News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Turn few changes into .pkm mod file

Started by Yandersen, January 14, 2018, 08:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Wow, Yanderson!  You figured out how to get a work building store items!  I hope there will be more work buildings like that.  It never made sense that the hunter, gatherer, forester and herbalist could not store anything in their large buildings.

brads3

a new modder cracked another hiden part of the code? nw we need 1 for animations,animals,houses to ues furniture,..................etc etc

Discrepancy

very nice :)

Quote from: brads3 on January 18, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
a new modder cracked another hiden part of the code? nw we need 1 for animations,animals,houses to ues furniture,..................etc etc

haha, it does seem to be going that way. Necora found the toolbar, Bartender the water and glass materials, Yandersen has found this... what is next.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on January 18, 2018, 01:15:42 PM
Wow, Yanderson!  You figured out how to get a work building store items!  I hope there will be more work buildings like that.  It never made sense that the hunter, gatherer, forester and herbalist could not store anything in their large buildings.

bah it was defined a time ago. but it is not always a good thing, remember when we talked about the woodcutter storing his firewood inside the building ... ??
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Tis sounds very nice. But I must ask one question. How connected are the store and the gatherer? Does the gather stop to work, when "his" store is full?

kid1293

Hej @Nilla !

They should not stop. Gatherers, hunters and herbalist are only programmed to store
their produce where ever they can. In vanilla game there are no resources to make the product.
An added storage is not connected to the function of the building.
That is different from woodchopper. He needs space to store logs so he can chop.
I tried that, but it did not work.

@Yandersen - please continue and make those changes. It can be very useful to save bannies from
walking all over the place to store their things.

edit - and don't forget to compile mod before you post :)

Tom Sawyer

I've tested Yandersens gatherer and as expected they don't stop working if the shelter is filled. They just bring it to the next free storage location. It's really two independent functions combined in one building, not to compare with production buildings which have storage but need it for their raw materials. It might be not that spectacular as moving water in a pond but brings a couple of very nice gameplay improvements.. Gatherers now interact with their shelter, Herbalists finally have herbs in their cabin and all these buildings are not just replaced by mini version or reduced to be decorative anymore. And ha.. trapper cabins storing furs.

The only thing it actually needs is a couple of more custom flags to control these special storage locations via secondary flags. Custom10..19  :(

Yandersen

Quote from: kid1293 on January 18, 2018, 11:14:21 AM
What do you mean by dev version?
The downloaded modkit, you know, "Application-x64-profile.exe", that one.
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 18, 2018, 11:48:55 AM
Looking at your template I see nothing special in it. You just added the storagelocation section and UI parts and it works. No idea what was wrong.
Not only that. Look closer to see a cheat:
InteractDescription interact
{
PointList _pointList = "Models\Buildings\Tailor\TailorPoints.rsc";
}
Without it bannies could not drop stuff in there, so storage will not be used. This is because the vanilla versions of those building types are not designed for any type of interaction or reference. Therefore I steal the interaction points from another building. It could also be a barn, blacksmith or any other production or storage buildings, but each has different spots where bannies bend down to take a dump.  :)  Luckily the interaction points from Tailor seem to fit just perfect in comparison to alternatives. The best way, of course, will be to redefine a list of interaction points, but idk how. Russians prefer to steal rather than create themselves.  :)  Hey, I am joking, okay?.. ;)
Quote from: galensgranny on January 18, 2018, 01:15:42 PMI hope there will be more work buildings like that.
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 18, 2018, 11:48:55 AMTo make a suggestion, you can add this function to the vanilla herbalist as well.
And Hunters Lodge. And Fishing dock maybe. Planning to, yes. Well, I may require help if I fail to find a suitable donor building for interactions points - we do not want bannies to drop stuff at a random spot outside or walk through walls to do so, right? Could be that no other building will match well enough to the model - then we will need to create an interaction points ourselves. Somehow. As I have no idea how - I expect someone to give a hand here... You know, those russians, um... ::)
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 18, 2018, 11:48:55 AM...add this function to the .... as well. Makes even more sense with this special storage flag... The gatherer storage also can be restricted to vegetables and fruits instead of edible to keep away meat from hunters.
Please be more specific. I am kinda new to modding, need help there. What flags can/should I use? Is it possible to define a *specific* raw materials like roots / berries / e.t.c. so ONLY those can be stored?
Quote from: RedKetchup on January 18, 2018, 07:32:05 PM
Quote from: galensgranny on January 18, 2018, 01:15:42 PM
bah it was defined a time ago. but it is not always a good thing, remember when we talked about the woodcutter storing his firewood inside the building ... ??
Exactly. This approach can only be used for those buildings that only PRODUCE, not consumeproduce. So the forester lodge is up for discussion there. I get an idea, actually. It can be defined as a combo of stockpile with fixed size and Forester lodge' function. To make it differ from a regular stockpile visually, it may have a model of tent over it resting on 4 corner wood beams. Kinda covering stockpile from rain. Something like that:
But of-course, hay roof, it is just an example of shape type of the model. So we will be able to see the stockpile under it and it will not bleed through the building model. Would be cool, right? If I eventually succeed to make the code for that working, the tent model and the rest will be for RK to make, oki-doki? :P
Quote from: kid1293 on January 19, 2018, 04:40:58 AM...and don't forget to compile mod before you post :)
Hey, I did! I even posted it on steam and there too. I just provided the source so you guys can see how it is done in case something very terrible will happen to me. Like sudden strike... of laziness. Oh God, my revelation MUST NOT vanish if something like that happen!!!
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 19, 2018, 06:01:59 AMThe only thing it actually needs is a couple of more custom flags to control these special storage locations via secondary flags. Custom10..19  :(
Um, is it actually that bad if a farmer will drop a basket of carrots in the same place where gatherer puts his berries? Maybe overrestricting is a little bit too much to struggle about? I gave my GH a 1600 storage volume and I see it is 100% full with around 900 units of forest treasures in it. Volume is limiting too. So those little storages in the production buildings will not save you from building a barn eventually. It provides just enough space to temporary store small drops with an expectancy of seldom vendor' visits. Plus it encourages to put those buildings deep in woods now, away from town with it's farms.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Yandersen on January 19, 2018, 06:39:06 AM
Please be more specific. I am kinda new to modding, need help there. What flags can/should I use? Is it possible to define a *specific* raw materials like roots / berries / e.t.c. so ONLY those can be stored?

no we cannot ask a specific raw material as flag. thats something i asked many times since a year or 2 ^^.

the flags are there in the picture :)
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1519.0

Nilla

Sounds great, especially at the beginning of a game or in a small settlement and in remote parts. It´s nice to see a new resourceful modder! :)

Tom Sawyer

Ah ok, you used the tailor points. But that was not the problem of my buildings, they have proper use points. Comparing our files I found one little thing which prevented my attempts to work. It was the order in resource descriptions. With "herbalist"; "storagelocation"; it doesnot work but with "storagelocation"; "herbalist"; it does! I did not know that it makes a different. Look what is possible now. :)

Of course with existing flags I cannot prevent bannies to fill the tappers cabin with wool if near a sheep pasture and so on. That's why I mean that more flags would be useful. Your gatherers hut I would restrict to RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Vegetable | Fruit; Just because it would be odd to find it filled up with venison and so on. But also without special storage flags it is worth to include.

And I can try to make special points for vanilla models to include in your mod if you don't want to deal with Blender.

Yandersen

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 19, 2018, 08:37:16 AMYour gatherers hut I would restrict to RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Vegetable | Fruit; Just because it would be odd to find it filled up with venison and so on.
Yes, just did, updated both steam and here.
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 19, 2018, 08:37:16 AMAnd I can try to make special points for vanilla models to include in your mod if you don't want to deal with Blender.
Will be grateful if you do! Yes, please! I am planning to do the same tricks with Gatherers Hut, Herbalist, Hunting Lodge and Fisherman House. All of them, I mean.

Just finished the work on Improved Herbalist. The mod and the source are in the attachments.

Tom Sawyer

I removed your interact link to the tailor point list from your mod and it's working fine using original locations to put stuff in. Seems the vanilla model has all necessary points already. Maybe you were trying but actually solved it by the order in resource descriptions.. So nothing to do in Blender for me. Let's see if it also works together with hunting and fishing function. I wonder what other combinations can be unlocked by changing this order thingy.

Yandersen

Hm, strange. Well, will check next days.

And by far, here is the Improved Hunting Cabin:

RedKetchup

so i check one or 2 of your mods, Do you absolutely need to modify the map and createplaced functions ?

because it doesnt fit with my own mesh :(