News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mathieuso Houses Version 3 - Now With Nomads At The Inn!

Started by slink, November 03, 2014, 10:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Mathieuso Houses Version 2

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=28

Here is the first re-release of the houses from the fountain mod.  The smokes all work, and they don't take ten builders.

The medium stone house appears to work fine.

The small wood house works except for the fact that they don't climb the stairs.  I think I have something to learn about floors, but they didn't seem to know it either.

The inn no longer serves beverages, if it ever did.  It is just another boarding house.  It seems a bit dark in color, and probably should have hedges around the base, or something.

However, they all house people.   :)

Version 2 changed the names of the text that labels the houses.  I think this should still work with Version 1 games, but I have not tested it.  I changed it so it does not conflict with the Japanese houses.

Version 3 changes the Inn so that it attracts nomads when you have a hospital.  No town hall, market, or trading post is required.

RedKetchup

yeah :S floor are tricky, the citizens dont follow them anyways :S i stopped to do that

even if you setup a path like :

###
#_#
#_#
#_#
#_#

they always find a way to not follow
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on November 03, 2014, 10:38:26 AM
Mathieuso Houses Version 1

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=28

Here is the first re-release of the houses from the fountain mod.  The smokes all work, and they don't take ten builders.

The medium stone house appears to work fine.

The small wood house works except for the fact that they don't climb the stairs.  I think I have something to learn about floors, but they didn't seem to know it either.

The inn no longer serves beverages, if it ever did.  It is just another boarding house.  It seems a bit dark in color, and probably should have hedges around the base, or something.

However, they all house people.   :)

Thank you, @slink. The "inn" was never anything but a smaller boarding house. I've noticed in @RedKetchup's two-story houses that the citizens are all stair challenged. Have you ever noticed the deer crossing the river toward a trading post or fishing dock? They walk along in a line underwater until they hit the border of the dock, then instantly pop up on top of the dock. I suspect that it is part of the same issue.

slink

If you watch people crossing the wooden bridge, they are walking on a floor.  The "floor" object in the stone bridge from the fountains mod, on the other hand, appears to do nothing.  I think the object in question is not the correct type, but I have not yet given it much thought.  The FM that came with the mod kit does not specify what type, other than "a very low res 'floor' object".

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on November 03, 2014, 12:03:36 PM
If you watch people crossing the wooden bridge, they are walking on a floor.  The "floor" object in the stone bridge from the fountains mod, on the other hand, appears to do nothing.  I think the object in question is not the correct type, but I have not yet given it much thought.  The FM that came with the mod kit does not specify what type, other than "a very low res 'floor' object".

If you can figure this out you're a better person than I am, Gunga Din. There does appear to be some base that keeps fishers and bridge-walkers from falling in the water.

RedKetchup

floors are nice, but they are 2D pixels. you cant control how the citizen will make 1 step ahead and approach it by the proper way, specially with stairs

the citizens is at ground lever, and 1 pixel further he can be on the floor, no matter how high in the sky is the 'floor'
this is why i stoped to use them.

irrelevant

The guys never go inside their houses in any case, they only stand outside the "door," which in the case of the 2nd floor little house is at the bottom of the stairs, I presume.

RedKetchup

they go where is the dummy called 'use_001' is.

where you put it depends of the moddler

Denis de la Rive

Yes ! More testing,  :)

Edit: Did you change the textures on the small wooden building? I really like the new version's roof, much better than the straw yellow I remember. Also I think you could lighten the textures on the street and stairs side of the same, the back, (where the door is), is perfect, and the last side is also good. Tried the stone house, really like the one with the fence instead of the wall enclosure, did you change the material cost? Again thanks for doing this.  :)

slink

I can't recall whether or not I changed the material cost.  I did something to the colors that was probably dreadful from a graphic artist's point of view, but like you I prefer the result to the original.  I exported all of the houses to OBJ files and re-imported them with scaling into a new file.  I left behind the lighting.  I thought that since the AO textures were already generated that the colors would show the same.  Nope.  Oh well.  Lighting and baking are in chapters later on in the book.  *manic giggle*

Denis de la Rive

They have a saying in construction concerning how much time a project needs: it takes what it takes, and 1200 pages is quite a lot to take in.  :)

Paeng

Here is a pic of the little hut -

Scale is much better, and it finally takes the proper resident (here: a fisherman)...
Yeah, they are a tad too dark, but all in all a big improvement. Thanks  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

gerns

thats the only problem i have with them is they are to dark way to dark ,as for a fishing area they are perfect.just wish they where lighter

rkelly17

Quote from: gerns on November 04, 2014, 10:15:07 AM
thats the only problem i have with them is they are to dark way to dark ,as for a fishing area they are perfect.just wish they where lighter

I'd say that these fishers are not only catching fish, they're also smoking them under the house.  ;D

XSwifTX

A smoke house for the meats would be a really awesome, and authentic, addition to Banished.  Back in the day smoking and curing meats was how they kept meats for long periods of time.