News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Long time idling

Started by Nilla, March 07, 2018, 03:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

This is the third time something like this happens to me: A Banni goes into strike! Makes nothing but idling for a long time.

He or she refuses to work. The first two spent all days on the cemetery with occasionally short visits at home to snap a bite to eat. The third liked a bit of exercise, so made a tour from the cemetery over the marketplace to the trading port. I have no idea what triggers this behaviour. After some time (½ year, 1 year, I don't know for sure,) everything is normal again.

It looks like @brads3 as well as @RedKetchup have seen similar things. Anyone else? Have anyone any idea why this happens? I can hardly think that this "bug" or what it is was there from the start.

oldgraywolf

I have seen this a couple of times with a game I'm currently playing. I have all the DS mods and a couple of kid's installed and I've had a couple of laborers hang around the cemetery for awhile and not do their work. The priority tool seems to motivate them but I don't think I've had anyone yet who has an assigned job do this.
I never lose. I either win or I learn.

RedKetchup

i suggest in all your game, try to spot that ... Dorrine and note what she is doing ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

I've noticed this a lot with builders. More often than I care for, and more than one at at time.
Next time I will check on the name.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Denis de la Rive

Could it be linked to happiness, and the lack of cemetery space for a dead loved one?

irrelevant

Yes, what is that individual's happiness?

smurphys7

I have experienced citizens standing still until they die.  I believe this is due to a pathing bug.  This standing still is usually caused by buildings on fire or their status changing through some disaster.  My resolution for that is to "restart" the citizens by reassigning their jobs.  Make everyone, or as many as possible into laborers, then all into builders, then all back into what they were.  It is tedious but it works. 

I haven't experienced lazy workers doing nothing.  At least I have not noticed it.  If you can provide a saved game I would love to take a look.  Please mention whatever mods, if any, you are using.

Nilla

These three individuals I've noticed, were all totally happy; 5 stars!

I've never seen anyone standing still until he/she dies, but I've tried to change the professions; not on everyone but a few professions in the area. It didn't work immediately but eventually, if it works, they seem to need several professions before they got there senses back. (or as I said the problem resolved itself)

I haven't seen anything like this lately. It's also harder to discover as a settlement grows. I try to take a look at the cemetery from time to time. So far, I've only discovered normal idlers; they stay there for a brief time, then back to business.

My experience is that unhappy people don't idle longer, just more often.

Nilla

A new game, a new long time idler: this time it's Kathew 26, who's supposed to be blacksmith, but refuses to do his job.

This time I made a save as soon as I discovered him. I did as @smurphys7 suggested; first making everyone in that area unemployed, then builders and finally back to normal. Kathew became woodcutter and started to work, like any other Banni.

I went back to the save and waited. It took some time, but finally the game handled the reassigning of work. Again Kathew became woodcutter and started to work. I repeated this, the same result.

As i wrote this, I got another idea. I went back and started the save again. This time I didn't staff the woodcutter, instead the trading port with several traders. Kathew refused this profession as well. As I staffed the woodcutter, Kathew still idled some time as trader, until the game reassigned him to woodcutter and he went back to work.

This is so weird. I made one more attempt; this time I didn't staff the woodcutter nor the trading port but the sandpit and Kathew worked happily as stonecutter!

I give up! There's no reliable pattern.

RedKetchup

lol

looks like they really have ... personalities.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .