News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Turn few changes into .pkm mod file

Started by Yandersen, January 14, 2018, 08:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yandersen

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 19, 2018, 07:02:13 PM
so i check one or 2 of your mods, Do you absolutely need to modify the map and createplaced functions ?

because it doesnt fit with my own mesh :(
Absolutely no. I did this so that it is easily mentionable right from the point where you place a building that it is different - kinda *moded!*.

I Like your herbalist, btw, but hunting cabin... No hunting spirit I feel in it. Can as well be anything else instead.

RedKetchup

then what you need is what Tom said : another .fbx you call that contains all the dummies. and you sub this .fbx to the game one.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Yandersen

Dang, new dimension of modding practice for me, oh, I am too lazy for that! But like Tom mentioned (and I confirm that - thanks, Tom!), the Herbalist works well even with original interact points list, so I updated the mod. I also brought back the original pathing layout. I did not tested the Gatherer and Hunting Cabin yet...

RedKetchup

if tom didnt made it.. i ll make you some pointlist tommorow.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

Just a thought.

Don't forget that fisherman already has use_001 use_002 ....
setting places for fishermen to work.
If you add storage to that building the bannies will dump their load at the
fishermen's feet, not at the storage point!

Herbalist also has 'use' points but they coincide with the building,
for the bannies to get healed. Looks natural dumping herbs there.

Gatherer and hunter are clear. I guess they have points at zero.

Yandersen

Alrighty, changed all interaction points and pathing layouts back to the defaults for Herbalist, Gatherers Hut and Hunting Cabin. All seem to work fine. Not perfectly logical though (the reason that Kid just mentioned), but I think the less we change the better. Mods updated.

I can confirm that order in which components listed inside the "resource" is important - if wrong the app may even crash. I guess messing with it without realizing it's importance somehow created for me a confusive illusion that interaction points is the culprit. Sorry for messing with u guys, please forget this nonesence.

Yandersen

Quote from: kid1293 on January 20, 2018, 09:49:12 AM...fisherman already has use_001 use_002 ....
setting places for fishermen to work.
If you add storage to that building the bannies will dump their load at the
fishermen's feet, not at the storage point!
Thanks, Kid, I gave a thought to this for a while and decided not to go with "Improved" Fisherman House at all. Well, the building is usable already in certain way, right? So I think the better way would be to overwrite the "Fisherman House" building with a simple "Fishing Pier" which has a house model removed. Close to Go Hunting mod. I just don't like my UI cluttered with multiple variations of the same thing when only 1 (the best) is used. That's why I prefer the overwrite approach over addition.

kid1293

@Yandersen

You did not mess with us but you got us all thinking.
Things we done is the past maybe will work if we change order in 'resource'.

( I PM'ed you about buildings. Still not interested? :) )

Yandersen

Kid, do you know if the "use" points are used both for drop-to-storage and work-at-point? Because if those can be made different, then Fisherman House can get it's storage, in theory...

kid1293

Yandersen

Too bad. No storage for FH then.

I kinda succeed adding a storage and the storage display to the forester. The goal is to turn it into a roofed stockpile. Since I never went into modeling, I left the default FL model there for now. Looks ugly, but that is just a placeholder. Wish someone (Kid mb?) replace it with a proper hay roof model resting on 4 corner supports high enough to ensure stock piles do not bleed through the roof once filled up to the top. I attached the modified ForesterLodge.rsc. Seems like my job with it finished, hope you guys hook it up from that point.

My testing showed that once storagedisplay used, no building material should be used (only work required can be set), otherwise it will show up as a full stockpile while the building being constructed (assuming all required materials brought). That suggests to make model of the roof as simple as possible, using the forest materials like coniferous branches for the roof and tree trunks as a support columns at corners and roof frame.

I removed particle, ambientemitter, fireproduction, particle (smoke). Replaced the decal to the tiled texture of the stockpile. Shrunk the layout to uniform 5x5 area. Now what is left is to add a different building model (the tent-like roof covering the stockpile) and replace "model", "picking", "highlight" and "interact" fields accordingly. Can I bother anyone for assistance?

kid1293

OK!!! You're a genius @Yandersen !
Glad to have you on board. :)

I made a roof model and sent a PM to you.
Then I tested myself with your code. Very easy to adapt!

I am so excited, I just have to show!
With all respect for 'patent infringement' I am going to use this! :)

galensgranny

This is great, Yanderson, that you made a way for the forester to store things!  Kid, so glad you teamed up for the visual aspect.  Looks good.  :)

Nilla