News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Trading Revamp

Started by JamieIdle, October 13, 2014, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Quote from: Bobbi on October 19, 2014, 06:18:42 AM
I am very excited about your trade mod, it is exactly what I have been wanting. However, it has conflicts with Jamie's Monastery, Elf's Small Vendor, Extra Exile the Butch version (which I can manage to live without) and Veg/Protein Beans (which is not a deal breaker). I would be most sad if I had to give up first two mods. I suspect it has to do with changing the trade values. Perhaps do two versions, one without changed trade values if this is the case?

I use this mod (the first version) with a lot of other mods. Just built a monastery (finally had enough stone) - no conflict. ???

This extra Exile, I havn´t tried that, what does it make?

The beans I can understand the conflict; in this trademod, beans are also proteins.

Bobbi

Xtra Exile the Butch version adds a slaughterhouse and pigs. Not entirely sure how fond I am of it, the slaughterhouse is liberally decorated with blood splotches. I think I am going to leave it out of my next creation.

RedKetchup

between elf and monastery barrels conflict should be fixed in the final version. do you have the final one ? v 1.0 (not the alpha)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

JamieIdle

There should be no conflict with Elf's Small Vendor's. There are no conflicts with Jamie's Monastery. There will be conflicts with the Extra Exile mod because it changes the value of firewood. It is possible to cut out the resource price changes for a Trading Revamp lite version. However, the only conflicts will be with mods that change the resources listed on the download site or other trading mods. http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/637-Jamie-s-Trading-Revamp

The resource price changes were to add more variety to trading and reduce dependence on firewood as a primary trade good. 

Bobbi

Using version 1.3. The mod I am using of Xtra Exile is not the version that changes a bunch of things I don't want to change, it is the "Butch" version with ONLY the slaughterhouse and pigs. The file that conflicts is a chicken template issue. No worries, I will ditch that mod. As long as the barrels are not an actual problem, I should be able to use this mod. I need it more than the veg/protein bean mod.

JamieIdle

Quote from: Bobbi on October 19, 2014, 11:51:36 AM
Using version 1.3. The mod I am using of Xtra Exile is not the version that changes a bunch of things I don't want to change, it is the "Butch" version with ONLY the slaughterhouse and pigs. The file that conflicts is a chicken template issue. No worries, I will ditch that mod. As long as the barrels are not an actual problem, I should be able to use this mod. I need it more than the veg/protein bean mod.

^.^ Beans are vegetables and protein in my mod. I added it for those with vegan aspirations, but I guess I left that out of my notes.

salamander

I'm not really clear, being new to the modding scene, why my bean nutrition mod would be conflicting with this one.  The only thing that was changed in mine was the Template\RawMaterialBean.rsc file.  Any advice as to how to avoid these types of conflicts would be appreciated (I know some conflicts are inevitable with the way the mod kit works).

Pangaea

If there are changes to different parts of the file, then I *think* one can work around it by more specific references. For example, if you only change the type (Vegetable), this is in the rawmaterial section of the file, which can be referred to as RawMaterialBean.rsc:rawmaterial (instead of just the filename).

Bobbi

SO. If your mod changes beans to both veg and protein, I would not need @salamander's mod to achieve the same thing?  :)

JamieIdle

Quote from: Bobbi on October 19, 2014, 01:10:56 PM
SO. If your mod changes beans to both veg and protein, I would not need @salamander's mod to achieve the same thing?  :)

No, this does the same thing as that. The livestock merchant is essentially a protein merchant. It makes beans, nuts, and meat more valuable trade items.

Bobbi

salamander

Quote from: JamieIdle on October 19, 2014, 12:16:34 PM
^.^ Beans are vegetables and protein in my mod. I added it for those with vegan aspirations, but I guess I left that out of my notes.

I missed this, so the conflict suddenly makes sense.  I was more interested in trying to get a better handle on the modding thing, rather than in any sort of territoriality over mods.  @JamieIdle, your trade modifications are a really nice addition to the game.

Quote from: Pangaea on October 19, 2014, 12:30:36 PM
If there are changes to different parts of the file, then I *think* one can work around it by more specific references. For example, if you only change the type (Vegetable), this is in the rawmaterial section of the file, which can be referred to as RawMaterialBean.rsc:rawmaterial (instead of just the filename).

In this case, though, I'm pretty sure @JamieIdle and I made changes to the same section of the file to make beans count nutritionally as both vegetables and protein, rather than different sections of the same .rsc file.

JamieIdle

After releasing the first version, testing, and getting feedback there appears to be some obvious flaws. Also I don't appear to have ever clearly stated my goals for the mod.

Goals
1. Provide an alternative to current boat fix/trade mods
2. Ensure that all trade boats are useful throughout the game
3. Increase the variety of profitable trade goods
4. Reduce reliance on Ale and Firewood as the primary trade goods
5. Create a mod ideally suited for those that like to build trade based economies

Problems With v1
@Nilla made some good comments on the problems with the first version please read her blog where she tested it! http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=584.0

So I am working on v2.0 now. Recommendations, questions, suggestions, and requests welcome!

assobanana76

Quote from: JamieIdle on October 13, 2014, 05:45:30 PM
The beta of my Trade Mod ready for testing thanks to much help from Red Ketchup debugging and compiling the mod. Sadly my Win 8 machine doesn't seem to like compiling mods -.- Screenshots included in the zip so you know what changed.

-Acts as a boat fix, tested with 40 mods including most popular mods
-Makes seed and livestock merchants carry food
-Keeps the default number of merchant types to 5
-Not compatible with other trade or boat fixes
-Changes the prices of nuts, eggs, meat, clothing, alcohol, and tools making them more valuable trade goods
-Reduced the price of firewood as a balance aid
-See screenshots in the zip for full changes
and what about e.g. woven tunic?
it will crash the game upon arrival of the merchant?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

Quote from: JamieIdle on October 21, 2014, 01:43:41 AM
After releasing the first version, testing, and getting feedback there appears to be some obvious flaws. Also I don't appear to have ever clearly stated my goals for the mod.

Goals
1. Provide an alternative to current boat fix/trade mods
2. Ensure that all trade boats are useful throughout the game
3. Increase the variety of profitable trade goods
4. Reduce reliance on Ale and Firewood as the primary trade goods
5. Create a mod ideally suited for those that like to build trade based economies

Your first attempt reached most of these goals. You are on a good way.

I´ll be happy to test your new version.

And @assobanana76 , no worries, I had that Town and Textile mod activated in my test. The tradesmen brought woven tunics and cloths from the start and I played 28 years before the crashes started.