mods in the list cannot do it ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Yandersen

Truly, not my style, RK. :) All those mods are meant to replace the vanilla buildings with better versions, so overwrite IS intended. Plus I prefer simple UI personally - going through the option trees every time gets to my nerves.